BH vs. Central Celebration!

armer33

Almost ran over our boys that collapsed in disbelief.

I like your attitude..you seem to be a good sport. That's hard to find on this board sometimes.  ;)

Thanks.  I realize that Central isnt' the only team in the state.  I know there are other's that are passionate about their teams as well.  BH is no different.

Guest DickVitale

I thought it was classless...Especially for the coaches to be jumping up and down like school girls...The Central kids were just devastated and they were darn near stomping them out!! I know they have NEVER won anything before, but at least "act" like you have been there before... ::)

Sometimes DickieV...True emotion comes out regardless of the situation.  If it hadnt been a last second shot, Im sure the response would have been a little more suttle.  JimmyV didnt hold back when they won it.  If I remember it correctly Bob Knight got carried off the floor after their championships in Indiana.  He was in the middle of the floor laughing and carrying on.

Please, dont get it started with your negativity.  Once again, Im not attacking you.  Just voicing an opinion.

Sometimes DickieV...True emotion comes out regardless of the situation.  If it hadnt been a last second shot, Im sure the response would have been a little more suttle.  JimmyV didnt hold back when they won it.  If I remember it correctly Bob Knight got carried off the floor after their championships in Indiana.  He was in the middle of the floor laughing and carrying on.

Please, dont get it started with your negativity.  Once again, Im not attacking you.  Just voicing an opinion.

I'll agree with you that the kids had a right to celebrate, and I'm positive that if the roles had been reversed, and Central had hit a last second shot, their kids would have going crazy too.  That being said, comparing a first round high school playoff game to winning an NCAA tournament championship is a BIT of a stretch.

So it isn't ok for kids, coaches, and fans to get excited and celebrate.  I have watched the video and all I see is BH getting excited.  Never once on the tape did I see them stepping over Central players.  Heck ,if I hit a last second shot to win a game in the playoffs I would be celebrating too.  I would hope my coaches would show some emotion as well.  I believe Passion was discussed in some earlier post,  I believe it was shown in the celebration.

WOW....Another dead issue...how does this topic get brought up!!! People celebrate in different ways, first 4a playoff win against a quality opponent at the buzzer..Priceless... a reaction, a response, some hugs ,some laughter, some sportsmanship with handshakes afterwards...again it's ...BASKETBALL!!!

Guest DickVitale

Well, after winning the 4A title in 2001, we instructed our guys not to pile on each other on the floor, because we had an award ceremony that had to take place, AND there was a group of guys on that other sideline that were crushed, and we would not rub it in their faces...ACT LIKE YOU BELONG THERE, is what we told them...Yes they clinched their fists and smiled and hugged, but to run on the floor and dog pile?....NO...Discipline, program, class...Thats what that was...What BH did was act like a program that had never won a first round playoff game before..FIRST ROUND...Say what you want, but that was horrible, particularly from the adults.

This issue is old but I want to touch on what another poster said.  Jags have won a first round game before and wouldnt' have celebrated like that.  AT the same time, DV, those young men and those coaches have the right to be happy like that.  As long as they didnt' stumble over our boys, I'm cool!  ;D ;)

I couldn't agree more SOULJA.  I don't think for one minute that what BH did after their win was to show disrespect for Central.  DickyV I will give you your props on your basketball intuition. I am by no means trying to get into a debate on BH and Central or on any other issue.  Those kids/coaches/fans deserve the right to celebrate after a victory like last Tuesday.  The ending will be remember and talked about for years by those who witnessed/participated in the game.  To say a program lacks disciplne and class for celebrating as they did is harsh.  Good luck to both BH and Central next year.............

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami