PNG vs. Bridge City Warmup Game- Friday

Guest Orangeboy

Guest BC boy 17

I think we're about to see what BC is made of playing against a premier 4a team, like PN-G.

Ought to be a fun and interesting game.

get real, its a warmup game....everyone is going to throw 1 inning, not like they are throwing harrington, todd, spikes, woods at them the whole game......this is to keep the blood flow and timing going at the plate and to get a nice 1 inning bully during the game for the pitchers

they might not even have the score board on...

There is a good chance to scoreboard wont be on. Neither coach is going to go out of his way to win this game. Youll probly see 5-6 different pitchers for each team trying to get guys who havent thrown in a while, especially for PNG since they have pretty much been throwing 2 guys most of the way. Got to get the young guys ready for a playoff run.

Why would you play it like a scrimmage? Bridge City is a very solid team who could go a few rounds in 4A and not blink an eye. Who wants to go into the playoffs with a loss?

Coach Stone and Coach Byrant I guarantee will play to win.

You play it like a scrimmage because thats basically what it is. It means NOTHING. Why go out there and throw Harrington for 6 innings and take a chance on something bad happening. Then you go real far in the playoffs. This "game" means nothing.

Why would you play it like a scrimmage? Bridge City is a very solid team who could go a few rounds in 4A and not blink an eye. Who wants to go into the playoffs with a loss?

Coach Stone and Coach Byrant I guarantee will play to win.

You play it like a scrimmage because thats basically what it is. It means NOTHING. Why go out there and throw Harrington for 6 innings and take a chance on something bad happening. Then you go real far in the playoffs. This "game" means nothing.

Scrap I understand where your coming from and I don't expect Coach Stone to throw Harrington 6 innings as much as Coach Bryant to throw Hicks 6 innings.

Both pitchers haven't thrown in awhile, they will get the bulk of innings. I can see Todd and Dillon throwing 2 then whoever the coaches feel they need to see for Game 3 of a series.   

If they were smart, they would throw their other guys who are going to end up playing big roles in a playoff run. In a 3 game series there is no way Harrington or Hicks could throw games 1 and 3. Both coaches know what their #1 and #2 pitchers can do, theyve seen them doing it all year. Youre telling me that in a game 3 for PNG that it couldnt come down to Spikes (who's been closing all year), Benoit (who hasnt thrown all that much), Sweetenham (who I havent seen throw a varsity inning all year), or even Deron (who has pitcher very well on JV, but thats JV). Why wouldnt you throw all these guys, some of them will have to throw eventually and the playoff run could rest on it.

they might not even have the score board on...

There is a good chance to scoreboard wont be on. Neither coach is going to go out of his way to win this game. Youll probly see 5-6 different pitchers for each team trying to get guys who havent thrown in a while, especially for PNG since they have pretty much been throwing 2 guys most of the way. Got to get the young guys ready for a playoff run.

If you are having to throw 5-6 guys in the playoffs...chances are you ain't winning.

Never said they were going to need 5 or 6 guys, but one of those guys are going to have to throw some innings. Harrington and Todd will not go the distance every single playoff game. Why not throw them in a "warm up game" so they can get work in in a game like situation rather than in the bullpen?

when he  says five or six different pitchers, iam sure he is talking about 3 different starters and some relief pitchers, so yes if u are pitching 5 or 6 u still have a very good chance of going deep into the playoffs.

as far as are the coaches going to play to win, hell no they are not. they are going out to get their other pitchers as much time as possible.  in case of a game 3

Guest kosmo

There is a reason why you have never heard of him.  Now are we talking the PNG baseball hall of fame or the Willie Wonka Oompa Loompa Hall of Fame?  I would swear he was an Oompa Loomp at the factory back in the day.

hey BCTreasure, how can they be trying to win the game if harrington for sure isnt throwing but i dont know about todd, who might not be throwing either,,,,,mix in a clue over there.....everyone will throw 1 inning or so and who cares if png or bc win by 30, it means nothing....and by the way bc could not go a few rounds deep in 4a baseball, 3a and 4a is the biggest jump when comparing different A ball, they lost to hardin jeff......they may win the first MAYBE but come on now 3a fans, get real

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83