2008 MLB Draft this Week!!!

Any area talent draft talks  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Any area talent draft talks

• area talent maybe geting drafted?
    • anyone

It happens but only in a few circumstances....

does this mean I did not have my wires crossed?   ;) ;D

You are most correct, my son straightened me out on that one

Thanks.  You had me worried there for a minute.    :)

No, he already had a full ride to A&M.  He had no pressure to sign.  His and his families position was clear.  He had to be made financially secure, or he went to college.  He is from a family with a college background, so college was their first priority.  If the whole story were known, I would not be surprised if there is substantially more money contracted to come after the signing bonus of $925,000.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a college scholarship lined up enters into drafting decisions at least for some.  Last year LE had a player projected to be drafted early in the first round.  His mother told me that Boston called them before their pick in each round asking for a commitment to sign.  Each time they refused to commit.  Finally, in the fifth round, Boston drafted him anyway.  He eventually signed.  Boston must have come up with the big bucks they were talking.

If he was projected to go in the first rnd someone would have picked him up before the fifth, and no way he's taken in the 5th and get 1st rnd $$, I dont think even Scott Boras could get 1st rnd money for a player taken in the 3rd much less the 5th. Someones got their wires crossed on this story no dought. You can look up what exactly he signed for on the web, I cant remember what site but its for sure there, mite check Baseball America.

Is this the guy

This is the hidden content, please

That's the guy.  I don't know.  Is a Signing Bonus of $925,000 "normal" for the fifth round?

He reportedly throws in the mid-nineties.

Maybe this one? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami