*OF vs. HJ Updates Here/BROADCAST HERE/41-39 HJ WINS/COMMENTS*

No question the officiating was horrendous.  Do I believe that Coach Sutherland gets the benefit of the doubt in certain situations? Yes, I do... do I believe that H-J held the advantage because of this, Yes again.  However, OF missed a lot of free throws as well, even though they didn't have nearly as many opportunities as HJ.  So to say officiating cost the game would be an overstatement.  If OF would have been a little more aggressive when they ran their zone, it might have been a different story.  If OF would have been more aggressive attacking the basket when HJ pressed, it might have been a different story.  If OF would have went at the HJ big man when he had 4 fouls in the 4th, guess what??? Overview is that OF wasn't as aggressive as they should have been and it cost them.  I will say this, if HJ comes close to smelling Austin this year it will be cuz they bought tickets for the tournament. By the same token, OF's program is coming along from top to bottom. Bottom line, Great game to watch!

Tell us what you really think, bobcat4life. :D

:D

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sitting right beside you, did not point to the score board, point to my butt or anything lude like what happened over there.  I enjoyed the game as people should, I thought that the pacifier was a nice touch, had we of hit that last basket you could have used it on the way home.  As for the OF fans, Coach Sutherland himself came by to tell us good job.  All in all, you won,, it is bad when the home team shoots 6 free throws to the visitors 18 and we dont even press.  Great game though, I will be anxious to see how HJ does in the playoffs.  Definitely gotta get something inside because that is definitely not a strength.

the only reason why anyone pointed at their butt last time was because someone kept calling one of our fans something that rhymed with rassrole, and he simply said I'll show you one.

Are we really going to keep talking about last time.  Let it go.  It doesn't matter who started it.  It was a good game last night.  No issues with the fans.  Lots of questioning about the officials and the bobcat players aggressiveness. 

"the officials did not effect the outcome."  Pretty sure they affected the outcome when they blew an out of bounds call on a rebound with under a minute to go.  The bobcats had to foul instead of having a chance to take the lead.

Let me go real slow for you bballgod, I am not BLAMING anyone, and in fact I am virtually certain, without having a clue who you are that I have worked with these kids WAY more than you have to help them get better.  I am very supportive of both the coaching staff and the kids.  However, I do believe they could be more aggressive, if that comment bothers you or in some way says I am not supportive then you might need to go and get the chip removed from your shoulder.  I understand there are some good Dr.'s around to perform the function.

I agree with some of the comments about Ofield not being more aggressive on offense and taking the ball to the basket more.  And i'm willing to concede the fact that that had a little to do with why OF didnt get that many calls at all last night.  But the no calls i'm referring to were about when they were breaking the press and in half court offense being pressured.  Several times an OF player dribbled down the sideline to break the press he had an HJ player with an arm or elbow in his side.  Several passes were altered because of their hands and arms being hit or slapped by an HJ player which was never called.  Zach Hayes dribbles through a lot of presses and pushes the ball a lot and he didnt get any calls last night when he did that against the press.  With the aggressive nature of HJ playing OF at OF, the fouls shouldve easily been favoring OF, but HJ had the foul advantage the whole game.  bobcat4life made a valid point i believe is true, which is Sutherland has an effect on the refs.  They are afraid to call against him.  I've been to a lot of OF boys games and that was hands down the worst officiated home game against them this year, not even close. 

I agree with some of the comments about Ofield not being more aggressive on offense and taking the ball to the basket more.  And i'm willing to concede the fact that that had a little to do with why OF didnt get that many calls at all last night.  But the no calls i'm referring to were about when they were breaking the press and in half court offense being pressured.  Several times an OF player dribbled down the sideline to break the press he had an HJ player with an arm or elbow in his side.  Several passes were altered because of their hands and arms being hit or slapped by an HJ player which was never called.  Zach Hayes dribbles through a lot of presses and pushes the ball a lot and he didnt get any calls last night when he did that against the press.  With the aggressive nature of HJ playing OF at OF, the fouls shouldve easily been favoring OF, but HJ had the foul advantage the whole game.  bobcat4life made a valid point i believe is true, which is Sutherland has an effect on the refs.  They are afraid to call against him.  I've been to a lot of OF boys games and that was hands down the worst officiated home game against them this year, not even close. 

the calls went both ways.....if u woulda watched the game you woulda noticed that but your to biased to your own team to pay attention to their fouls.

Guest bleed orange

Everyone is bias toward their own team. I thought the girls game between HF and OF was poorly officiated. I sat down and watch the tape and realized it was not that bad. Sure they missed some calls but they did on both sides. And none of them had an affect on the game. Officials don't lose games, players and coaches do and mainly the players. Its easy to sit up in the stands and say this and that. If you watch the game film you will see a different story.

While i agree mostly the players and coaches do effect the outcome of the game, you cant deny that referees can have a great outcome on the game also.  If the refs wouldve called the game tighter last night and called more fouls, it wouldve had a great effect on the game.  OF wouldve had more free throw attempts, thus giving them more chances to score.  And also, the more fouls wouldve possibly put some players in foul trouble, causing the coach to substitute players out of the game that he would normally not take out of the game.  And maybe if OF gets in the bonus early in both halves, HJ isnt quite as aggressive on defense or even wouldve changed up the defensive scheme. 

I agree that every fan is at least a little biased, i know even i have some bias.  But i am not a fan who comes home from every game saying the referees screwed us, unlike a lot of fans will do.  Honestly, i can say that i cant remember hardly any games where i thought OF got screwed by the officials.  I think for the most part they have gotten a fair shake, except for last night.  When you are playing in your home gym, you are supposed to get calls, or at least the benefit of the doubt on calls.  Maybe its an unwritten rule or just expected, but i've always thought that was the way it is.  That is part of the point of having home court advantage i think.  Last night we were not given the benefit of many calls at all.  If you couldnt see where we were playing at you would seriously think it was another road game, because last night was definitely not a home game...

Bobcat give me a break..............If you could see it good enough from the stands there would be a area roped off just for the refs, but you can't it looks a lot different when you are out on the court. As far as HJ whinning I'm sure we have some people like yourself that will place blame, but for the most part we understand win we loose it isn't just becuase the refs had it out for us. IF ANY TEAM DOESN'T ADJUST TO THE WAY THE REFS ARE CALLING THEN IT'S THIER OWN FAULT.

by the way didn't you have two shots to win at the end of the game.....but I guess it's still the refs fault.

THIS ONE IS FOR YOU BOBCAT

The Refs agreed that they would call the game fair and square when they ate lunch with the Hawks earlier that day, That was right after Todd hypnotized them with his state championship ring's :o  then he said the key word is TAKE HIS WHISTLE, when they hear that then all calls go in favor of the HAWKS! Then he mixed up a voodoo potion to make the other teams miss shots he had the refs put it in the water cooler for your team. And I didn't see it but I heard he made a voodoo doll of the refs and everytime something happened that he didn't want them to see he would just put his finger over the dolls eyes.

PLEEEEZ GIVE ME A BREAK YOUR TEAM PLAYED GREAT DONT CHEAPEN IT BY SAYING THE GAME WASN'T FAIR

THIS ONE IS FOR BEENINNIKES NOT FOR YOU BOBKAT

Guest bleed orange

While i agree mostly the players and coaches do effect the outcome of the game, you cant deny that referees can have a great outcome on the game also.  If the refs wouldve called the game tighter last night and called more fouls, it wouldve had a great effect on the game.  OF wouldve had more free throw attempts, thus giving them more chances to score.  And also, the more fouls wouldve possibly put some players in foul trouble, causing the coach to substitute players out of the game that he would normally not take out of the game.  And maybe if OF gets in the bonus early in both halves, HJ isnt quite as aggressive on defense or even wouldve changed up the defensive scheme. 

I agree that every fan is at least a little biased, i know even i have some bias.  But i am not a fan who comes home from every game saying the referees screwed us, unlike a lot of fans will do.  Honestly, i can say that i cant remember hardly any games where i thought OF got screwed by the officials.  I think for the most part they have gotten a fair shake, except for last night.  When you are playing in your home gym, you are supposed to get calls, or at least the benefit of the doubt on calls.  Maybe its an unwritten rule or just expected, but i've always thought that was the way it is.  That is part of the point of having home court advantage i think.  Last night we were not given the benefit of many calls at all.  If you couldnt see where we were playing at you would seriously think it was another road game, because last night was definitely not a home game...

I always thought that home court advantage meant the home teams plays better at home. One reason they do because the crowds are larger. What you said about the officials is challenging their character to me. I honestly believe that most officials could careless who the home team is. I am sure there are some who are bias or even racist but most of them are not.

Home field advantage to me alway's meant you were used to your gym and you have the largest crowd cheering you on. Nothing to do with the calls you recieve, each official tries very hard to keep it fair. But I need to talk to Todd and see if we can try the voodoo doll thing, it might work. If it does I'll share the secret potion with you and you will have nothing to complain about.

I was not going to say anything on the refs issue because HJ is such a great team and it is hard to blame losing the game on the refs BUT in a lot of ways and on a lot of plays — the refs sure did not help the Bobcats in any way. The calls in my eyes were very, very one-sided.

If that makes me seem like a whiner in anyones eyes then remember I never once attended OFHS in my life. Yes of course I work closely with the Bobcats and know their coach and players a lot more than HJ's but it is not like I have any ties to OFHS.

It is just a personal and even professional opinion things could have been a little different if OF got a few calls here and there. I am not saying OF would have won but things COULD have been different.

Guest nostradamus

Sheesh......this thread is really unbelievable.

How does that old saying go?

"Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

The Refs agreed that they would call the game fair and square when they ate lunch with the Hawks earlier that day, That was right after Todd hypnotized them with his state championship ring's :o  then he said the key word is TAKE HIS WHISTLE, when they hear that then all calls go in favor of the HAWKS! Then he mixed up a voodoo potion to make the other teams miss shots he had the refs put it in the water cooler for your team. And I didn't see it but I heard he made a voodoo doll of the refs and everytime something happened that he didn't want them to see he would just put his finger over the dolls eyes.

PLEEEEZ GIVE ME A BREAK YOUR TEAM PLAYED GREAT DONT CHEAPEN IT BY SAYING THE GAME WASN'T FAIR

;D If only this really worked.  Too funny!  I had a long day at work and this was just what I needed.  Thanks for the laugh, Poppa!

I was not going to say anything on the refs issue because HJ is such a great team and it is hard to blame losing the game on the refs BUT in a lot of ways and on a lot of plays — the refs sure did not help the Bobcats in any way. The calls in my eyes were very, very one-sided.

If that makes me seem like a whiner in anyones eyes then remember I never once attended OFHS in my life. Yes of course I work closely with the Bobcats and know their coach and players a lot more than HJ's but it is not like I have any ties to OFHS.It is just a personal and even professional opinion things could have been a little different if OF got a few calls here and there. I am not saying OF would have won but things COULD have been different.

haha. that would be like me saying- "sure, i make every hawk game, and sit in the student section, and jump around, and get really loud, and alot of people hate me: BUT I AM NOT a hawk heckler!"

face it. this is dumb. OF thinks they got jipped and SOME of us would too if we lost. thats called being a fan. but this is getting rediculous. move on and look forward to friday.i know i am. i just love Bridge City. ::)

Poppabigstar or whatever your name is, can you read?? I never once said the officials cost us the game. If your gonna call somebody out on a comment then make sure you know who said it. In fact, I am a firm believer that refs almost never cost a team a game.  In fact I placed most of the blame on the fact that we weren't as aggressive as we should have been. You might wanna go back to making dinner bets with bleed.

Well the comment about home field advantage means calls going your way was the absolute dumbest thing I have ever heard.

That was for beeninnikes not you bobkat.

I't's been a long week for me too, I was just trying to get you to lighten up a bit. everyone got a good laugh...that was my purpose

I'm sorry it was at your expense but you should really stop and think before you complain about your team or the refs.

I was not at the boys game so I do not know how it was called but I heard it was the same on both ends.... You need to hang around Bleed more and let him rub off on you.

Actually Poppa, unlike most people who gripe about the refs I have done my fair share of it.  I know how hard it is, especially HS boys games.  I still say that particular game was poorly officiated. Once again I never said I thought the refs cost us the game.  I have known Bleed a long time and consider him to be a good friend, however it is no secret that he is much more politically correct than I am.  Sometimes I think he is running for mayor of OF.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami