Nations from Dayton takes name out of hat for Liberty job

texans

I am glad he realized that it is much better being an assistant at Dayton than being a head coach at Liberty.  I want to thank liberty for dragging their feet long enough for Nations to come to his senses and realize purple and white is alot better than black and gold.  Dayton allows you to be successful with the school board, administration, teachers, and parents wanting to have a successful program and doing the things that are nessesary to win.  Dayton does not just talk about what needs to be done but they actually do what needs to be done.

I am glad he realized that it is much better being an assistant at Dayton than being a head coach at Liberty.  I want to thank liberty for dragging their feet long enough for Nations to come to his senses and realize purple and white is alot better than black and gold.  Dayton allows you to be successful with the school board, administration, teachers, and parents wanting to have a successful program and doing the things that are nessesary to win.  Dayton does not just talk about what needs to be done but they actually do what needs to be done.

Ditto--but Liberty just lost a fine candidate.

Have they ever played?

They stopped playing in the 80's.

As far as which program is better????

Liberty couldn't go to the playoffs 12 years in a row even if they are dreaming.

The overall program at Dayton is much better.

From Junior High up Coach Stewart and his staff have made Dayton into one of the premiere programs east of Houston.  Coach Nations is a big part of that and Dayton is lucky to have him stay.

It just so happens that Liberty had a string of 11 years broke in 2005.  That year they were tied for 2nd but sat at home because of points.  2006 they were back in and this year were cut short in the last seconds of 3 ballgames.  Dayton has a fine program, no doubt.  but don't go knocking your neighbor to the east.  Their football program has been just as successful!!

It just so happens that Liberty had a string of 11 years broke in 2005.  That year they were tied for 2nd but sat at home because of points.  2006 they were back in and this year were cut short in the last seconds of 3 ballgames.  Dayton has a fine program, no doubt.  but don't go knocking your neighbor to the east.  Their football program has been just as successful!!

with dayton's coaching staff in tack, the broncos will just keep getting better and better. glad he decided to stay home with the broncos.  ::)

maybe so---I do not know their history---3rd round several times and state semis(Dayton)---if our neighbors have done that then come across the river and lets play a scrimmage for charity--would be a huge draw

o wow just because yall went far in the playoffs means yall are really superior to Liberty now? Liberty has a good program over here, the only thing that was against them this year is the bad luck they had at the end of the game.

my, my, my, i've been waiting for a dayton/liberty comment.  liberty would never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever PLAY DAYTON again in any sport but maybe golf.  the powers that be would never let that happen in a million years!  for some unknown reason in the past the "could of been great athletes" in dayton that couldn't behave ended up in liberty's athletic program where they went south after that.  if liberty could get away from this practice, get better facilities etc. they might be able to attract some good academic and athletic families wanting to move to the area.  but as far as the athletic program is concerned IMO is light years away from being at the top.  BRONCOS VS PANTHERS.......kind of has a nice ring to it like BRONCOS VS EAGLES, both would bring a good crowd.

maybe so---I do not know their history---3rd round several times and state semis(Dayton)---if our neighbors have done that then come across the river and lets play a scrimmage for charity--would be a huge draw

agree agree....

I don't think it is Dayton that doesn't won't to play.

He just realized that being an assistant is better than furthering his career?  He came to his senses?

He may have pulled his name from this job, but its very obvious, he wants to eventually become an athletic director.  Liberty may not be the perfect place for a start at it, but it is a start.  He could have turned things around possibly.

Congrats on being happy, he's not getting to further his career.  I realize HE pulled his name, but he'll try somewhere else eventually.  Good luck to Dayton, and coach Nations, I've heard nothing but good things about you.

with dayton's coaching staff in tack, the broncos will just keep getting better and better. glad he decided to stay home with the broncos.   ::)

LOL, one time in the semis and they are the bell of the ball...  ::)

Liberty playoff record: 10-20-1 2 semi's appearances

Dayton playoff record: 16-19-1 1 semi's appearances

really thats weird i've never heard of liberty going five rounds deep much less 3, lately

Big Dog, you may want to stay out of this fight.  You still have some wounds to lick on from this year.

with dayton's coaching staff in tack, the broncos will just keep getting better and better. glad he decided to stay home with the broncos.   ::)

Why all the hating on Liberty?

That's just the way Liberty and Dayton are.  When Dayton wasn't very good in sports, Liberty would take every stab they could at them.  Now that Dayton is seeing success and Liberty isn't having as much, Dayton is letting them have it.  No love lost there!

Yeah – Liberty and Dayton would be a good draw.  But lets be realistic – Dayton has 3 times the number of students in the High School (1900 +/- to 600 +/-) so to call this a fair and equal game is going a bit far.  Last person is right – Dayton at the moment is at the top of their game and Liberty has had a down year or so Dayton is piling it on – that is their right.

But it was not that many years ago that Dayton was average to bad and went to the playoffs in a “weak†district and lost in the first or second round every year.  What goes round comes round. 

Liberty will be back and then we can talk.

Go Panthers  ;)

Yeah – Liberty and Dayton would be a good draw.  But lets be realistic – Dayton has 3 times the number of students in the High School (1900 +/- to 600 +/-) so to call this a fair and equal game is going a bit far.  Last person is right – Dayton at the moment is at the top of their game and Liberty has had a down year or so Dayton is piling it on – that is their right.

But it was not that many years ago that Dayton was average to bad and went to the playoffs in a “weak†district and lost in the first or second round every year.  What goes round comes round. 

Go Panthers   ;)

I just do not see it--Liberty is boxed in on 3 sides with only one way to grow. They will not experience explosive growth for at least25 years(if ever). You are correct however that it would be a mismatch and an unfair one at that

Big Dog, you may want to stay out of this fight.  You still have some wounds to lick on from this year.

Nope, last year is over.  I'm ready for next year.

Go Panthers   ;)

I just do not see it--Liberty is boxed in on 3 sides with only one way to grow. They will not experience explosive growth for at least25 years(if ever). You are correct however that it would be a mismatch and an unfair one at that

I totally agree.  Who wants to live, other than the family's already there, in a big river basin that floods when the river is up and large quantities of rain are dropped.  Liberty being the county seat used to be the place to live and the place to work but not anymore.  To many of the surrounding cities like Dayton, Hardin, Barbers Hill etc are seeing the growth which is keeping the families on the outskirts.  You can put a ton of Wal-Marts in Liberty but it still won't bring you a good athletic program.  The way I see it the trash talking could be worse.  What about all them years the Vindicator and the Gazette gave all the press to the Panthers and they were horrible and still are.  Well, the way I see it is Dayton has a whole lot of trash talking to make up!

Ok got lost there a sec or two wondering what Wal-Mart has to do with the athletic program.  ;D

I support Liberty all the way – and this is my take.  Until Liberty is willing to invest money, time and support the athletic program will struggle.  Anyone that has any current knowledge of the Liberty area knows that what is provided the athletic program is in a desperate need of repair, replacement and updating.  >:( The only place that will come from is the school board and super.  At this time I do not see that happening.  You reap what you sow – the kids at the school see that the school district is not willing do anything for the program so they are not either (not all – but many).  :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics