Coldspring

Diboll

Hamshire-Fannett

Huntington

Orangefield

Shepherd

I like it!!  Hope it passes!!

It will pass eventually!

No it won't. The costs of travel will be too much. Just another stupid idea that the UIL has come up with no regard to the schools budgets.

If the UIL wants an even playing field, then let them counter the travel costs with a state travel fund for poor school districts. I bet that will go over real good with the UIL. ::)

Never say never.  :D Dr. Charles B told me that is was 60/40 last time and will be even closer this time.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3A Div2 District 10

Tarkington

Coldspring

Diboll

Hamshire-Fannett

Huntington

Orangefield

Shepherd

I like it!!  Hope it passes!!

It will pass eventually!

No it won't. The costs of travel will be too much. Just another stupid idea that the UIL has come up with no regard to the schools budgets.

If the UIL wants an even playing field, then let them counter the travel costs with a state travel fund for poor school districts. I bet that will go over real good with the UIL. ::)

Never say never.  :D Dr. Charles B told me that is was 60/40 last time and will be even closer this time.

Funny, when I spoke to him in Austin at the basketball tourney, he didn't seem all that confident about it.

When the superintendents, who ARE the UIL by the way, see the travel and gas expenses this plan will be filed away in the trash where it belongs.......

Charles Breithaup and staff are just the hired help...they can't do a thing without the approval of the superintendents......

Guest ECBucFan

At some point, (when the buses are fueled, for example) reality will set in. This will be junked.

Too bad some are terrified to play the larger teams in their district, anyways. I always felt if you can't handle your own district, you arn't going to last long in the playoffs anyhow.

At some point, (when the buses are fueled, for example) reality will set in. This will be junked.

Too bad some are terrified to play the larger teams in their district, anyways. I always felt if you can't handle your own district, you arn't going to last long in the playoffs anyhow.

Couldn't agree more... When I was in school, it really meant something to make the playoffs. One team from each district, no div 1 / div 2.

Deweyville's shortest trip in district would be 100 miles to San Augustine.  OF would have 4 over 100 miles. Jr. high ball on Thursday,  leave school at 3:00; 2 hour bus ride(arrive at 5:00); start 7th grade by 5:30; start 8th grade approx. 7:00; load bus to eat stale sandwiches 8:30(no time to stop for meal); arrive back at school at 10:30; wait 30 minutes for parents to pick up; home and in bed by 11:30; school 8:00am Friday.  This would not be a good call by the UIL!  I guess it will happen next realignment!! :D

After further research,  1A van horn (west Texas) would probably have to cancel football: shortest district trip: 204 miles  longest: 281.  I know that they already travel in West Texas, but their district now the long trip is at 150 miles and they have one of about 35 miles.

Deweyville's shortest trip in district would be 100 miles to San Augustine.  OF would have 4 over 100 miles. Jr. high ball on Thursday,  leave school at 3:00; 2 hour bus ride(arrive at 5:00); start 7th grade by 5:30; start 8th grade approx. 7:00; load bus to eat stale sandwiches 8:30(no time to stop for meal); arrive back at school at 10:30; wait 30 minutes for parents to pick up; home and in bed by 11:30; school 8:00am Friday.  This would not be a good call by the UIL!  I guess it will happen next realignment!! :D

Jr High, 9th and JV could play teams closer.  They do not have to play the same schedule as the varsity.

you guys need to wake-up.  Distance has always been a problem.  We have been spoiled in the 4A and lower brackets in this area because the abundance of shools and small towns in this area.  THIS is not the case Statewide.  We have seen it differently with the 5A schools in the area traveling 80 plus miles to get to Humble, Northshore, Channellveiw, Westfield, Spring, Northshore, Deerpark, etc.  Travel has BEEN a problem and the difference is now we will see it in our own districts. 

For example currently Lufkin Plays the Conroe Teams 90 + miles

Tyler playing in Desot0 190 + miles

Port Lavaca Beeville 110 + miles

Corpus Christi to Loredo 150 + miles

Guest ECBucFan

you guys need to wake-up.  Distance has always been a problem.  Travel has BEEN a problem and the difference is now we will see it in our own districts. 

Think about what you said. YES travel is (and always will be) a problem in West Texas. Nothing can change that. However, WHY FORCE A TRAVEL PROBLEM STATEWIDE??  This will be a problem by choice. This will be regreted. Mark my words.

you guys need to wake-up.  Distance has always been a problem.  Travel has BEEN a problem and the difference is now we will see it in our own districts. 

Think about what you said. YES travel is (and always will be) a problem in West Texas. Nothing can change that. However, WHY FORCE A TRAVEL PROBLEM STATEWIDE??  This will be a problem by choice. This will be regreted. Mark my words.

All the teams that I named are EAST Texas and Northeast Texas.

Guest Indian Chief

I like the proposal as well. Wish people would quit crying!! Teams have been traveling for years, And no not just in West Texas. Get over it.

Guest ECBucFan

THIS is not the case Statewide. 

I read the word "statewide".

West Texas is generally known for long travel. Southeast Texas doesn't have to be, unless self inflicted.

Guest ECBucFan

Deweyville's shortest trip in district would be 100 miles to San Augustine.  OF would have 4 over 100 miles.

Thats criminal.

Deweyville's shortest trip in district would be 100 miles to San Augustine.  OF would have 4 over 100 miles.

Thats criminal.

All the teams that would be in Orangefield's district with the exception on Diboll we have played in the past in pre-district.  It's funny on this thread that all those opposed to this are those from bigger schools in their current district.

Thats criminal.

All the teams that would be in Orangefield's district with the exception on Diboll we have played in the past in pre-district.  It's funny on this thread that all those opposed to this are those from bigger schools in their current district.

Funny, I knew you would bring that up.

The difference between playing those teams in pre-district and district is that you have a choice as to how far you want to travel, not forced to do so like you would have to in this lame brain idea. But hey, I imagine that the Orangefield ISD will gladly let you pay for their travel expenses so that your Bobcats can have a fighting chance.

Personaly, I don't think Orangefield needs the help, they can do just fine in the district they're in.

Guest ECBucFan

2A EC has played four 3A opponents twice the last two years, and swept them. EC is usually one of the smaller schools in 2A, usually the 4th or 5th of 7, sizewise. If you are trying to infer something, you are dead wrong.

If you really want to make that 150 mile drive after working all day, pull your car or truck up to the pumps, pull out a $100 bill, and hit the road... I just hate this thing will be forced on people who actually have common sense.  ::) 

Guest ECBucFan

They may have to if this doesn't pass.

This needs to be done. Many schools are operating in the red, and if fuel keeps going up it could cause issues.

Yep. And does ANYONE really believe that 300 mile roundtrips won't decrease fan support?? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami