WOS Dropping Scoccer?

its not really not having players to play...its not having a ...well simply put.. just not having a knowledgable soccer coach..

we have the same problem at HJ, no one wants to coach so we usually get stuck with a LB or recievers coach who gets "tricked" into the job... i say tricked because one of our (HJ) coaches actually used that term... he said "man, i can't believe i got tricked into coaching soccer"... 

We can kind of relate to u over here at LCM. We have a great soccer coach, but our athletic director and other coaches at the campus think of us as a joke. We made playoffs this year and still have no where near respect. The other day one of our football coaches(theres about 15 of them) told one of the football players, "Run around that JUNK!"(they were running around us). One of us turned around and asked if we had really just been called junk and he said yes and sort of laughed about it. Thats RIDICULOUS!

We can kind of relate to u over here at LCM. We have a great soccer coach, but our athletic director and other coaches at the campus think of us as a joke. We made playoffs this year and still have no where near respect. The other day one of our football coaches(theres about 15 of them) told one of the football players, "Run around that JUNK!"(they were running around us). One of us turned around and asked if we had really just been called junk and he said yes and sort of laughed about it. Thats RIDICULOUS!

They should not say things like that

I think the athletic director at LCM would LOVE to have the soccer players on his football team.  For various reasons, the athletic director has been unable to get the kids to buy into his "program".  Every sport at LCM but football has had a successful year this season.  You can't say that LCM doesn't have the athletes, because they clearly do.  For any coach at LCM to ridicule the soccer players is absurd.  Jealousy??? 

You are right it is a lot of he said she said, but it is what he said I happened to be there when said comment was made, so yeah it happened and I don't think it reflected to highly on an already floundering football program. That is why the AD and Football coach should be two different people, especially if the football coach can't get it done in his district. By the way he called to apologize later that day, and in his apology he said it was a privilege for the VARSITY soccer team to get to play on the varsity football field. Hmmmmm I wonder if it should be renamed the Soccer field since more games were won by them on it.

Moody appears to be overprotective of HIS (not the taxpayers of LCM school district) football field.  Having a good looking football field is not more important than having a team that plays well. 

I am a WO-S alum who now lives in the LC-M school district.  Over at WO-S, anybody can play on their field at any time.  I am sure many a young potential football player enjoyed playing on the big field while he sharpened his football skills.  Over at LC-M Battlin Bears stadium, people are greeted with a "keep off the field" sign.  It sends a poor message.

Moody has been reluctant to allow the varsity soccer team to play their games on the football field.  What is the reason for that???

As I stated earlier, the soccer players are solid athletes with the potential to be strong football players.  But the soccer players have not particpated in Moody's football program.  Until something changes, I don't think that LC-M will put its best athletes on the football field.  Too bad.  The other sports at LC-M seem to be performing quite nicely. 

Moody appears to be overprotective of HIS (not the taxpayers of LCM school district) football field.  Having a good looking football field is not more important than having a team that plays well. 

I am a WO-S alum who now lives in the LC-M school district.  Over at WO-S, anybody can play on their field at any time.  I am sure many a young potential football player enjoyed playing on the big field while he sharpened his football skills.  Over at LC-M Battlin Bears stadium, people are greeted with a "keep off the field" sign.   It sends a poor message.

Moody has been reluctant to allow the varsity soccer team to play their games on the football field.  What is the reason for that???

As I stated earlier, the soccer players are solid athletes with the potential to be strong football players.  But the soccer players have not particpated in Moody's football program.  Until something changes, I don't think that LC-M will put its best athletes on the football field.  Too bad.  The other sports at LC-M seem to be performing quite nicely. 

WOS-----  Over at WO-S, anybody can play on their field at any time. Are you sure about that! The WOS soccer games I attended were at middle school. I think you should check on that and let me know what you find out.

I am a WO-S alum who now lives in the LC-M school district.  Over at WO-S, anybody can play on their field at any time.  I am sure many a young potential football player enjoyed playing on the big field while he sharpened his football skills.  Over at LC-M Battlin Bears stadium, people are greeted with a "keep off the field" sign.   It sends a poor message.

I agree it dont hurt to play on the field and thats where soccer should be played but that sign has been up for at least 10 years.

They should have a 3a Soccer district

I totally agree.  And there will be if more 3A school around the state start up soccer programs.  Right now there aren't enough, so all of the 3A schools play up in 4A.

Over at LC-M Battlin Bears stadium, people are greeted with a "keep off the field" sign.   It sends a poor message.

It may seem like it sends a poor message to you, but as a coach, your top proiority as far as field maintenance is concerned is that you want to have a good playing surface for your varsity games.  If a field is not allowed to rest, it will never recover from general wear and tear.  Just cut a corner on a sidewalk for a week or so and you can see a difference in that grass compared to the grass around it.  Now imagine if you had sprinted or made cuts on that grass while it was wet.  Pretty soon it's not grass - it's mud.  If anyone and everyone in the area is allowed to get on that field, it will be a bare dirt and mud patch pretty soon.  Just take a look at Bulldog Stadium and you can see the effects of overuse.  It was pathetic at the end of the season.  And if you think that the girls and boys soccer teams caused that, you're crazy.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be allowed to play pick-up football or soccer games.  I'm saying these people have a choice of where they can play.  At Nederland we have one place we are supposed to play (Bulldog Stadium) and a back-up or emergency place (Prather Field). 

Personally I believe a "keep off the field sign" is a good idea. The reason I say this is because the last two years Bulldog Stadium field is torn up by people playing pick up games before soccer season even starts. The soccer teams are playing on dirt or mud if it has rained from the first game. If you watched any games there you would notice the end of the field near the scoreboard is completely torn up. The soccer teams deserve better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder