The most disappointing Astro is....

i'm going with oswalt.  bourn's average is terrible, but he's third in the NL in stolen bases, which makes up (a bit) for the average.  he's also a young player, as this is his first season where's he's been a full-time player.  he'll never be a superstar, but he should turn into a decent player down the road.  oswalt, on the other hand, is badly underperforming.  7-8 with a 4.60 ERA, and this coming from one of the most feared pitchers in the game over the past several years.  his numbers have been improving a bit over the past few weeks, but now he's hurt, and might end up on the DL.  to me, a superstar playing like an average player is much more disappointing than a 2nd year player playing like a rookie. 

See but I chalk up Roys bad numbers to being hurt. He has been hurt for quite some time and just never said anything. He was out there battling because he knew he had to. I think the injury finally caught up with him.

I know Bourne is young but you still have a job to do as the leadoff hitter. Maybe the real problem with him is Cecil Cooper keeping him in that spot.

True.

We wouldnt be having this convo if Willy T was still around

I agree....Willy T wasn't the greatest, however, the Astros have been trying to replace him ever since he left. Hit .288 first two seasons. IMO the Astros gave up on him way too quickly.

Bourne has been a huge disappointment, at least in the leadoff spot. To Bourne's credit, he hit much better when moved to the 7-hole ( raised his average about 25 points ). So what does Cooper do, yep move him back to the leadoff spot.  ??? ??? ???

True.

I agree....Willy T wasn't the greatest, however, the Astros have been trying to replace him ever since he left. Hit .288 first two seasons. IMO the Astros gave up on him way too quickly.

Bourne has been a huge disappointment, at least in the leadoff spot. To Bourne's credit, he hit much better when moved to the 7-hole ( raised his average about 25 points ). So what does Cooper do, yep move him back to the leadoff spot.  ??? ??? ???

oh and lets think back to who we gave up willy t for, JASON JENNINGS! where is he this year? no one knows! willy t is just like kenny lofton, astros had them early on.. gave up on both of them too early.

True.

oh and lets think back to who we gave up willy t for, JASON JENNINGS! where is he this year? no one knows! willy t is just like kenny lofton, astros had them early on.. gave up on both of them too early.

Good Lord...I forgot that Jennings was involved in that debacle. 'Nuff said.

True.

Good Lord...I forgot that Jennings was involved in that debacle. 'Nuff said.

yep. and look at willy t lastyear. he was an all-star, and played for a championship. what did jennings do? just went 2-9 and had a 6.45 ERA!! another great trade  :)

True.

So now you are wanting to give up on Bourn?  He has more upside that Taveras ever had, plus he's a local kid and has WORLD CLASS speed.  There's fast, there's really fast and then there's Michael Bourn fast.

no we need to keep bourn, but move him to the 7 hole for now. loretta could do better out of the leadoff spot

I would not trade Bourne either. He is very young and inexperienced. You have to move him out of the lead off spot for now. He has absolutely zero confidence at the plate. It may seem far-fetched but maybe send him down to AAA just to try and regain some confidence for short time period.

The most disappointing Astro is Cecil Cooper. He sticks with struggling players too long. He makes poor strategical decisions and makes way too many mistakes with the pitching staff. He has had his shot, now lets get someone who knows how to run a ball club.

Booger - The front office can't do that either.  If they let Coop go now, they basically declare their own ineptitude by hiring the guy in the first place.  They have to give him some leash to see what he can do.  Now at the end of the year, he and Willie Randolph will likely be fishing on the weekends together and in the unemployment line together on Monday morning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124