who's district champs for 23-a

• 1 month later...

I hear you colmesneilfan, except for the Grovton & Lovelady part.  It will be good to have the old District back together again.  I can't wait till next season gets here.  As far as who wins what, time will only tell.  To all of the kids on here talking smack, I hope you buckle down quit flapping your gums and start hitting the weight room.  Next year is a new season and I hope the best for each team in the District.  Good Luck to all the Coaches and each athlete that competes.  You have to Love 1A Athletes, most play both ways during football season and play every other sport throughout the year.  Ironman Football is the only way to play.  Most kids only get to play half of a game, but you 1A boys get to play every second.  Good Luck to all the Seniors!  Make this year count, cause you will miss it for the rest of your life. 

Good Luck to all, it will be here before you know it!

Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evadale has to be the favorite to win district WH and HD are both way down but i still think that they will be fighting for second and third dont really see anyone else doing much in the district i hope im wrong i would love to see the district get tougher from top to bottom instead of just a three team race like it has been here lately

evadale has to be the favorite to win district WH and HD are both way down but i still think that they will be fighting for second and third dont really see anyone else doing much in the district i hope im wrong i would love to see the district get tougher from top to bottom instead of just a three team race like it has been here lately

Pretty much agree with you wise 1. I believe HD and WH were hit hard by graduation where I hear Evadale only lost a couple. But you never know with kids...I really don't see anyone else making a run for the top three spots. Chester is making big strides, but they had a lot of ground to make up. Like many have said, still early boys!!

Oh, my predictions...

1) Evadale

2) HD

3) WH

4) Chester

5) Burkeville

6) SP

7) HI

8)Colmesneil

I hear you colmesneilfan, except for the Grovton & Lovelady part.  It will be good to have the old District back together again.  I can't wait till next season gets here.  As far as who wins what, time will only tell.  To all of the kids on here talking smack, I hope you buckle down quit flapping your gums and start hitting the weight room.  Next year is a new season and I hope the best for each team in the District.  Good Luck to all the Coaches and each athlete that competes.  You have to Love 1A Athletes, most play both ways during football season and play every other sport throughout the year.  Ironman Football is the only way to play.  Most kids only get to play half of a game, but you 1A boys get to play every second.  Good Luck to all the Seniors!  Make this year count, cause you will miss it for the rest of your life. 

Good Luck to all, it will be here before you know it!

Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Cardinalfan, great post.  I'm already counting the days until August 4......

codyLB34 what makes you think High Island is going to be any better they didn't have anybody that strong in powerlifting, they didn't have anybody do good in track i just don't see how you think they are the 2nd best team in district.

And BUCman you say they "are getting kids from the hall" if they weren't on the team to begin with they can't have much heart and talent will only get you so far 

High Island was well represented in track.  They finished at least 4th or 5th in the district meet and the powerlifters progressed alot from where they were.  I'm not saying that we are gonna be district champs but we will definitely be alot better.  As for getting the kids out of the halls, these are kids that didn't play for the previous coaching staff.  They will only make us better.

Because they have good head coach now. He used to be my offensive coordinator when i was in high school. He knows how to turn it around. They improved some last year but they have alot returning this year and WH and HD will not be as good. Evadale should win the district. I really think they will suprise some people and challenge for a spot.....and i think they'll get one of those spots.

Because they have good head coach now. He used to be my offensive coordinator when i was in high school. He knows how to turn it around. They improved some last year but they have alot returning this year and WH and HD will not be as good. Evadale should win the district. I really think they will suprise some people and challenge for a spot.....and i think they'll get one of those spots.

34, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your HI take, like Chester, I believe they have some ground to make up.  With leadership and heart, anything can happen.  Man, that would rank up there with Lumberton making the playoffs for the first time ever if HI could make a turn-around that quick.  I'm not selling the farm on that one yet, but we'll see.  Hope they do get the kids out and get things headed in the right direction...good luck to all in 23-1A

I believe HD and WH were hit hard by graduation where I hear Evadale only lost a couple. But you never know with kids...I really don't see anyone else making a run for the top three spots. Chester is making big strides, but they had a lot of ground to make up. Like many have said, still early boys!!

To start with good to be back finaly got comp. out of shop they said i was what was wrong with it. NOW FOOTBALL the biggest lost for HD will be franklin smith, anthony walker , and aaron davis. yes HD did lose some speed but as for as starters we have 9 returning deff starters and 6 or 7 off starters back(not sure) and if he keeps his head straight and continues to do good the one and only MR. gilmore moved back. so we will be ok. evadale should be verygood, i think WH will be way down this year hope not perfect season would be HD #1 WH #2. I DONT REALLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SCHOOLS THAT MOVED IN SO IT SHOULD BE FUN. i like people picking us 4th thats where we were picked last year and where did we finish ugh? thats right FIRST

HIGH ISLAND WILL HAVE A MUCH IMPROVED TEAM BUT I DONT KNOW ABOUT BEATING HD OR WH.

you edited this after you got called out by someone.  What made you change your tone?

I agree i love that when i go to the game i get to see the boys that i call mine play a lot and as for as other sports mine high school rodeos as well. thought coop what abot a place for high school rodeo, the state finals are in june that would be hot topic for the summer months maybe there is a lot of kids that rodeo

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont