How is Vidor looking for the 2008 season ?

In the last 3 or 4 games, Vidor only started 3 seniors.  They looked a lot better in my opinion in those games than they did in the first 6.  I think they started 13 sophs and 6 jrs.  Hopefully we will improve.

that's good thinking, that certainly can't hurt. I hope they can get it turned around. Even though the score was pretty lopsided when we played, I thought they had some good things going at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I as been a long time since I have lived in the area, but if they are still like they used to be, one of their biggest problems used to be that they had good teams in Jr. high but by the time they got to Varsity level they all quit the team.  Don't know what the reason is or was for that because the team is never going to go anywhere if they quit because they don't want to play for Vidor. 

I as been a long time since I have lived in the area, but if they are still like they used to be, one of their biggest problems used to be that they had good teams in Jr. high but by the time they got to Varsity level they all quit the team.  Don't know what the reason is or was for that because the team is never going to go anywhere if they quit because they don't want to play for Vidor. 

It's because there are only 3 sports to play in junior high, so everyone played football. There were ALOT of great players that played in junior high, but played only because it was the only thing offered. So when they got to high school, where their main sports were offered, they went to them. Thats just my opinion, mainly because I went through it, and I for one played football in junior high, then when I got to high school, I went straight soccer, except for my junior and senior year where I kicked for the football team.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year's Jag team was a mixture of both.  We were 'turble, turble,turble' (as Sir Charles would say lol).  That Swinging gate ate our lunch?  Were we watching the same game?  I have to admit.  Yall did get a 6 yard gain the first time yall pulled that play out.  I don't know if you want to call 'eating our lunch'  by doing the play 3 times and not getting the first down.

I think you are talking about a different game in a different year. I did not say that we were successful last year with the gate !! ???

Well anyway the swinging gate is used maybe 2-5 plays per year so thats not even a big concern for me. Its that dang Delaware Wing , Wing T , Rubics cube , single wing , wish bone and bucksweep variation of a playbook that is our offensive scheme which is used in 99.9 % of our play calling that needs to go. I don't care how many looks we give an opposing defense it does not matter if your still running through the same holes over and over. We do not have the power to run straight over another team. I wish we could mix up the plays a bit and try to keep the defense  guessing by using a balanced attack. We did not use the shotgun one time last year  ( even when losing ). Not once!!!! Whats wrong with Vidor throwing the ball a little and doing it on 1st down ( When its not so obvious ) from the shotgun .We don't have to throw it far , just far enough to get past the line of scrimmage so our players can have a chance to make a play . No , we want to line up in a D- wing with 20 people in the box (10 offense & 10 defense ) and try to run through all of them . HAAAAA!!! Go ahead and break out the leather helmets too (1934).  I'm not concerned that.001 % of our offensive plays called from the Swinging Gate formation . 

I don't remember the last time I saw Vidor run a screen play.........etc....etc...etc............................................................

Especially with Teinert's arm coming up this year... That kid has one of the BEST, and STRONGEST arms of anyone I have seen in a long time... If we don't take advantage of that, then something is seriously wrong... And if you don't believe me, try playing dodgeball with the guy... Trust me, you don't want to be on the receiving end of one of his balls being thrown at you, it's not fun, at all  :o :o

I think you are talking about a different game in a different year. I did not say that we were successful last year with the gate !! ???

Well anyway the swinging gate is used maybe 2-5 plays per year so thats not even a big concern for me. Its that dang Delaware Wing , Wing T , Rubics cube , single wing , wish bone and bucksweep variation of a playbook that is our offensive scheme which is used in 99.9 % of our play calling that needs to go. I don't care how many looks we give an opposing defense it does not matter if your still running through the same holes over and over. We do not have the power to run straight over another team. I wish we could mix up the plays a bit and try to keep the defense  guessing by using a balanced attack. We did not use the shotgun one time last year  ( even when losing ). Not once!!!! Whats wrong with Vidor throwing the ball a little and doing it on 1st down ( When its not so obvious ) from the shotgun .We don't have to throw it far , just far enough to get past the line of scrimmage so our players can have a chance to make a play . No , we want to line up in a D- wing with 20 people in the box (10 offense & 10 defense ) and try to run through all of them . HAAAAA!!! Go ahead and break out the leather helmets too (1934).  I'm not concerned that.001 % of our offensive plays called from the Swinging Gate formation . 

I don't remember the last time I saw Vidor run a screen play.........etc....etc...etc............................................................

Especially with Teinert's arm coming up this year... That kid has one of the BEST, and STRONGEST arms of anyone I have seen in a long time... If we don't take advantage of that, then something is seriously wrong... And if you don't believe me, try playing dodgeball with the guy... Trust me, you don't want to be on the receiving end of one of his balls being thrown at you, it's not fun, at all  :o :o

I know that Teinert has an extremely strong arm but I don't beleive that a strong arm is needed to pass the ball effictively. The short passing game can be just as effective as  rushing the ball .  I hope that Teinert gets a chance to set his feet before he throws (shotgun). If we run from the gun occasionlly with quick hit hot routes we could use that as a rushing game , after all the short pass is becoming the NEW rushing attack. We've already been losing for years ! Its time to get aggressive !

What do we have to lose ? A football  game  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

We dont necessarily have the athletes to complement an arm like chris's

with the players that we have we'd be better off trying to win the game on the ground...

the porblem isnt the plays... look at film of liberty hill

its the heart of the players... peoile like you cut down their confidence by calling them losers and questioning the coaches that they honor and respect.

the only thing that needs to change is the attitude of the fans... players down there need to start beleiving and telling them that they're not going to win isnt going to acheive that.

give those boys some confidence instead of breaking it.

we will win once we can play as a team with one common goal and with 100% effort on every single play.

Thats exactly how lumberton started it and they really got going when they had they're fans behind them.

If you dont want the kids to be losers dont set an example as the person who doesnt have any confidence in them whatsoever.

i think that's all... 

I think what he is trying to say, is that it does not matter what we like or dont like.  That is their system. I am sure Vidor's kids look at this site and when they see people knocking what they do it has to hurt their chance's.  In order for any team to be successful, the kids must beleive in the system.  Every coach visits other schools and mimicks their offense or defense.  Why not liberty hill.  Back to Back state titles.  They must be doing something right and by the way they have the same type of atheletes as Vidor.  Just my opinion. 

Attitude/Believing is everything...sooner of later these guys are going to have to n.. up and hit folks in the mouth. Vidor has always been tough, somehow they've got to put that one special year together when they take up for each other on and off the field, in the halls, in the community...24-7.  TRADITION, EXPECTATION, it has to start somewhere, sometime. Maybe this year. We'll see. Bottom line, it's up to the kids AND COACHES to reach down deep and turn that thing around. Just my opinion...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami