Transfer Of Membership From Texas To Ontario Approved/Wildcatters

KFDM COOP

Transfer Of Membership From Texas To Ontario Approved

Transfer Of Membership From Texas To Ontario Approved.

The Board approved a transfer of the Membership from Beaumont, Texas to Ontario, Calif. for the start of the 2008-09 season.

The Texas Wildcatters will continue to play in Beaumont through the end of the Kelly Cup Playoffs and will then cease operations.

The Ontario Reign will play under new management in the new state-of-the-art Citizens Business Bank Arena, a $130 million multi-purpose facility with 9,736 seats as well as 36 suites, a continuous concourse and a VIP club.

“We are pleased to finally officially welcome Ontario to the ECHL,†said ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna. “This outstanding facility and a terrific market is a great addition to our western geography.â€

Contrary to what has been said, the CHL is NOT lower than the ECHL.

They're both AA hockey leagues.

The main difference is that the ECHL is more of a developmental league, where most players go there as a "stepping stone" to the NHL.

While the CHL does have its fair share of call-ups and assigned players, you will find more veterans and guys that just want to play.

The season that the Wildcatters sat out for Rita (05-06), I attended a LOT of CHL games.

The skill level isn't much different than that of the "E".

Now, would the teams be as good as the current Wildcatters?

I highly doubt it.

This year's Wildcatters are more like a triple-A (AAA) team playing in a double-A (AA) league.

I believe that the CHL would be a better fit.

There are so many other teams in Texas....just imagine the rivalries!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont