All-American, 17, out of jail but facing charges

Inocent bystander?  An incocent bystander is someone that walks by and happens to witness the crime.  Not someone who is WITH the guilty party.  If you are with someone and that someone shoots and kills someone else, then guess what, you are guilty of a crime too.  It may not be murder, but you will still be charged with a felony. 

Birds of a feather flock together. 

Inocent bystander?   An incocent bystander is someone that walks by and happens to witness the crime.  Not someone who is WITH the guilty party.  If you are with someone and that someone shoots and kills someone else, then guess what, you are guilty of a crime too.  It may not be murder, but you will still be charged with a felony. 

Birds of a feather flock together. 

So if I'm riding in the car with a friend and he has a wreck with another car, and ends up shooting the person, I'm guilty too?

Bad analogy.  If you are in a house where drugs are being distributed out of and the police bust in and raid the place, guess who's getting arrested.  YOU.  Regardless if you had anything to do with it. 

Because it goes a little something like this.  If you know a crime is going to be committed and you still hang around, then you are guilty also (maybe to a lesser extent by the law).  Just like that kid knew his buddy had a bb gun with him, and I'm sure he knew he was about to do something that he shouldn't with the bb gun.  Guilty by association chief.  He should have left before the crime went down.  He knew what was about to happen. 

Bad analogy.  If you are in a house where drugs are being distributed out of and the police bust in and raid the place, guess who's getting arrested.  YOU.  Regardless if you had anything to do with it. 

Because it goes a little something like this.  If you know a crime is going to be committed and you still hang around, then you are guilty also (maybe to a lesser extent by the law).  Just like that kid knew his buddy had a bb gun with him, and I'm sure he knew he was about to do something that he shouldn't with the bb gun.  Guilty by association chief.  He should have left before the crime went down.  He knew what was about to happen. 

Poor example, the kids my been shooting birds. Then all of sudden, one kid makes a dumb decision and points his BB gun at the woman.

Shooting birds with BB guns would be acceptable when he was 7 maybe, but not 17.  He doesn't deserve a felony for this, but he does need some sense knocked into him.  He put himself into a situation where he could potentially get into trouble, and surprise surprise, he got in trouble.  If he's a teammate of this guy who was shooting the gun, he's been around him enough to know that he would do something stupid.  When you're an all-american, and have a bright future ahead of you, you don't hang out with the types of people who would be stupid enough to randomly shoot someone with a BB gun.  hopefully this kid learned a lesson without jeoapardizing his career. 

Guest DickVitale

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....You people are SO darn judgemental about a situation that you know MINIMAL FACTS about...Typical...But like I said, If you are without sin or error in judgement, EVER, then judge on...Otherwise, shut up about it...WE do not know WHAT happened with that kid...Discuss something that you know about...for a change.

Guest DickVitale

Were you at Lamar today?

Who me?

DickV, this is a message board and there is an article posted on the situation by several posters.  This is what takes place on a message board.  If you do not like the conversation then you should move on to another that suits you. 

You get my point though...You people LOVE to attempt to gossip and run others in the ground, as if you have ALWAYS done everything right, and you have MINIMAL information to begin with...Kind of like a bunch of girls...Yeah...Some gossiping hens! Wonder if the kid lived in the burbs or not...DEFINITELY NOT...Otherwise, there would not be as much discussion..wonder why? ::)

Guest abovetherim

DV, I was joking. There were a couple of Evangelist at Lamar today in front of the Sez telling people they were going to "burn in H__".

I'm a spiritual person and my younger brother is a pastor but I was surprise to see that at school today. Just attempting to be funny, sorry.

Should know better than joke about religion.

Guest DickVitale

DV, I was joking. There were a couple of Evangelist at Lamar today in front of the Sez telling people they were going to "burn in H__".

I'm a spiritual person and my younger brother is a pastor but I was surprise to see that at school today. Just attempting to be funny, sorry.

Should know better than joke about religion.

NAHHH! ATR, you are good with me, I was just wondering if you were asking ME if you saw me...I had the slightest idea why, I was just asking before I answered...You're good... 8)

Dicki - I have to laugh when reading most of your post. I would love to meet you in person. If for no other reason than to see if you truly are as argumentative in person. I have maybe posted less than 10 post in all the time I get on here. If you read and follow just your input, quietly, there is a pattern. You pro and con things constantly and are very guilty of smashing any bug you see fit.

Now on this subject. 1st of all, this young man may or may not have been directly involved based on the article. But....I can assure you that the law in almost all states would jail him for being in the middle of the crime. Had he quickly walked aprox 100 yards away and crossed the street, he would not have spent the night in jail. Period. This makes him guilty by association and that was his choice. No one is judging by anyother means than to say "Young Man, if you want to stay a good citizen, steer away from any level of crime".

And for the record, a message board as this is for tossing out viewpoints and ideas. That doesn't mean we are saying the young man is doomed for the rest of his life. He made a choice, I am almost sure he wish he would have not unless he is self destructive.

Guest DickVitale

Dicki - I have to laugh when reading most of your post. I would love to meet you in person. If for no other reason than to see if you truly are as argumentative in person. I have maybe posted less than 10 post in all the time I get on here. If you read and follow just your input, quietly, there is a pattern. You pro and con things constantly and are very guilty of smashing any bug you see fit.

Now on this subject. 1st of all, this young man may or may not have been directly involved based on the article. But....I can assure you that the law in almost all states would jail him for being in the middle of the crime. Had he quickly walked aprox 100 yards away and crossed the street, he would not have spent the night in jail. Period. This makes him guilty by association and that was his choice. No one is judging by anyother means than to say "Young Man, if you want to stay a good citizen, steer away from any level of crime".

And for the record, a message board as this is for tossing out viewpoints and ideas. That doesn't mean we are saying the young man is doomed for the rest of his life. He made a choice, I am almost sure he wish he would have not unless he is self destructive.

I am actually a quiet person... ::)..OK, no I am not! ;D....Now, I understand exactly what you are saying and you made a valid point (except for me being argumentative and smashing bugs, but I will get to that later :D) I am just saying that people DO get on here and talk about the kid like he just shot their mother, and they saw it with their own eyes and want him punished for life...Some people act as if they were NEVER 17, and NEVER made a mistake in their life! That bothers me. Yes, we are supposed to all be held accountable for our actions, but, they do not know the details, and are being judgemental as if they do...They are so quick to sentence before knowing whats really going on...Just dont act as if YOU ARE A PERFECT BEING and you have the right to look down on anyone..I have a problem with that....NOW...What bugs are you referring to Ms Lady?? :D..Explain yourself, please!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124