BIG SANDY VS SLOCUM @ LUFKIN HUDSON 02/26/08 @ 7.30PM

CATMAN

This is the game i am going to tuesday night, i know there are some good games tuesday but this will be one of the better ones.  Both teams are very fundamentally sound and can shoot the ball well.  Slocum plays hard defense and will be a tough test for BS.  I heard BS's big man is not 100%, which i think is a big factor in this game.  If he was at full strength i think he could do some damage against Slocum, who doesnt have a lot of size.  Like i said in the other thread, this game is a toss up, if either team won i wouldnt be surprised at all.  My friend coaches at Slocum so i know a little about them, they have good classy kids and a good community.  For all those who are throwing out predictions on this thread, (like MWhizzie) i'd like you to mention whether or not you've seen Slocum play this year, because i imagine there are not many on here that have. 

This is the game i am going to tuesday night, i know there are some good games tuesday but this will be one of the better ones.  Both teams are very fundamentally sound and can shoot the ball well.  Slocum plays hard defense and will be a tough test for BS.  I heard BS's big man is not 100%, which i think is a big factor in this game.  If he was at full strength i think he could do some damage against Slocum, who doesnt have a lot of size.  Like i said in the other thread, this game is a toss up, if either team won i wouldnt be surprised at all.  My friend coaches at Slocum so i know a little about them, they have good classy kids and a good community.  For all those who are throwing out predictions on this thread, (like MWhizzie) i'd like you to mention whether or not you've seen Slocum play this year, because i imagine there are not many on here that have. 

All I know is that I talked to court side and he has seen both teams play,(BS 3 times and Slocum 1 time) To him Slocum is pretty good but they are not in the same class as BS.Maybe it was a bad game when he watch Lovelady beat them.So I am going with BS by 10+ ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I think it's tough to judge a team by one game, especially if its a bad game... The game court side watched watched Slocum was their only district loss of the season.  Most of their district wins were margins over 20 pts.  In fact, the other time they played Lovelady they beat them by 20+ pts.  If court side wouldve seen a different game, i think he wouldve had a different impression, like when they beat Brookeland, or when they won at Laneville, or played region 3 favorite Cayuga to the wire.  And to say Slocum isnt in Big Sandy's class is way off.  Go on eastexsports and ask YUGAHOOPS (Cayugas coach) what he thinks and he would laugh at the comment.  By the way, just an observation, but most people are picking Slocum on eastexsports and most people on setxsports are picking Big Sandy, is there any coincidence to that? 

This is the hidden content, please

My prediction is still that we will see a great game tomorrow night!

If Big Sandy is completely healthy they are probably a slight favorite.Slocum will try and control the tempo and they will hit the shots when they get them.I saw both teams and I'll say BS by 6.Slocum played with a very athletic Woodville club and beat them in OT,and Woodville should have been a playoff club in 23aa.I think they beat BS but I'm not sure about that.

BS-60

Slocum-54

I think it's tough to judge a team by one game, especially if its a bad game... The game court side watched watched Slocum was their only district loss of the season.  Most of their district wins were margins over 20 pts.  In fact, the other time they played Lovelady they beat them by 20+ pts.  If court side wouldve seen a different game, i think he wouldve had a different impression, like when they beat Brookeland, or when they won at Laneville, or played region 3 favorite Cayuga to the wire.  And to say Slocum isnt in Big Sandy's class is way off.  Go on eastexsports and ask YUGAHOOPS (Cayugas coach) what he thinks and he would laugh at the comment.  By the way, just an observation, but most people are picking Slocum on eastexsports and most people on setxsports are picking Big Sandy, is there any coincidence to that? 

I agree you are going to see a good game tomorrow night. I still say BS by 12,You talk all your noise on etxsports and get the east guys thumbs

up,SETXsports guys know better, they know what BS is all about.I did see slocum play against lovelady and neither team impressed me very much. Slocum can shoot pretty good as long as no one was in their face.Lovelady played a box and 1 on slocums best shooter and won the game because of that.Trust me BS is going to play much better def. than lovelady.All in all,it's going to be a good game.We will find out tomorrow night. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

If any one really watched the Brookeland/Slocum game and really knew how Brookeland really played they would realize that the didnt play worth Sh!t that game. Going into Halftime with a 20 pt deficit. and eventually lose by 2. Just the day before Brookeland beat Lovelady 102-68. Brookeland played horrible end of story.

Slocum better not let people hype them up to much. Stangs enjoy the rest of the day til game time.

Big Sandy big!!!!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86