Daniel Marsh of Hardin should be on the Gamble team

Bottom line is there is NO WAY some 6'2, class 2A post player is going to be chosen for the Gamble team..Its NOT happening..He is probably a good kid, and a pretty decent player and all, but this honor is not for him...move on.

Just wanted to jump in on this real quick, even though this thread is about Marsh from Hardin. 'Dickie V', your statement about says there is no way a 6'2 class 2A post player is going to be chosen for the Gamble team. Question, at 1-inch taller, you have Devin Brey from Kountze(2A); plays in the post; are you saying that as a Junior/Senior in the years to come, he has NO chance to make the "Gamble" team?

Carry on....

People!!!! I keep repeating here! You gotta get out of Southeast Texas and see the other side of the Mississippi River. I just got back from an  All-Southern Elite AAU Tournament and major teams from Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, TN, etc were playing 17u, 16u, 15u, etc. 6'2"???????????? Please! The average post size was 6'8". I repeat..average size.............. ;)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is there is NO WAY some 6'2, class 2A post player is going to be chosen for the Gamble team..Its NOT happening..He is probably a good kid, and a pretty decent player and all, but this honor is not for him...move on.

Just wanted to jump in on this real quick, even though this thread is about Marsh from Hardin. 'Dickie V', your statement about says there is no way a 6'2 class 2A post player is going to be chosen for the Gamble team. Question, at 1-inch taller, you have Devin Brey from Kountze(2A); plays in the post; are you saying that as a Junior/Senior in the years to come, he has NO chance to make the "Gamble" team?

Carry on....

People!!!! I keep repeating here! You gotta get out of Southeast Texas and see the other side of the Mississippi River. I just got back from an  All-Southern Elite AAU Tournament and major teams from Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, TN, etc were playing 17u, 16u, 15u, etc. 6'2"???????????? Please! The average post size was 6'8". I repeat..average size.............. ;)

What is the meaning of this post? I am quite sure most people would know if you take the ELITE players from mutiple states and not just an area the size of Southeast Texas, you're going to get that type of size. I don't think anyone is debating that here. Just what is your point?

McDonald seperated a shoulder during football season and never completely recovered.Against Warren he scored 8 points total,2 in the first game and 6 in the last game.I also watched him a couple of other times during the season and he wasn't his usual self.I don't buy the 2-a argument however.Most of the better 2-a players play aau ball with the big boys and more than hold there own.

Carry on....

What is the meaning of this post? I am quite sure most people would know if you take the ELITE players from mutiple states and not just an area the size of Southeast Texas, you're going to get that type of size. I don't think anyone is debating that here. Just what is your point?

There were some comments on a kid from Hardin who at 6'2" plays the post. Let me explain my comments to you in simple terms. There is a concept called 'King of the Hill" where people remain in a comfort zone and not really compete against the big dogs to see how good their skills really are. Giving props to a kid in a 2-A division (6'2" post) and why he wasn't picked to play in an all-star game are obvious. Totally different level of play.

Guest truthhurts

This is your "explanation" in simple terms?  Where do you come up with this crap?    King of the hill?  What does that mean?  Oh, I get it.  You think because Marsh doesn't play AAU like your kids that he is scared to get out of his "comfort zone".  Typical hogwash post, Dove.

This is your "explanation" in simple terms?  Where do you come up with this crap?     King of the hill?  What does that mean?   Oh, I get it.  You think because Marsh doesn't play AAU like your kids that he is scared to get out of his "comfort zone".  Typical hogwash post, Dove.

No, Marsh may or may not play AAU ball. But my point is that Marsh may be the man at 2A Hardin, but outside of Hardin, obviously he wasn't looked at seriously  by the Gamble camp as a 6'2" post.

Again, too many times we make these kids out to be more than what they are sometimes. Once out of their comfort zones, the truth comes out concerning their real talent.

The real question is Marsh able to play a guard/forward position, and can he play at an all-star level from that position?

I think people are labeling him as a post, but how capable is he at the 2 or 3 position?  Is he just good or is he all-star caliber at the 2 or 3?  I haven't seen the kid play, so I have know idea.

The real question is Marsh able to play a guard/forward position, and can he play at an all-star level from that position?

I think people are labeling him as a post, but how capable is he at the 2 or 3 position?  Is he just good or is he all-star caliber at the 2 or 3?  I haven't seen the kid play, so I have know idea.

And the answer to that question is yes! He played post at Hardin because they had no other posts players. He can play the 2 or 3 because he can dribble, he is quick, and has an excellent medium range jumper along with a good outside shot. This kid can go, regardless of what ya'll say, I would put him up against anyone, AND YES I SAID ANYONE, including the almighty Tramain, anyday of the week. Even after a track meet!!

Guest DickVitale

The game is over with already, and he was not in it...Why are you guys STILL talking about it?...It only causes speculation, then attacking arguments...Maybe in some people's eyes he should have made the team...Maybe not..He didn't...get over it..move on..

Guest DickVitale

Why were certain people allowed to drink in certain water fountains and others weren't? Why were some people forced to sit at the back of the bus? Eat in the back of restaurants? Why were water hoses put on a certain group of people back in the day? WHY? Makes no sense to me either....Could not have been me, I will tell you that... ;)

And the answer to that question is yes! He played post at Hardin because they had no other posts players. He can play the 2 or 3 because he can dribble, he is quick, and has an excellent medium range jumper along with a good outside shot. This kid can go, regardless of what ya'll say, I would put him up against anyone, AND YES I SAID ANYONE, including the almighty Tramain, anyday of the week. Even after a track meet!!

Marsh is a good kid whose natural position would be a small forward.He is a little light to play the 5 and probably didn't handle the ball well enough to be 2 guard.He had a great shot from around 12-15 feet but lacked the consistancy from behind the arc for that to be his specialty so he wouldn't fit the mold of a pure shooter in the 3 hole.The kids that made the Gamble team were picked for a position,most of them anyway,and they played the positions well.Tramain,Jarvis and Shannon more than held there own in the backcourt as did the bigs.Daniel Marsh is a good kid who had a great year, that should be reward enough.I have no doubt he could definitely play receiver at the college level,the kid has great hands and super jumping ability.

If kids were flocking to WB, then certain people on here would have NO problem with it at all...Wonder why? ::)

because west brooke is 5a, and that is what the rules state for magnet schools.  Of course ozen and the powers to be would not stand to see ozen not win easy.

Marsh is a good kid whose natural position would be a small forward.He is a little light to play the 5 and probably didn't handle the ball well enough to be 2 guard.He had a great shot from around 12-15 feet but lacked the consistancy from behind the arc for that to be his specialty so he wouldn't fit the mold of a pure shooter in the 3 hole.The kids that made the Gamble team were picked for a position,most of them anyway,and they played the positions well.Tramain,Jarvis and Shannon more than held there own in the backcourt as did the bigs.Daniel Marsh is a good kid who had a great year, that should be reward enough.I have no doubt he could definitely play receiver at the college level,the kid has great hands and super jumping ability.

He doesnt even fit small forward... there are no 6'2" small forwards in college....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder