21-3A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bridge City lost a lot of talent from last season but Coach Mathews will try to field a team that will be competitive with all the other excellent programs in the district.  She believes in winning with discipline, superior conditioning and an excellent skills training program.  I agree that BC could be in the hunt for a playoff spot, according to how the younger players respond to her system of coaching.  A few younger playmakers emerging or an outside hitter transferring to BC to replace Myers wouldn't hurt.

OF made a good move with the new coach.  Their community is in for better days.

Silsbee will always field a competitive team.

Don't know much about the other teams in the district.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bleed orange

Orangefield fared well in their scrimmage with Nederland, WestBrook and Sabine Pass. Should be a very competitive year for everyone involved.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that HF and Silsbee will be fighting it out for the top spot.

Bridge City is definitely not as strong as last year, but they are proving themselves so far.  They are scrappy, and I can guarantee you that Coach Mathews can instill the kind of "I'm not going to quit" attitude into a team and make them better than what they truly are.

OF seems to be improving still, but I just don't get how all of a sudden they get a new coach and people truly believe they will win this district.  I think she's a great hire and is definitely making great strides...but it just doesn't happen overnight.

If it comes down to OF/BC for third, I think you have to keep in mind that some of those BC girls tasted that long playoff run last year and will be able to handle the pressure.  There's a lot to be said for that.

Either way it'll be a fun battle to the end like always in this district.  Good luck to all involved.

BC has 6 Sophomores and it basically is a matter of how much they can improve prior and during District play.  Don't sell them short just yet.  One team did last year and the BC girls were the ones with a long run in the playoffs.

It will be a competitive year in this District race.

i disagree with the big head.if u ever play sport then u know that if u go into every game knowing that u going to win, and play hard good thing happen,went u work hard and have good players winning come along with it.but wishing that some one get a big head is kinda telling me that u don't fell comfortable with your team competing at a high level.

• 2 weeks later...

i disagree with the big head.if u ever play sport then u know that if u go into every game knowing that u going to win, and play hard good thing happen,went u work hard and have good players winning come along with it.but wishing that some one get a big head is kinda telling me that u don't fell comfortable with your team competing at a high level.

Yep. That's excatly what it is  ::)

i am going with bobcat on this.... usually the hf girls are great athletes. but just as it was a couple of years ago, in basketball, when they made their playoff shirts and then didn't make the playoffs.... that is a case of getting the big head. let's see if it happens in volleyball this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I will go with HF and Silsbee being the top two in district play.  HF has returning letterman and a remarkable group of upcoming potential varsity athletes.  This is a competitive district.  Everyone team should be on their toes at all given times.  Good luck to all. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed