21-3a All District

glove4x

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't usually pick it until after everyone is out of the playoffs, I was thinking they would have picked it today, but I could be wrong.

It was picked two weeks ago.  I know there is a coach on here with the list.  A player from another school pm'd me with a few picks....her coach told them two weeks ago. 

Guest tigersvoice

The All District picks where announced at school today. I only know what Orangefield girls made it. Kind of anxious to see the rest.

Let's piece it together.  From Silsbee:  District MVP to Ang Green.  First Team All District:  Brittany Henry and Chelsye Tyler.  Second Team All District:  Mary Moody and Cierra Wilson.  Congratulations to the girls and to all of the other district selections when we can learn who they are.

Guest tigersvoice

KK got Offensive MVP

Allie Beach got Newcomer

Laura Riddick got 1st team

Olivia Wagner & Jessica Weldon got 2nd team.

::) ::) ::)

Congrats to your selections.  Great choices right down the line.

Guest bleed orange

Did they do an Honorable Mention? 

???

They always do but they never publish that information. The only way to find that out is ask the coach. I just hope the picks are not watered down like the 22 4A picks were. They had  28 girls make it not counting honorable mention. That means that atleast 6 teams had every starter picked. I am sure with honorable mention every starter in the district got picked. Times have changed. What happened to 5 first teamers and 5 second teamers. I forgot we are in the "give everyone a ribbon era".

so how many teams had all five starters honored?  I saw one orangefield fan saying he wouldn't be happy unless five OF players made it (which it appears they did), and one silsbee fan said five silsbee players made it.  So where's the honor?  I'm always a big fan of kids getting awards, but to give so many out defeats the purpose.  You're one of the top 6 (or 7 or 8) players at your position in the district... here's an award!  If all the players in the district were sitting on your bench, which five would you start?  There's your 1st-team all-district team.  If a player got hurt at a position, who would you sub in for them?  Presto!  There's your second team all-district.  Are there 9 or 10 girls that don't quite fit into that league, but are still really impressive?  Honorable mention!  It's simple, really.

I gotta agree with Bleed Orange, so far they have 5 from Silsbee,5 from O-field and 2 from BC. No one has posted from HJ yet and they have several that are very deserving.Throw in Kirbyville, Jasper and HF and you are gonna have a pretty good sized list.There are some very good players in this district but not every player on every team is an all district caliber player.Using these guidelines you could make an argument for 6 or 7 kids off the HJ club.

Guest bleed orange

I gotta agree with Bleed Orange, so far they have 5 from Silsbee,5 from O-field and 2 from BC. No one has posted from HJ yet and they have several that are very deserving.Throw in Kirbyville, Jasper and HF and you are gonna have a pretty good sized list.There are some very good players in this district but not every player on every team is an all district caliber player.Using these guidelines you could make an argument for 6 or 7 kids off the HJ club.

Lets wait and see until the list goes public. If it is anything like 22 4A. There will be a discussion on the matter.