Cinderellas? What about underachievers.......

Aw c'mon man....in their own world they are champions. After all they were undefeated in peewee and middle school ball. All kidding aside, kids do need to feel they have a shot. I do not know of one person who wakes up looking to fail for the day.

I felt Silsbee underachieved last year hopefully not this season.

Aw c'mon man....in their own world they are champions. After all they were undefeated in peewee and middle school ball. All kidding aside' date=' kids do need to feel they have a shot. I do not know of one person who wakes up looking to fail for the day.

I felt Silsbee underachieved last year hopefully not this season.[/quote']

For a real answer, I say

Newton

Westbrook

Nederland

Come guys serious football talk now. Who will be an underachiver?

Every year there are teams that for whatever reason stumble. If they didn't then we would not have the "Cinderellas."

Call it a feeling, but I see Nederland and Bridge City possible outside looking in.

Aw c'mon man....in their own world they are champions. After all they were undefeated in peewee and middle school ball. All kidding aside' date=' kids do need to feel they have a shot. I do not know of one person who wakes up looking to fail for the day.

I felt Silsbee underachieved last year hopefully not this season.[/quote']

Sounds like Vidor.

I am going to have to dissagree with you there kicker..... It will be hard for WB to underachieve with 4 teams going to the playoffs and not a strong district top to bottom.......

Yeah, I got you J. What I really mean is toward playoff wins, not as much as making them. :)

With the team they have, they should, I said should, go pretty deep in the playoffs.

Im thinking a first round upset. Kind of like us in '04.

Who would they play first round anyway?

Hey Bigdog why you knocking Vidor..We aren't always hopeful ' date='but we don't get on here just saying we are going to run the table either?[/quote']

Not really a knock, just I hear it every year, "we have 20 starters back we should dominate the district", or "our jv beat Ned's jv, so we should win this year", etc.

Guest Penny

Kicker... join the club, Nederland isn't hyped. Most people enjoy spending their time pointing out that although they have one of the longest consecutive playoff strings in the state, they made the State Quarters three years in a row, State Semi's the next, and have become a consistent winner in a district that rivals most in the state.... they still haven't won an OUTRIGHT district championship. You've got lots of buddies in that fraternity.

Nederland is just solid, every year, there's nothing you can do about it Kicker and it isn't hype... it's fact. I'm not downplaying anything other area teams have done, because several have been as and more impressive, but the only way you overhype Nederland is to say they are a lock to win the region. That may be over hyped... although they do have a shot.

Your right Big Dog I guess it's not a knock..But the only time anyone said about Vidor making a run for it was last year(not me).And there was a lot of high hopes last year..There are alot of Vidor fans that get on here and talk nosie when they really have nothing to back it up.But I wont do that until I have some proof..

Let me ask you this..When will nederland win the big one..they get far every year btu why dont that make it to the game?? Not knocking them but what do you think it will take??

Guest Penny

It's all about the right mix of players at this point. In 2000, Nederland had the players, just didn't get a break or two in the Regional Final loss 7-0 to Bay City. Two years ago, same story, had the players to play with most, but had a bad game against Jacksonville.

As of now, Nederland's numbers are slipping. Neumann runs a vicious football program, much like WO-S. Seems like our numbers shrink every year. Last year, we were suiting up the similar numbers as WO-S. We have guys gutting it out both ways in several positions and have little to no depth at others. Specialization or what some call the Tiger Woods syndrome is rampant these days. So many one sport kids. If all of Nederland's athletes had the will to play in Neumann's program, they would be a State force year in and year out. I think that day is coming. Just takes the right group of kids.

This will be the group that decided not to put in the work this summer.They will be easy to spot, they will come out strong the first couple of series and fade against strong teams.They will win about half their games due to superior talent and weak scheduling.At Thanksgiving they will be watching games and blaming the shortcomings on everyone else.They havent figured out what the WOS and Newtons of the world have(their is no OFF season)you have to work to win.We as fans will have to wait to put the names with the results. :!: :!: :!:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder