AS THE WORLD TURNS...IN BC

The cold truth continues to slap the 'powers that be' in BC in the face:  Its easy to say 'no' to the BC coaching job.  For those who have been out of the country for the past few weeks, a quick review:

1.  Coach Bryant is "re-assigned".  The pros and cons of that decision have been debated on this board and won't be repeated.  It is done.

2.  Expecting that any and all would simple 'die' for this opportunity, the "powers that be" sat back and waited.  Coach Delome (an early favorite) did not apply (and in fact endorsed Coach Landry from HF).  Coach Brevell pulled out early. 

3.  This left 3:  Jagneaux (who has applied for every opening in SE Texas, accepted 1 or 2, and then backed out), Fackler (who had the problem that he wasn't certified) and Landry. 

4.  Jagneaux and Landry make the final cut and Fackler pulls his application.  Jagneaux then (what ????) pulls out, leaving Landry.  But wait...BC calls Green and offers him the job.  Today, Green turns the job down.  So, what does BC do?  Call Fackler to see if he is interested, leaving Landry once again twisting...

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

1.  BC's reputation for politics and parental/board "over involvment" precedes them.

2.  Green turning them down (read other threads and the "shock" at some BC supporters) shows us:  a top 4A job in a top 4A district beats a 3A job.  Remember:  BC isn't even the biggest 'dog' in their own district:  Jasper owns that now, kinda like they've owned BC the past 2 years in the playoffs.  Translations?  The Vidor job is a better job than the BC job...for many reasons.  How far has Vidor come, and how far has BC fallen, for that to happen?

3.  The handling of this mess should be humilating to baseball people all across southeast Texas (from the way Bryant was treated thru the presnt).

4.  Chad Landry should have had the job from day one.  Now what?  They're going to try to lure a guy back who pulled his application and has a foundation of sand?  If I was Landry, I'm not sure I'd take it now...

The ones I really feel sorry for are the young men who are the BC baseball program.  Decisions are being made by, and for, the few...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cardinal

Kyle Green hasn't turned it down yet but is leaning toward staying in Vidor. He has buildt a program there including a Indoor Practice gym etc. One of the things i heard was he has the Baseball Athletic period at Vidor wheras at BC most of the kids there would be in Football. So there are big advantages at staying at Vidor.

The cold truth continues to slap the 'powers that be' in BC in the face:  Its easy to say 'no' to the BC coaching job.  For those who have been out of the country for the past few weeks, a quick review:

1.  Coach Bryant is "re-assigned".  The pros and cons of that decision have been debated on this board and won't be repeated.  It is done.

2.  Expecting that any and all would simple 'die' for this opportunity, the "powers that be" sat back and waited.  Coach Delome (an early favorite) did not apply (and in fact endorsed Coach Landry from HF).  Coach Brevell pulled out early. 

3.  This left 3:  Jagneaux (who has applied for every opening in SE Texas, accepted 1 or 2, and then backed out), Fackler (who had the problem that he wasn't certified) and Landry. 

4.  Jagneaux and Landry make the final cut and Fackler pulls his application.  Jagneaux then (what ????) pulls out, leaving Landry.  But wait...BC calls Green and offers him the job.  Today, Green turns the job down.  So, what does BC do?  Call Fackler to see if he is interested, leaving Landry once again twisting...

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

1.  BC's reputation for politics and parental/board "over involvment" precedes them.

2.  Green turning them down (read other threads and the "shock" at some BC supporters) shows us:  a top 4A job in a top 4A district beats a 3A job.  Remember:  BC isn't even the biggest 'dog' in their own district:  Jasper owns that now, kinda like they've owned BC the past 2 years in the playoffs.  Translations?  The Vidor job is a better job than the BC job...for many reasons.  How far has Vidor come, and how far has BC fallen, for that to happen?

3.  The handling of this mess should be humilating to baseball people all across southeast Texas (from the way Bryant was treated thru the presnt).

4.  Chad Landry should have had the job from day one.  Now what?  They're going to try to lure a guy back who pulled his application and has a foundation of sand?  If I was Landry, I'm not sure I'd take it now...

The ones I really feel sorry for are the young men who are the BC baseball program.  Decisions are being made by, and for, the few...

Great info, good post.

The certification issue for Fackler was address at the interview, he was told it was not a problem and could be quickly resolved, and from what I have heard he has not pulled out, he was going to but was convinced otherwise.

Why in the world would Landry not get the job?  He is a teacher (first and foremost) and a head baseball coach?  And now someone who isn't even a teacher is being considered?  This is unbelievable, so there has to be something I am missing here.  What is going on................... ???

The certification issue for Fackler was address at the interview, he was told it was not a problem and could be quickly resolved, and from what I have heard he has not pulled out, he was going to but was convinced otherwise.

I have a hard time believing that Coach Stump, Richard Briggs or Jamey Harrison would have said this to Fackler.  I believe they know the certification rules that they MUST abide by before hiring an uncertified teacher. 

I really hope this info is either false or inaccurate because if true Chad Landry doesnt deserve how he's being treated! Not only is he an awesome person but a great coach with a great baseball mind. That would be a huge mistake on BC's part if they let Coach Landry get away...

I don't know if Coach Landry reads these posts or not, but if he does, I just want you to know I think BC has snub you in a really wrong way.  HF would be honored if you decide to stay and continue coaching our boys.  I think we look good for next year and it will be a great run!

vidor is not a better job than the bc job..you have to look at the past/present/ and also the long term. bc's history and recent success speaks volumes over vidors baseball prowess, and the future will always be there for bc as we keep spitting out quality players, and theres not enough to convince me that the future in vidor is as bright as the future in bc...and believe me bc may only be getting stronger in the next 5-10 years. 

but i can see why he would want to stay in vidor and that is that he has built it basically from the ground up and has got to be proud of that, heck i would...so he probably said to himself "why not keep a good thing going?" 

when all the dust is settled i just hope whoever bc hires is the right man for the job for the kids and community's sake

Guest Pirate V Ball

He's not saying Vidor is a better job. BUT there are things at Vidor he has there he will not have at BC such as Baseball Athletic period where all the players attend, alot of them will be in football. It's things like that that a coach that loves baseball has to think about. He doesn't have to scout for Football at Vidor, would he at BC? UHH maybe, little things like that is what he has to think about.

Isn't Jasper in a different district now?

He's not saying Vidor is a better job. BUT there are things at Vidor he has there he will not have at BC such as Baseball Athletic period where all the players attend, alot of them will be in football. It's things like that that a coach that loves baseball has to think about. He doesn't have to scout for Football at Vidor, would he at BC? UHH maybe, little things like that is what he has to think about.

Heck if he leaves Vidor, every faculty member on the HS campus will be fighting over his job!  lol

Guest BC boy 17

BC does have a baseball class. Last year out of the 16 players on the squad at the end of the season, 8 played football. I would think the rest were in the baseball class.

He has not made a decision 1 way or the other.  Many things to consider, other than baseball, and it's not an easy decision.  The man has built a program basically from the ground up and while the cupboard is not bare in Pirate land, it's not as full as in recent years; however, give it another 2 years and they'll be back.  BC will compete, if not win the district championship, year in and year out and has a chance each year to get to Austin.  Again, that's just the "baseball" stuff that he has to consider, much less the other things that go along with it (parents, administration, teaching load, will he get baseball kids on game days, etc.) The fear of the unknown often causes a lot of hesitation in anyones decision making.  This is the man that BC wants, please respect him enough and let him make the decision that is in HIS best interest.

I have never had a dog in this fight but would add some thoughts.

Josh Smalley, a great Coach has just came on board in BC.  Josh would make either a great Softball or Baseball Coach; he has great potential and is deeply grounded in diamond sports.  Why not go with the hometown boy that played on the 1992 Finalist 4A baseball team?

From what I hear Facklers got skeletons in the closet and thats why he hasnt been working.  Sounds like BC already has enough of those.

I thought this site was not supposed to disrupt or degrade one's morals or reputation. The comment above was totally immoral and derogatory. I am quite sure that everyone of us that post on this board has a "skeleton" in their closet somewhere. So what?  That is what life is about, living, learning, and becoming a better person. Even, school board members have a skeleton or two.....if you have lived in or around the city and REALLY know the people then you would know their past mistakes. So what? As long as they have become a better person. For your information, bundy, Fackler may not have been working for a school district, but indeed has been working...giving lessons, starting up the GT Baseball organization, etc. All quite time consuming.  Also, I don't know if this is State or City regulated, but should one get a teaching or coaching job with a school district there is a time period in which one may receive their certification and be in legal guidelines of the State. Please don't call one's integrity with sly innuendos. Not necessary or called for. ;)

Nice post VP.....

MIF04 has always been a reliable source so I would think he may have some insight, it will be interesting to see if Coach Green does decide to stay in Vidor will the other coaches that applied be happy with being the "second" choice.......

Nice post VP.....

MIF04 has always been a reliable source so I would think he may have some insight, it will be interesting to see if Coach Green does decide to stay in Vidor will the other coaches that applied be happy with being the "second" choice.......

The cream always rises to the top.

this is just typical bc school district politics.....if i am not mistaken bc has had a problem with temporary teaching cert. before...they hire someone give him the alotted time to get one and then he cant pass so he goes to another district and gets a temp. cert. to teach there and eventually gets one....sound familiar...the admin. would be down right ignorate to hire someone without a cert. just so he can coach ....i guess they dont care about education...think dr. harrsion should hire the right guy and quit listening to a few school board members....and as far as smalley being the head baseball coach ..that would be the biggest mistake they could make...and as far as vidor being the better coaching job..any coaching job in the state of texas would be the better coachnig job compared to the bridge city job and the reason is...PARENTS...PARENTS...PARENTS..PARENTS....and SCHOOL BOARD MEBERS (NOT ALL) THAT TRY TO RUN THE SCHOOL...PERIOD

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami