HJ vs. Silsbee game could be cancelled

hawks77

Guest DickVitale

If there is no contract then there is no repercussion and there is hardly ever a contract in basketball

Not about a contract, it is about game forfeiture...ANY time a game is forfeited, it must be looked into by the UIL...For ANY reason. Minor or major. I LIVED that rule coaching in Dallas.  You probably know about that one too... ;)

Guest tigersvoice

The principal from silsbee called the principal from HJ and said he might not want to play the game because he thinks a riot will break out.

Was this just a hoax?  Can someone in Sour Lake check out hawks77's story and see where he got his information IF THERE WAS ANY INFORMATION?

Guest nostradamus
Quote from: nostradamus on Today at 04:19:23 PM

If there is no contract then there is no repercussion and there is hardly ever a contract in basketball

Not about a contract, it is about game forfeiture...ANY time a game is forfeited, it must be looked into by the UIL...For ANY reason. Minor or major. I LIVED that rule coaching in Dallas.  You probably know about that one too...

That may hold true for a scheduled district game.  However, these issues are handled at the district level.  UIL is the last line of defense for that type of thing.  Non-district games get forfeited/cancelled all the time due to football playoffs.

This is a district playoff.  It is not a scheduled game.  It is a game that was agree upon (non-contractually) by the two team.  Had one team decided that they chose to forfeit/concede the #1 seeding to the other team that would be that and there would be no investigation.  It would not even be reported as a forfeit.  It would be cited by the district executive committee as a concession by one team.  That would be the end of it.

canceling the game would be ridiculous and the people that would want to fight are not going to drive out there just to fight..... i mean i don't understand y they think this because if i remember correctly both games with h-j and silsbee there was NO fight (except for the players at silsbee which wasn't really a fight, just tempers got hot, thats it and no fans were involved).....if there was no conflict at either game i just don't understand how your going to assume there will be a fight and cancel what will be a FABULOUS game.   

Guest bleed orange

I am glad the game is being played and I hope it goes off with no incident. But lets think about it. One comment got everyone thinking. It could happen. I ask the question why? What has our society come too? You can't even go to a high school game without worrying about something happening. Even though the game will be palyed, it will be in the back of everyone's mind.  I don't understand. It will only get worse as the years go bye. What happened to the pure sport of basketball? It has changed and not for the good.

Guest DickVitale

Is that the ONLY thing you could think of? You just keep flipping burgers and I will worry about my career...Better yet, if you know me, come see me and we can discuss how you feel face to face, as men should. I am not hard to find, you know where I am...cowards.

Is that the ONLY thing you could think of? You just keep flipping burgers and I will worry about my career...Better yet, if you know me, come see me and we can discuss how you feel face to face, as men should. I am not hard to find, you know where I am...cowards.

I heard it through the grapevine, that not only is Dickie V one heck of a Basketball GURU, he is one heck of a BOXER!!!  ;D :D

I heard that Mayweather couldnt hold a candle to him.... ;D

Just thought I would point it out... ;D  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest beat-em_deep

I heard it through the grapevine, that not only is Dickie V one heck of a Basketball GURU, he is one heck of a BOXER!!!  ;D :D

I heard that Mayweather couldnt hold a candle to him.... ;D

Just thought I would point it out... ;D   :D :D :D :D :D :D

lol

Guest DickVitale

dude your such a d bag i guarantee i could out coach you any day of the week

Of course you can... ::)..

Of course you can... ::)..

Guest DickVitale

Nope. wrong again...Just ask somebody who actually knows ol Dickie V...Look, boy, I am not going to get on here and play who can be the internet tough guy with you...If you want it with me, I AM EASY TO FIND...Otherwise, just leave it alone..The insults are really juvenile so if you want to handle it like men...come see me.... ;)

Oh I also heard through the grapevine that  Dickie V had a short stint with the Backyard Wrestling Federation (BWF),

He was known by the stage name i believe, "the Dicktator", I heard he once took 5 guys on at a time while he still had time to update new posts on SETXSPORTS.COM. That's just plum rediculous!!! I just thought I would let people know, Dickie V is a man of a million professions, and also  I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.  ;D ;D

IM OUT!!!!>>>>>>>>>> 8)

Is this source "hawk77" even credible enough to be questioning? This game has been set since last week, and I'm sure there will be lots of security on hand at the Montagne for a triple-header.

the school thats good at basketball and thats it, u can keep ur mouth closed i only say what i know

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin