Is Liberty Hurting Themselves?

Hammer831

By taking so long for this hiring process I am afraid that we are hurting our chances of getting our top candidate.  It looks like Liberty is in no hurry to get an AD in place and does not really care about the direction we are headed.  I bet it is frustrating to the finalists waiting on a school board that has no sense of urgency.

It seems the board was split and that one of their choices may have a job opening as the AD at their current school, so this may continue with no AD HD

Football Coach in place until the other school decides on their position.  This can't be a positive for the kids at Liberty.  They need someone ASAP to give them the best chance of winning next year.  Keep us posted.

The interviews finished last Thursday.  Why was this job not important enough to meet over the weekend, call the lone finalist to come in on Monday and get the details worked out and then take it before the board on Tuesday?  And maybe the board did this, but from everything I know they are not meeting on this until tonight at the regular school board meeting with no name to hire and still having to pick between the 8 finalist.

The interviews finished last Thursday.  Why was this job not important enough to meet over the weekend, call the lone finalist to come in on Monday and get the details worked out and then take it before the board on Tuesday?  And maybe the board did this, but from everything I know they are not meeting on this until tonight at the regular school board meeting with no name to hire and still having to pick between the 8 finalist.

Hmmm! ??? Does seem a little lackadaisical.

Something's fishy!!  They have known about this change for over a year now and it is taking them this long!  If they wait much longer they'll be into spring football and offseason will be lost.  I hope the current staff is taking care of offseason and making sure things are in good order. 

Something's fishy!!  They have known about this change for over a year now and it is taking them this long!  If they wait much longer they'll be into spring football and offseason will be lost.  I hope the current staff is taking care of offseason and making sure things are in good order. 

I am sure Coach Stewart won't leave the kids hangin. They are workin, I'm sure.

The word I'm getting is they want to de-emphasize football and build the basketball program up. Girls and Boys. Apparently some people have said they put to much emphasis on the fall ball. Without a good football program, everything else doesn't matter here in Texas. Liberty may be in for a few rough years ahead. I hope the new guy knows what he is getting into. We have everything we need over the river here in Dayton. A great Football Coach and staff, and everything else feeds off of that.

I saw and visited with some of the Coaches at the track meet tonight at Anahuac. There is still some very capable men running the offseason program and Liberty will be fine. Better to be safe than sorry and there is a process in place and allow it to run its course. Good luck to the Panthers bc yall have some great kids and parents.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics