How does your team look in 2009???

Ill be there first to go then.

Bridge city has hicks returning which is great but they need a number 2 and 3 to compete in that district. Also roberston and many others.

Vidor has hester who is only getting better but they did gradaute a few key players. Robi, williams, bunner, and fontnow. But the will compete once agian.

Lcm returns a great sqaud with brown, johnson, leger and barry. Going to miss the richards, gunn and jones but they have some under classmen that will step up. Such as Gonzalez, watch for this kid, vaughn and a few others.

Png lost harrington but the always put a great squad together.

They have a plenty of talent to fill the holes left by the senoirs!

Nederland...hmm not much i can say but dean will be the ace and he will be a good one to watch. With four teams making the playoffs, which i think is a joke, takes away from the competition, they will make the playoffs. They have talent year in and year out just need the pitching to step it up a notch!

Nederland...hmm not much i can say but dean will be the ace and he will be a good one to watch. With four teams making the playoffs, which i think is a joke, takes away from the competition, they will make the playoffs. They have talent year in and year out just need the pitching to step it up a notch!

I will jump in on this comment It's not that the pitching has to step it up a notch. And dont take this wrong not bashing any coach but Nederland had pitching and some real good pitching that never got the chance to pitch. Why? You tell me because I would sure like an answer as to why Nederland only used 2 pitchers consistantly  when they had 6 to 7 pitchers on that team. That could have made a difference.

And as for as 2009 Nederland has some good talent for 2009 if it is used right.

Honestly...I can't answer your question....but if you think you have 6-7 quality pitchers on a 4A squad....I guess it depends on one's definition of "pitchers".

exactly eagle, i know nederland and their talent and they were an all around average team, they didnt have one standout player and definately didnt have ANY good pitching....their best pitcher and player was sampere and hes just an all around athlete.......no reason PN-G shouldnt win the district again next year

oohhh, babe ruth baseball, lol what a joke, get real, i dont even have to say anything to that, that just shows your judgement on the game if you think that babe ruth is great baseball.....there are some players there of course but come on now, its summer ball lol

exactly eagle, i know nederland and their talent and they were an all around average team, they didnt have one standout player and definately didnt have ANY good pitching....their best pitcher and player was sampere and hes just an all around athlete.......no reason PN-G shouldnt win the district again next year

Not that you would give anyone from Nederland credit, I don't think you know the talent as well as you think.  I don't know what games you watched but Bellow and Pitts stood out as above average players in the games I saw.  While he was a solid 3rd baseman, Sampere didn't pitch much at all.  Bellow appeared to be Nederland's best pitcher this year.  He will probably be the ace next year.  Nederland's defense was as good as anybody's I saw but only Bellow and Pitts hit with consistency. 

However, this thread is not just about Nederland.  It's going to be a competitive district as always.  LCM returns most of their team and with their coaching should be in the hunt for 1st.  PNG will have to replace pitching but will be strong as well.  Vidor is a big question mark.  They lose some key players and leadership but will return a solid lineup with  Hester, Hagler, Sims,  and Bruce.  All of the above teams should compete as always.  Coaching will probably make the difference.

And Jasper will be out of the district :)

But with some good Soph starting players returning as juniors.  Ty Parker at catcher, Tyler Ernest probably moving from second back to short, Parker Phillips at third, (and possibly pitching), and Sam Alvis in outfield, presumably moving from LF to center.  There are more good young ones of course, but these were starters on the varsity this year.

The key to Jasper success in 09 will be how well the young pitchers perform.

Guest tigersvoice

But with some good Soph starting players returning as juniors.  Ty Parker at catcher, Tyler Ernest probably moving from second back to short, Parker Phillips at third, (and possibly pitching), and Sam Alvis in outfield, presumably moving from LF to center.  There are more good young ones of course, but these were starters on the varsity this year.

Is Sam Alvis some distant relative of Max Alvis'?

Guest rambleonus

Kingwood Park has everyone back for the next 2 years.  I'm not sure how they will do in 9-4a.  I'm thinking 2nd or 3rd finish. ???

oohhh, babe ruth baseball, lol what a joke, get real, i dont even have to say anything to that, that just shows your judgement on the game if you think that babe ruth is great baseball.....there are some players there of course but come on now, its summer ball lol

Skills123 I do think I have pretty good knowledge of baseball and the Babe Ruth program and that program has spoken for its self for many years going to the world series and coming in 1st and second places most of the time more than I can say for Nederland High School Baseball that hasnt gotten past district in quite some time and seems to me that many of the players that are on the high school team have been on the world series teams. So evidently Nederland coach had talent he didnt use. Just maybe if he had Nederland would have made the playoffs. If i am correct Nederland hasnt made the playoffs since the first year that the new coach took over the team that the former coach had built.Maybe the school board or the ad needs to take a look at what kind of coach they picked for the Nederland baseball program. Oh i forgot this isnt football football comes 1st in Nederland!!!!!!

First, Nederland made the playoffs (only losing 2 district games in the process) in the first 2 years of the new head coach, and as for the team that the "former coach had 'built" Coach Robbins only went undefeated in a very tough district his first year there with the same group of kids that the former coach didn't take to the playoffs.  The last 2 years they have tied for 3rd place in a district that saw a significantly improved Vidor team. The coach doesn't control injuries, and other things that happen throughout the course of the year.  Maybe some of you "baseball gurus" need to shut up and let the high school coaches do their job, or maybe you want the Nederland baseball staff to go to your work and throw rocks at you and bad mouth how you mow someones yard.

Is Sam Alvis some distant relative of Max Alvis'?

not distant at all.  grandson.

Guest strongend

I think the Nederland parents need to hold a lottery to see which parent coaches each week.  This way all of the allstar coaching parents can shoulder the load.  All dads get to do what they couldn't do in school and all the moms get one more chance to run their husbands.

Comparing  the success of Nederland Babe Ruth and the success of Nederland High School is a very laughable statement........lol  I would venture to say the people who run Nederland Babe Ruth would say the same thing.............played there myself many moons ago...even played with the current Nederland Head Coach on, I think, Jimmy Rollins team(think that's his last name)........and I'm not from Nederland.  Which is how it's still run today.....kids from out side of Nederland get an opportunity to play "extra baseball."  Then at the end of the season a very complex group of kids from all around the triangle make up those teams that go far in "what ever they call their all-star's".  You are very miss informed if you think the "Starting nine" for Nederland is what gets to the World Series....... 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu