Sept 4, 2010 - Lamar's First Game is Against...

Should we call this game, Lamar's fan indoctrination to FCS football...? McNeese fans are up there with Montana fans on how to run a tailgate, knowledge of the game and all that jazz. This will be a great introduction to the FCS landscape and of course, hopefully renew the rivalry on a high level...

Lamar will get to see game one, where they stand and what they will need to do in order to reach the top of the conference, considering McNeese should still be amongst the powers in 2010.

Guest coachacola

I think it's great Lamar will be playing McNeese in their first game.  Everyone knows McNeese and it'll allow fans to go see the game.  And since Lamar won't be favored to win the game then I doubt that many people will be disappointed in a loss. 

agreed. the first game shld be at home

If Lamar wanted to play McNeese -- they had no other choice except week one. Apparently, the Pokes have every other week filled -- at Missouri and two FCS games (Southern and Cal Poly). My gut tells me the people at Lamar really wanted to schedule the Cowboys for their first season since that is going to be their biggest rival, so the Cards were handcuffed in to the opening date.

Playing McNeese was a very important piece to what the program wanted for year one, this was a no-brainer. Now, if Lamar plays two weeks in a row on the road to open the season, you can complain. At the very least, the contest is close enough for the Card faithful to make it to.

Guest abovetherim

Agree with Texas Terror on this issue. Play McNeese the first game because they will not have any film on the Cardinals. This gives LU the best chance for a upset and MSU will have to review video of Navarro College in 2008 to get any idea of our shemes Lamar will have in 2010.

Great approach Coach Woodard; I look forward to renewing the rivalry in football with McNeese State.

looking forward to making that 45 minute drive to lake chuck.expect a record crowd for this one.

Don't think so!    It will be a good crowd but the stadium record is 27,500 for the 1976 with the then USL.

Doc

dont be so sure.there will be a sea of lamar fans come out for this.i expect mcneese to do the same.27,500 is doable.

dont be so sure.there will be a sea of lamar fans come out for this.i expect mcneese to do the same.27,500 is doable.

Nope.  Can't happen.    The Fire Code is stricter now than back in 1976 and the fire marshal won't let us have that many in the stadium anymore.    We found that out when Grambling came here in 2001.

Doc

Nope.  Can't happen.    The Fire Code is stricter now than back in 1976 and the fire marshal won't let us have that many in the stadium anymore.    We found that out when Grambling came here in 2001.

Doc

my bad.i assumed that was the capacity.either way it will be a packed house.

I see the samething happening to Lamar. I do not believe Lamar will expand Cardinal stadium for the 2010 season.

I see thousands of fans and potential fans wanting to give Lamar a chance being turned away. Those fans most

likely will never return.

Guest coachacola

I see the samething happening to Lamar. I do not believe Lamar will expand Cardinal stadium for the 2010 season.

I see thousands of fans and potential fans wanting to give Lamar a chance being turned away. Those fans most

That's a good problem to have, not a bad one.  If there's a full stadium for every game then there's incentive (and money) for Lamar to expand the stadium.  A packed stadium means poeple are enjoying Lamar football and more will come.

Some schools around the country are downsizing their stadiums (Tulsa and Stanford come to mind right away) to increase demand and allow them to charge more.

That's a good problem to have, not a bad one.  If there's a full stadium for every game then there's incentive (and money) for Lamar to expand the stadium.  A packed stadium means poeple are enjoying Lamar football and more will come.

Some schools around the country are downsizing their stadiums (Tulsa and Stanford come to mind right away) to increase demand and allow them to charge more.

It also gives a chance for better caliber players or recruits coming to Lamar. A packed stadium would help so much with recruiting it'd be ridiculous.

Well that is not exactly what I meant. I meant first home game. If Lamar expand the stadium to 35k, 35k will attend the first home game.

If Lamar expand the stadium to 50k, 50k will attend the first home game. If Lamar does no expanding to the 17k stadium, 17k will attend the first home game.

After the first game hype, 25% will not attend another game that season. For 35k stadium, that is 26,000k average for remaining games.

50k stadium, 38k average. 17k, 12k average which is right in line withe SLC.

UNLV, I would have to respectfully disagree with that assessment...I don't think that if LU has a 50,000 seat stadium that 50,000 will attend the first home game...big stretch for an area with this population IMO...if that logic works, then we should build a stadium that holds over 1,000,000 people

UNLV, I would have to respectfully disagree with that assessment...I don't think that if LU has a 50,000 seat stadium that 50,000 will attend the first home game...big stretch for an area with this population IMO...if that logic works, then we should build a stadium that holds over 1,000,000 people

I think we could get 50k there. Remember this areas MSA population is about 400,000. Lubbock is about

280,000, yet Lubbock is expanding Tech stadium to 80,000. Areas much smaller than ours and Lubbock are getting 50k. It can be done.

However wasted point because of the status quo never work attitudes of this areas would never allow us to see a 50k or a 35k stadium at Lamar.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami