Vidor @ PNG Friday!!!!!!

I don't think that is to bold of a statement.  It is pretty much a two team race at this point and the winner of that game will have the edge down the stretch.  Third looks like a 3 team race.  Will be a 2 team race also after Ned/Ozen tonight.

I don't think that is to bold of a statement.  It is pretty much a two team race at this point and the winner of that game will have the edge down the stretch.  Third looks like a 3 team race.  Will be a 2 team race also after Ned/Ozen tonight.

How can it be a two team race? If Vidor beats PNG and then LCM beats Vidor, not to mention there are still games to be played, the district is still up in the air as far as I'm concerned. Unless I've missed something.

In my opinion....vidor has the toughest finish of the 5 teams trying to fill those three spots.

PN-G:  Lumb.........Vidor............Central............Dayton

Vidor:  Central.......PNG............Ozen...............LCM

LC-M:  Dayton.......NED............Lumb...............Vidor

NED:  Ozen.........LCM.............Dayton............Lumb

Ozen:  NED..........Lumb...........Vidor..............Central

PN-G at worst goes 3-1 with a lose to vidor at best possible 4-0 run

Vidor vs PNG, Ozen and LCM makes for a tough finish would definitely be battle tested if it made it through those three games!!

LCM two key games are Nederland and Vidor I say they go 4-0 to 3-1 to finish out.

Nederland two key games come in a row with tonight against Ozen and Friday vs. LCM.  They cant afford one bad inning in those two games.

Ozens two key games are Nederland tonight and Vidor next Tuesday and their in the same boat Nederland is in...playing with nothing to lose............and those can be the worse teams to play this time of the season because you never know!!!

good luck to all teams...........man, how fun is this!!!

Guest vpirate

In my opinion....vidor has the toughest finish of the 5 teams trying to fill those three spots.

PN-G:  Lumb.........Vidor............Central............Dayton

Vidor:  Central.......PNG............Ozen...............LCM

LC-M:  Dayton.......NED............Lumb...............Vidor

NED:   Ozen.........LCM.............Dayton............Lumb

Ozen:  NED..........Lumb...........Vidor..............Central

PN-G at worst goes 3-1 with a lose to vidor at best possible 4-0 run

Vidor vs PNG, Ozen and LCM makes for a tough finish would definitely be battle tested if it made it through those three games!!

LCM two key games are Nederland and Vidor I say they go 4-0 to 3-1 to finish out.

Nederland two key games come in a row with tonight against Ozen and Friday vs. LCM.  They cant afford one bad inning in those two games.

Ozens two key games are Nederland tonight and Vidor next Tuesday and their in the same boat Nederland is in...playing with nothing to lose............and those can be the worse teams to play this time of the season because you never know!!!

good luck to all teams...........man, how fun is this!!!

I agree 100%..  We still have a tough road ahead.  It's way to soon to talk about winning district.  It's one game at a time, starting with Central tonight..  They played us tough last time

It is a very bold statement on your part.  There is to many what if's for to you say that the championship will be decided on Friday night.  Just hope that your statement doesn't come back and bite you.  It will be very interesting to see how this district race ends up it should be very interesting needless to say.  I wish all the teams the very best.

Guest gladiator2

It might look like PNG has the best shot at winning district but when you have a young team anything can happen. I would not count LCM out of the race yet, I don't see them losing again. Vidor will lose at least 2 more games (PNG,LCM). After the last game in Vidor you can bet PNG will be ready to go along with the fans and hopefully our PA announcer will crank the music up while Vidor's pitcher's are in the middle of their windup and it may not bother them just like I didn't think that it bothered our pitcher's as much as it bothered the fans. I really don't think that it will happen but you never know. I don't think that it will really matter because knowing the kind of competitor Harrington is we might not need but 1 run. His leadership has really been impressive. He has a fire in him that cannot be taught.

here here on the fire in harrington...png seems to always be on the top of their game with him leading the game...I feel completely confident when he is behind the plate!

I also however wish there could be a peace offering between the fans of vidor and png...for the png seniors this is their last home game ever and I really hope it isnt remembered as a "nasty" display from either side...I wish both teams luck and pray for not too much revenge seeking on png's behalf. Good luck to both Png and Vidor.  :-\

Guest vpirate

It might look like PNG has the best shot at winning district but when you have a young team anything can happen. I would not count LCM out of the race yet, I don't see them losing again. Vidor will lose at least 2 more games (PNG,LCM). After the last game in Vidor you can bet PNG will be ready to go along with the fans and hopefully our PA announcer will crank the music up while Vidor's pitcher's are in the middle of their windup and it may not bother them just like I didn't think that it bothered our pitcher's as much as it bothered the fans. I really don't think that it will happen but you never know. I don't think that it will really matter because knowing the kind of competitor Harrington is we might not need but 1 run. His leadership has really been impressive. He has a fire in him that cannot be taught.

No music was played trying to distract the pitcher..  That is a flat out lie!!  The only music played was between innings and each player has walk-up music.  Get your facts straight before you post!

As an outsider to this little rivalry that has developed,  I sure would like to see a little class added to it.  The whining and back and forth is getting old!!!!  This should be a great game with great players on both sides.  I wish I could be there but have to watch the Dogs battle the Bears.  This one will be to close to call.

No music was played trying to distract the pitcher..  That is a flat out lie!!  The only music played was between innings and each player has walk-up music.  Get your facts straight before you post!

Fact is, the music is only played while the opposing team is playing defense and played loudly right up until the pitcher goes into his windup. Just to be clear, "Walk-up" music is played loudly as Vidor's batters are walking up to the plate and are settling into the batters box, then shut off just as the pitcher is ready to release the ball. But, while Vidor is playing defense, and while their pitcher's are on the mound doing their thing, trying to concentrate, the music is shut off. I would think the loud music would definitely distract an opposing pitcher. Too bad the officials won't control this obnoxious practice. Once your batter is in the batter's box, there's your que to shut it off. Play your "Walk-up" music, key word being "Walk" then shut it off. Vidor is not the only school that does this, but they are definitely the loudest and most obvious.

Fact is, the music is only played while the opposing team is playing defense and played loudly right up until the pitcher goes into his windup. Just to be clear, "Walk-up" music is played loudly as Vidor's batters are walking up to the plate and are settling into the batters box, then shut off just as the pitcher is ready to release the ball. But, while Vidor is playing defense, and while their pitcher's are on the mound doing their thing, trying to concentrate, the music is shut off. I would think the loud music would definitely distract an opposing pitcher. Too bad the officials won't control this obnoxious practice. Once your batter is in the batter's box, there's your que to shut it off. Play your "Walk-up" music, key word being "Walk" then shut it off. Vidor is not the only school that does this, but they are definitely the loudest and most obvious.

I don't think that it matters, but did anyone from PNG baseball coaching staff tell the umpire to speak with the Vidor announcer? Personally I don't think that the music being played for the first pitch effected the outcome of the game, but I wasn't there.  If something like that does happene and it's bothering the opposing team then they need to meet with the umpire and it's not up to the fans/parents. Calm down, I'm a PNG fan, but I just wanted to point that out, and this is a unbias statement.

I agree that the music should not be an issue.  If the players did not complain to the coaches and the coaches did not tell the 'blues' anything then the point is mute.  The fans have opinions on what is obnoxious and what is inappropriate but we don't make that call.  As for PNG 'doin the same as vidor' that I keep hearing about...well don't see that happening.  Yes, there were things that I did not agree with but that was forever ago.  All thoughts should be on making the next game a good one, cheering on the kids, making a good memory for all the seniors that won't be here next year.  Friday is a pivotal night for a lot of teams.  Lets show the players that we can be adults and act our age.  (Now you can blast me for this post) lol ;D

If, and I stress if, music is distracting you on the mound. You simply do not need to be pitching.

If, and I stress if, music is distracting you on the mound. You simply do not need to be pitching.

Thank you!!  If you have played any type of organized baseball, you should know that everything is blocked out except what is happening on the field. 

Guest vpirate

I agree that the music should not be an issue.  If the players did not complain to the coaches and the coaches did not tell the 'blues' anything then the point is mute.  The fans have opinions on what is obnoxious and what is inappropriate but we don't make that call.  As for PNG 'doin the same as vidor' that I keep hearing about...well don't see that happening.  Yes, there were things that I did not agree with but that was forever ago.  All thoughts should be on making the next game a good one, cheering on the kids, making a good memory for all the seniors that won't be here next year.  Friday is a pivotal night for a lot of teams.  Lets show the players that we can be adults and act our age.  (Now you can blast me for this post) lol ;D

Good post..  Hopefully it will be a great game..  See ya'll Friday..

I seen you dancing to the PNG walk up music  :D :D I don't think you would leave the music playing too long ;D

It is a very bold statement on your part.  There is to many what if's for to you say that the championship will be decided on Friday night.  Just hope that your statement doesn't come back and bite you.   It will be very interesting to see how this district race ends up it should be very interesting needless to say.  I wish all the teams the very best.

Like so many bear fans have done while riding on a sinking ship! I am not making predictions, just hoping we can ride this wave to first place and hold it!

i agree that lcm in not on a sinkin ship. IMO they are just not playin as a team like they were earlier in the season. i think that they will regain their focus and start playin as a team. look for the bats to come back to life against nederland. its a big game and a must win for lcm. they need team leaders to step up and griff will have his team ready to play friday. anyways.......this post is bout vidor @ png. they are both playin well and good luck to both teams! this district is always fun to watch! anythin could happen!!!!!! dont know who will win this game but it will be a good one to watch. good luck to both!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics