*BC vs. Jasper/4-3 BC Wins/Comments*

I loved how you guys stepped up tonight!! How many returning starters did Jasper have from last years team and how many Seniors do they have?? BC is pretty young and you could tell they were a litttle nervous, but they pulled through in the clutch!! Not taking anything away from anyone but IMO the Class of 2009 and 2010 have had the best players come through BC so far, but that's just goin on thier Little League and Pony League days when they nearly reached the PONY World series, but anyways good game tonight celebrate this one tonigth and tomorrow its tiem to get reay for Orangefield!!

Very bold statement and I'm gonna disagree I think Dishon would've caught that ball in centerfield.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job by both clubs. Congrats to the Cards and Coach Bryant on the win. Jasper fans let us know how your catcher is. That kid is going to be a good one. Time to focus on Orangefield.

Go Big Red!

I want my team to win EVERY TIME they take the field, as does everyone here, but NO-ONE wants to see a kid get hurt.  I hope he is OK, and I hope you guys will keep us up to date.

it would be hard to rank any bc class to any other, each has its own signiture win and or player/players, but anyway

these two teams just seem made to play each other based on this season and last, they should play the next one at lamar lol so setx can watch it on a grander stage.

Yeah I guess I just got a little excited there, maybe because one of my relatives plays on this years team.. :D you can't compare teams like that every BC team has been up to par with the best teams of the state for a while now!! And hopephully this year's team goes as far as last years and 2006!!

another great game....Jasper did a great job & so did bridge city...some terrible calls by the umpire...another thing...as soon as the game was over those bridge city kids came over to Jasper's side & acted terrible....Granted Jasper fans can be a little much sometimes but this crossed over the line...those kids came & ran through our bleachers....screaming & yelling in peoples faces...parents, boys, girls...one girl got hit in the face & a little girl got knocked down by some of the guys...I understand they were excited & congrats on the win, we know it was a very close game...but there is a line & it was crossed tonight....i hope they realize what they did because all they are doing is representing the school & the team & making them look bad....i mean to hit a girl in the face & push down little kids...come on...a little more class by the bc fans....good game by both....

Well I didn't see the incident you were talking about, but there were much more students at tonight's game then there has been in the past so it was very crowded and Jasper's fans went on the BC game field last year, so maybe that crossed the mind of some of the BC students tonight, but once again I didn't see this incident, but I'm pretty fond with the kids at the game and I dont think any of them would purposley hit a little girl just for the heck of it, but they shouldn't have went to the Jasper side in the first place they could've celebrated jsut as much sitting on the BC side, but I really doubt any harm to anyone was meant on purpose..Some of them probably just saw a couple of thier fellow students dart onto the other side and decided to follow the crowd and do what they were doing and ended up bumping into a couple of people

another great game....Jasper did a great job & so did bridge city...some terrible calls by the umpire...another thing...as soon as the game was over those bridge city kids came over to Jasper's side & acted terrible....Granted Jasper fans can be a little much sometimes but this crossed over the line...those kids came & ran through our bleachers....screaming & yelling in peoples faces...parents, boys, girls...one girl got hit in the face & a little girl got knocked down by some of the guys...I understand they were excited & congrats on the win, we know it was a very close game...but there is a line & it was crossed tonight....i hope they realize what they did because all they are doing is representing the school & the team & making them look bad....i mean to hit a girl in the face & push down little kids...come on...a little more class by the bc fans....good game by both....

not really respectful when your kids ran the bases after last years game and SLID AT EVERY BAG WHILE WE WERE TRYING TO RAKE AND CLEAN THE FIELD.  but this stuff is between the fans and students,  not the players, so i dont really see it as a big deal.  the players love having passionate students and fans fighting for who can be the loudest and stuff, but when you come onto our field, thats a little much.  and i dont think anyone hurt anyone from jasper on purpose

Why can't you just admit that what the BC fans did last night was wrong. I've admitted on here befor that our kids running the bases last year was wrong. Whether they had bad intentions or not, they could have easily started a fight or worse. There were elderly fans and small children all on the Jasper side. I know for a fact that an older lady did get knocked down. Lets encourage the kids to have fun the right way.

A lot of great posts about this game. Great job Coach Bryant and team.  Ya'll remember later in the season if you lose one or two games that all the posters on here have mentioned how young the team is.

Good to see someone congratulate their coach, when BC wins it's all about how they did in little league, but when they lose this year it will be all on Bryant and they will be calling for his job. Never fails!!!

not really respectful when your kids ran the bases after last years game and SLID AT EVERY BAG WHILE WE WERE TRYING TO RAKE AND CLEAN THE FIELD.  but this stuff is between the fans and students,  not the players, so i dont really see it as a big deal.  the players love having passionate students and fans fighting for who can be the loudest and stuff, but when you come onto our field, thats a little much.  and i dont think anyone hurt anyone from jasper on purpose

Typical response from another classy fan

A lot of great posts about this game. Great job Coach Bryant and team.  Ya'll remember later in the season if you lose one or two games that all the posters on here have mentioned how young the team is.

Good to see someone congratulate their coach, when BC wins it's all about how they did in little league, but when they lose this year it will be all on Bryant and they will be calling for his job. Never fails!!!

This is a game for KIDS!!!.  Knowing Coach B.  who doesn't like individual attention brought to his team...he could care less what people think about him. You are already prediciting him to lose.  Surely Coach B. has thicker skin than the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

Not predicting a loss. However, unless they win state, they will have at least one more loss.  If they lose the state championship game, some will blame Billy.  I know he doesn't care what they say about him but ignorance left unchecked becomes stupidity.

Not predicting a loss. However, unless they win state, they will have at least one more loss.  If they lose the state championship game, some will blame Billy.   I know he doesn't care what they say about him but ignorance left unchecked becomes stupidity.

C'est la vie

Way to go Cards and Coach Bryant!  One win at a time....................gettin' it done!  And Blake Hubbard, you are the man!  Now, focus on OF and put another 1 in the win column!  Also, I thought the support these guys got from the student body was great!  BC needs more of this!  Maybe next time just run around the home stands tho....................saw a Jasper lady grabbing at the boys as they ran by, so just keep it close to the crowd that loves ya!

Way to go Cards and Coach Bryant!  One win at a time....................gettin' it done!  And Blake Hubbard, you are the man!  Now, focus on OF and put another 1 in the win column!  Also, I thought the support these guys got from the student body was great!  BC needs more of this!  Maybe next time just run around the home stands tho....................saw a Jasper lady grabbing at the boys as they ran by, so just keep it close to the crowd that loves ya!

lady: "WHere's yall's state ring at??" : pushes kids:  mad jasper students throw bottles

lady: "WHere's yall's state ring at??" : pushes kids:  mad jasper students throw bottles

Umm, if you weren't on JASPER's side....none of that would have taken place...none of it...bottom line, emotions were high....you should not cross over onto the other teams side....period....its just asking for trouble!!!!

Guest Bulldog

Jasper's title run was like the Rockies World Series run happen once won't happen for a long time. BC has and will continue to make trips to regional Finals and the State Tourney. So That lady with her state ring better hold on to it tight because she won't see another one...........

Withg that said i felt pretty embarrased when thoes students did that run through Jaspers fans, reminded me of HJ fans and thats horrible hope they don't act that immature again really makes BC look bad..............

Congrats to the Cards keep the "W's" commin!

if this did happen with the kids running thorugh the jasper stands....that showed no class what so ever and  were there not any coaches or other admin. there to stop it...that is why the kids do what they do....no disicpline what so ever at bridge city....and i am from bridge city

First things first, people should not tear down the other team because both Bridge City and Jasper have quality teams. Anyway, enough said on that.  In response to the comparison between the 2006 -2007 Jasper Bulldog team and the 2006 - 2007 Colorado Rockies team, there is none.  The Colorado Rockies made it to the show but was able to somehow choke it off.  Unlike the Rockies, the 2007 Jasper Bulldogs made it to the show and left with a State Championship, many awards and I heard of some tournament records.  Now, being a coincidence that both teams made it there at the same time, maybe, but to say that the Bulldogs or the Rockies would never make it back for a long time would be simply foolish because one cannot tell the future.  If there is ANY and I mean ANY comparison to be made, the previous State title run led by Coach Billy Bryant and the Fighting Bridge City Cardinals was short lived in that they too along with the 2006 - 2007 Rockies... Choked it off.  No intention of harm but the truth hurts sometime, I support not any team, but of general love for " Americas Pastime".