THIS IS RIDICULOUS............!!!/OZEN Will Play Home Games At WB And The Babe!

I was chatting with coach rison a few days ago and he mentioned to me that Lamar doesnt want the BMT schools playing there anymore dont know if anyone has posted alrdy but i think this is a crying shame..........it wouldnt even look right ozen playing a home game at durley or babe..........

I was chatting with coach rison a few days ago and he mentioned to me that Lamar doesnt want the BMT schools playing there anymore dont know if anyone has posted alrdy but i think this is a crying shame..........it wouldnt even look right ozen playing a home game at durley or babe..........

If the BISD schools did not see this coming, then they are blind as bats!!! Of course Lamar was going to stop letting high schools play at Cardinal Stadium, how else would they be able to do all the renovations to the stadium for when Lamar football starts up. Did you actually think they would work around this coming high school football season? That would put them behind 3 to 4 months for this year and possible for next year too. Lamar is trying to get football back at the most efficient way they can. They do not have the luxury of letting football be played there while they are in construction mode. Bottom line is, Ozen needs to get their own stadium, all the other BISD schools do.

Now after Lamar gets the stadium back in shape and starts football back, if they don't allow high schools to play playoff games there, that would be a shame. But I would agree with not letting someone have all their home games there.

If the BISD schools did not see this coming, then they are blind as bats!!! Of course Lamar was going to stop letting high schools play at Cardinal Stadium, how else would they be able to do all the renovations to the stadium for when Lamar football starts up. Did you actually think they would work around this coming high school football season? That would put them behind 3 to 4 months for this year and possible for next year too. Lamar is trying to get football back at the most efficient way they can. They do not have the luxury of letting football be played there while they are in construction mode. Bottom line is, Ozen needs to get their own stadium, all the other BISD schools do.

Now after Lamar gets the stadium back in shape and starts football back, if they don't allow high schools to play playoff games there, that would be a shame. But I would agree with not letting someone have all their home games there.

but think about it aggie it was nice having the beaumont bowl at a pretty much nuetral site instead of someone having all the field advantage at their own field

but think about it aggie it was nice having the beaumont bowl at a pretty much nuetral site instead of someone having all the field advantage at their own field

How do you figure that to be a nuetral site? Ozen played all their home games there, Brook and Central only played there twice and Central had to play Ozen there for a district game regardless of who was home or away. Not so nuetral to me.

If and when BISD builds their new stadium( the key word being IF ) then the Bruins, Jags, and Panthers can have their nice liitle play pen without having to borrow from Lamar.

Guest tigersvoice

There are a lot of people in the area, including the Lamar Administration, that see the situation LARGER than the Beaumont Bowl.

There are a lot of people in the area, including the Lamar Administration, that see the situation LARGER than the Beaumont Bowl.

??? what?

To me its not very smart. The NCAA has a rule not scouting the kids during the season. That is personally. But if they play at your school and you allow them to play at your complex that voids the rule and you can see them play and recruit them. This would be to lamars advantage in keeping some of the local talent because not only do they get to see the beaumont talent but they get to see who ever they play as well. Just a thought but then again almar has never been high on recruiting in this area lately. 1 or 2 a year.

To me its not very smart. The NCAA has a rule not scouting the kids during the season. That is personally. But if they play at your school and you allow them to play at your complex that voids the rule and you can see them play and recruit them. This would be to lamars advantage in keeping some of the local talent because not only do they get to see the beaumont talent but they get to see who ever they play as well. Just a thought but then again almar has never been high on recruiting in this area lately. 1 or 2 a year.

Since there has been no Lamar football team for the last 20 yrs ......I wonder who the 1 or 2 a year are lately?

;)

The 1 or 2 I was talking about was in other sports because im talking about lamar in general. They do not keep enough home talent here when there is an opportunity. When they did have football it was the same way. I have talked to a few older guys that played at lamar and are from here and they said there was plenty of talent back then that was going away because lamar never talked to them.

At this very moment I know of two baseball players that are deserving of scholarships and Gilligan has yet to even speak to them or send someone to do so. Although he has signed a few more in years of late.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami