Who makes the Top 4 (19-4A)

Guest A-TOWN

[quote name="panamamyers" post="819514" timestamp="1279733592"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=36281.msg819459#msg819459 date=1279722093]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=36281.msg819422#msg819422 date=1279716905]
I'm not so sure I would say that.
Dayton has a good team I am sure, but they lost to Crosby last year and nearly got beat by Barbers Hill.
They may win the district, but they are certainly not in a league of their own.
[/quote]

Our league starts November 12th, maybe we'll see you there.
[/quote]

Since 1994, Lee has made the playoffs 12 times in 5a, Dayton 14 times in 4a.
Lee has more all time wins, a better winning percentage and more state title appearances than Dayton....

But, if you want to talk about history then maybe we should start another thread.

In this....the 2010 football season...Dayton is not in a league of their own.

[/quote]

We will see who is where in a few weeks, you're right history is just that, history. 2010 will be the year Lee starts hatin on Dayton just like the rest of 19-4A.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BHFAN" post="819518" timestamp="1279734515"]
Question for Dayton how do you plan to beat Crosby if you can't score? Crosby held you to ZERO yes ZERO last year and return 7 from that defense!  IMO Crosby will be on top this year no question about it, but if Dayton is going to make up a 28 point deficit  that they obtained last year against Crosby Green and Dougat is going to have to come back ;D

1.) Crosby
2.) Dayton
3.) BH
4.) GCM
[/quote]

The answer to all your questions is, be the better team. We will just have to score 60 points this year to get our average back up.

[quote name="bronco1" post="819521" timestamp="1279734913"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=36281.msg819518#msg819518 date=1279734515]
Question for Dayton how do you plan to beat Crosby if you can't score? Crosby held you to ZERO yes ZERO last year and return 7 from that defense!  IMO Crosby will be on top this year no question about it, but if Dayton is going to make up a 28 point deficit  that they obtained last year against Crosby Green and Dougat is going to have to come back ;D

1.) Crosby
2.) Dayton
3.) BH
4.) GCM
[/quote]

The answer to all your questions is, be the better team. We will just have to score 60 points this year to get our average back up.
[/quote]

Goodluck with that ;D That majic Bronco dust Stewart hands out must be AWESOME :o

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="819490" timestamp="1279728905"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=36281.msg819445#msg819445 date=1279720496]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=36281.msg819436#msg819436 date=1279719086]
Maybe...
still not in a league of their own though.
[/quote]

You have to understand the East of the Trinity logic behind Dayton's reputation.  See....Nederland and PNG have for years bad mouthed Vidor, Lumberton, and others.  With Vidor and Lumberton doing well in recent past, they then became a power-house district, in their own minds.  Now that Nederland is not very good and PNG is playing an overall weak district (only decent thereself), they tout Dayton as being "in a league of their own" because they spanked them for 2 years. The exact thing is now happening to WOS, who used to trash talk Kirbyville like a step-child.  In all reality WOS has only been an avergae team when they get out of their district, much like Nederland, Central, and PNG.

Now that Dayton is absent of their multiple Div-1 players, they will struggle as well in 20-4A (struggle meaning top 3 spot).  19-4A is a better overall district than 20-4A and will be for several years to come.  20-4A is declining and 19-4A is on an incline (assuming no major UIL mix-ups).

Good thing about it is, for those who watch football more than 1 or 2 years it's fun to speculate and talk our own trash. 

In closing, Central and WOS Suck!   

[/quote]Get off Dayton's coat tail and tell me how BH fared againsed anything 20-4a.  Ohh, also tell me what happened when your best BH team faced an average Central team...  :o :o ;D ;D
[/quote]

I feel like I am touring Babe Zaharias museum every time someone from East of the Trinity makes a post.  What you going to do this year?  That's all that matters right now.  You can't hand with Crosby, BH, or Dayton this year..... If you don't stop living the past we are going to have to get you a nice single-wide in Orange to hang your Hebert High trophy.  ;) ;)       

As for history, 20-4A has never played one of the better BH teams.  BH's most recent "best team" was side-tracked when our QB tore an ACL in a game he should had been pulled 2 quarters before (40 somehtin to nothing). Now, an average BH team darn near beat your mighty kitty-kats who were sporting a lathargic division-1 QB.  As for team speed, well I think the patton boys proved that to be a pipe-dream.  ;D ;D   

[quote name="bh89-2" post="819539" timestamp="1279737035"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=36281.msg819490#msg819490 date=1279728905]
Maybe...
[/quote]

You have to understand the East of the Trinity logic behind Dayton's reputation.  See....Nederland and PNG have for years bad mouthed Vidor, Lumberton, and others.  With Vidor and Lumberton doing well in recent past, they then became a power-house district, in their own minds.  Now that Nederland is not very good and PNG is playing an overall weak district (only decent thereself), they tout Dayton as being "in a league of their own" because they spanked them for 2 years. The exact thing is now happening to WOS, who used to trash talk Kirbyville like a step-child.  In all reality WOS has only been an avergae team when they get out of their district, much like Nederland, Central, and PNG.

Now that Dayton is absent of their multiple Div-1 players, they will struggle as well in 20-4A (struggle meaning top 3 spot).  19-4A is a better overall district than 20-4A and will be for several years to come.  20-4A is declining and 19-4A is on an incline (assuming no major UIL mix-ups).

Good thing about it is, for those who watch football more than 1 or 2 years it's fun to speculate and talk our own trash. 

[/quote]Get off Dayton's coat tail and tell me how BH fared againsed anything 20-4a.  Ohh, also tell me what happened when your best BH team faced an average Central team...  :o :o ;D ;D
[/quote]

I feel like I am touring Babe Zaharias museum every time someone from East of the Trinity makes a post.  What you going to do this year?  That's all that matters right now.  You can't hand with Crosby, BH, or Dayton this year..... If you don't stop living the past we are going to have to get you a nice single-wide in Orange to hang your Hebert High trophy.   ;) ;)       

As for history, 20-4A has never played one of the better BH teams.  BH's most recent "best team" was side-tracked when our QB tore an ACL in a game he should had been pulled 2 quarters before (40 somehtin to nothing). Now, an average BH team darn near beat your mighty kitty-kats who were sporting a lathargic division-1 QB.  As for team speed, well I think the patton boys proved that to be a pipe-dream.   ;D ;D     
[/quote]Ask Crosby what happened last time Central played them.  And if I'm not mistaken, I think Crosby got whipped by PN-G.  And how dare you mention BH in the same breath as Dayton.    Yes, the 2006 BH team was one of your best.  Undefeated and all (playing watered down competition).  Then when they met a real 4a team, you lose... 
Now, you may go back to riding Dayton's coat tail...  ;D ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="819542" timestamp="1279737713"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=36281.msg819539#msg819539 date=1279737035]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=36281.msg819490#msg819490 date=1279728905]
Maybe...
[/quote]

[/quote]

I feel like I am touring Babe Zaharias museum every time someone from East of the Trinity makes a post.  What you going to do this year?  That's all that matters right now.  You can't hand with Crosby, BH, or Dayton this year..... If you don't stop living the past we are going to have to get you a nice single-wide in Orange to hang your Hebert High trophy.   ;) ;)       

As for history, 20-4A has never played one of the better BH teams.  BH's most recent "best team" was side-tracked when our QB tore an ACL in a game he should had been pulled 2 quarters before (40 somehtin to nothing). Now, an average BH team darn near beat your mighty kitty-kats who were sporting a lathargic division-1 QB.  As for team speed, well I think the patton boys proved that to be a pipe-dream.   ;D ;D     
[/quote]Ask Crosby what happened last time Central played them.  And if I'm not mistaken, I think Crosby got whipped by PN-G.  And how dare you mention BH in the same breath as Dayton.    Yes, the 2006 BH team was one of your best.  Undefeated and all (playing watered down competition).   Then when they met a real 4a team, you lose... 
Now, you may go back to riding Dayton's coat tail...  ;D ;D
[/quote]

How could I not mention BH with Dayton, we have the same mail lady???????  ;D ;D ;D

BH's better teams were during 3A times.  We ran or QB like a daily quarter horse so never saw the potential due to injury.  Dayton is nt all that, yall just have "illusions of grandure" as one put it on here.  I can understand why after watching that purple pony beat yall down for 2 years.         

Yeah, you're right.
Lee is going to have a tough row to hoe.

I will know more after I see a few practices.
Lee has some athletes...they are mighty young though.

I will not hate on Dayton. 
Dayton is the team I root for most behind Lee.
I will root for Sterling and GCM now too, as long as they are not playing Lee.

I like Dayton.  I like what they have done in the last 15 years with very little in the name of any football tradition over there.

I just calls em like I sees em.
Dayton is not in a league of their own by any stretch.
They are the team to beat I would venture to guess.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="819549" timestamp="1279738836"]
Panamyers - That Baytown Lee schedule is brutal for the first 8 games, then you got a new rival GC for the last game.  This could be a long season unless they come out with something to prove.   
[/quote]

That will be the cross town rival for years to come. I don't think Lee or Sterling want none of GCM.

Where's Tyrone ???  ;D

So what do yall think about CE King? Do you think there new Coach will turn it around or did Jaquizz (SP) make him a one hit wonder? I think the King just like North Forest have allot of potential with the right coach.

For the naysayers that Dayton's not on a rise you're correct we'll prolly never match the stats the 2008 team had and that was 6,479 yds.of offense and next was King w/3,905.But the 2009 team led the dist. w/over 5,000+ yds.w/2 less games and 6 soph.starters -tops again.Skill positions are set thru 2011 and gunning for a little payback-Broncos unleashed ;)

[quote name="panamamyers" post="819557" timestamp="1279742596"]
Yeah, you're right.
Lee is going to have a tough row to hoe.

I will know more after I see a few practices.
Lee has some athletes...they are mighty young though.

I will not hate on Dayton. 
Dayton is the team I root for most behind Lee.
I will root for Sterling and GCM now too, as long as they are not playing Lee.

I like Dayton.  I like what they have done in the last 15 years with very little in the name of any football tradition over there.

I just calls em like I sees em.
Dayton is not in a league of their own by any stretch.
They are the team to beat I would venture to guess.
[/quote]

Easy Panama...too much poetry and big brother will lock this mutha down.

That did look like I was writing a poem there didn't it. lol

I think you might be correct about GCM.
They are going to keep growing out that side of town.

Sterling never really was any good for whatever reason over the past 20 years.  Lee had relative success.  Have people of Baytown tell it and Olin had Lee up there with Katy and North Shore.  Lee had marginal success for about a good 10 year run there with probably 3 teams that, assuming things broke their way, had a chance to do some damage in the playoffs.  They just never could catch a break when they needed one.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="819561" timestamp="1279745238"]
Where's Tyrone ???  ;D

So what do yall think about CE King? Do you think there new Coach will turn it around or did Jaquizz (SP) make him a one hit wonder? I think the King just like North Forest have allot of potential with the right coach.
[/quote]

Tyrone said he got kicked off for "references to members mother".  Talk about your tightly wound mods.  Whatever.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="819576" timestamp="1279752444"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=36281.msg819561#msg819561 date=1279745238]
Where's Tyrone ???  ;D

[/quote]

Tyrone said he got kicked off for "references to members mother".  Talk about your tightly wound mods.  Whatever.
[/quote]Why, thank you!  8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="819586" timestamp="1279758553"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=36281.msg819576#msg819576 date=1279752444]
Where's Tyrone ???  ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]Why, thank you!   8)
[/quote]

Stay on topic soulja or your banned...oh, wait, I can't kick people off.  Stay on topic soulja or I will tell on you for not staying on topic.  Consequences and repercussions might happen.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="819588" timestamp="1279759528"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=36281.msg819586#msg819586 date=1279758553]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=36281.msg819576#msg819576 date=1279752444]
Where's Tyrone ???  ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stay on topic soulja or your banned...oh, wait, I can't kick people off.  Stay on topic soulja or I will tell on you for not staying on topic.  Consequences and repercussions might happen.
[/quote]Your a funny guy, you know that?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="819589" timestamp="1279759624"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=36281.msg819588#msg819588 date=1279759528]
Where's Tyrone ???  ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad you think so soulja.  I better be quiet, it sounds like I might be next on the list!!! BTW, I've taken vacation for the Dayton vs. Crosby game, i'm looking forward to it.  I've got an extra ticket for you if you want to come sit by me soulja.  Come on football season.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="819590" timestamp="1279760021"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=36281.msg819589#msg819589 date=1279759624]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=36281.msg819588#msg819588 date=1279759528]
Where's Tyrone ???  ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad you think so soulja.  I better be quiet, it sounds like I might be next on the list!!! BTW, I've taken vacation for the Dayton vs. Crosby game, i'm looking forward to it.  I've got an extra ticket for you if you want to come sit by me soulja.  Come on football season.

[/quote]No can do.  I'll probaly be busy with Central, Ozen, or Brook games.  I'll see Dayton or Crosby come playoffs.  Or even if dayton play one of our local teams here in the area...9 times out of 10, I only travel with Central...

[quote name="liltex" post="819612" timestamp="1279767082"]
Come on Coog fans what's up?Dist.champs/reg.semi-finalist and not a word spoken.
[/quote][quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=36281.msg819614#msg819614 date=1279767245]
Very modest bunch, those coog fans...    ::)
[/quote]We do our talking between the white lines. But I will tell 20 4A this, what happened to Nederland last year against The Coogs ? And the year before that we took out yalls so called district champs (Lumberton ). Better luck in 2010. Can't wait ! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124