Who makes the Top 4 (19-4A)

Guest A-TOWN

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Well, this one is a couple of years old, but it's pretty much the same conversation.  And guess what...it's not locked.  Feel free to continue the 19-4A discussion here without poetry, momma jokes, sexual innuendo, lewd content...pretty much the same conversation minus anything humorous or entertaining.

So,  I think everyone has pretty much settled on Crosby and Dayton in the first two slots, how does the rest of the district shake out.  The biggest question mark I see is how fast BH can implement a new system.  The only argument I see against Crosby remaining in the top two slots is the fact that they lost a lot of offensively. 

Responses???

[quote name="panamamyers" post="819422" timestamp="1279716905"]
I'm not so sure I would say that.
Dayton has a good team I am sure, but they lost to Crosby last year and nearly got beat by Barbers Hill.
They may win the district, but they are certainly not in a league of their own.
[/quote]

I see this being like the Brenham vs Huntsville game the last 2 years.  If you don't know how that turned out, they came to Brenham and beat us 21-0 in 2008.  In a 2009 we played in Huntsville and returned the favor, 30-14.  I see Dayton winning this year.  That's the only way to get that 28-0 flavor out of there mouths.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="819436" timestamp="1279719086"]
Maybe...
still not in a league of their own though.
[/quote]

You have to understand the East of the Trinity logic behind Dayton's reputation.  See....Nederland and PNG have for years bad mouthed Vidor, Lumberton, and others.  With Vidor and Lumberton doing well in recent past, they then became a power-house district, in their own minds.  Now that Nederland is not very good and PNG is playing an overall weak district (only decent thereself), they tout Dayton as being "in a league of their own" because they spanked them for 2 years. The exact thing is now happening to WOS, who used to trash talk Kirbyville like a step-child.  In all reality WOS has only been an avergae team when they get out of their district, much like Nederland, Central, and PNG.

Now that Dayton is absent of their multiple Div-1 players, they will struggle as well in 20-4A (struggle meaning top 3 spot).  19-4A is a better overall district than 20-4A and will be for several years to come.  20-4A is declining and 19-4A is on an incline (assuming no major UIL mix-ups).

Good thing about it is, for those who watch football more than 1 or 2 years it's fun to speculate and talk our own trash. 

In closing, Central and WOS Suck!   

[quote name="panamamyers" post="819422" timestamp="1279716905"]
Dayton has a good team I am sure, but they lost to Crosby last year and nearly got beat by Barbers Hill.
[/quote]

Our league starts November 12th, maybe we'll see you there.

[quote name="bronco1" post="819459" timestamp="1279722093"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=36281.msg819422#msg819422 date=1279716905]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gotta love that were in the same league...  :D
If we both win our districts, we'll be meeting November 18th or 19th...
Reason being, y'all placed second in your district last year, when we got first and vise versa, the year before that.  If we both finish first, we'll be meeting before the regional final.

Old school it would be Dayton followed by Crosby/King w/N Forrest.But it's new school so Dayton,Crosby and who knows past that.Lot of new coaching w/new teams so we'll have to see how it pans out.When it comes to proven coaching Dayton stands out among all of them without doubt and that's the X(Win) factor.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="819445" timestamp="1279720496"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=36281.msg819436#msg819436 date=1279719086]
Maybe...
still not in a league of their own though.
[/quote]

You have to understand the East of the Trinity logic behind Dayton's reputation.  See....Nederland and PNG have for years bad mouthed Vidor, Lumberton, and others.  With Vidor and Lumberton doing well in recent past, they then became a power-house district, in their own minds.  Now that Nederland is not very good and PNG is playing an overall weak district (only decent thereself), they tout Dayton as being "in a league of their own" because they spanked them for 2 years. The exact thing is now happening to WOS, who used to trash talk Kirbyville like a step-child.  In all reality WOS has only been an avergae team when they get out of their district, much like Nederland, Central, and PNG.

Now that Dayton is absent of their multiple Div-1 players, they will struggle as well in 20-4A (struggle meaning top 3 spot).  19-4A is a better overall district than 20-4A and will be for several years to come.  20-4A is declining and 19-4A is on an incline (assuming no major UIL mix-ups).

Good thing about it is, for those who watch football more than 1 or 2 years it's fun to speculate and talk our own trash. 

In closing, Central and WOS Suck!   

[/quote]Get off Dayton's coat tail and tell me how BH fared againsed anything 20-4a.  Ohh, also tell me what happened when your best BH team faced an average Central team...  :o :o ;D ;D

[quote name="bronco1" post="819459" timestamp="1279722093"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=36281.msg819422#msg819422 date=1279716905]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Since 1994, Lee has made the playoffs 12 times in 5a, Dayton 14 times in 4a.
Lee has more all time wins, a better winning percentage and more state title appearances than Dayton....

But, if you want to talk about history then maybe we should start another thread.

In this....the 2010 football season...Dayton is not in a league of their own.

Question for Dayton how do you plan to beat Crosby if you can't score? Crosby held you to ZERO yes ZERO last year and return 7 from that defense!  IMO Crosby will be on top this year no question about it, but if Dayton is going to make up a 28 point deficit  that they obtained last year against Crosby Green and Dougat is going to have to come back ;D

1.) Crosby
2.) Dayton
3.) BH
4.) GCM

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder