**OF vs. HJ/54-47 HJ WINS/COMMENTS**

I will tell you tonights game had the atmospere of a good boys game, The fans on both sides had numbers and were loud. Cheering their teams and hollering at the refs. Good job and keep coming to support these girls. They deserve your support and they play hard. I had some friends come to their first girls game when we played Silsbee and they were back tonight. They are catching the fever and realizing girls got game too. One day the media will hear about the girls games and come see for themselves. Or better yet some of these girls could get a TV degree and make their employees get with the program.

This was a great atmosphere no doubt.  Great crowds on both sides.  The key to this game was the second quarter.  KK Little came out on fire the first quarter, then missed most of the second with an injury.  If she plays the second, the outcome of this game may have been different.  OF just had to many turnovers and missed to many easy shots.  I'm glad OF has some off time.  We have some nagging injuries we need to get over. 

OF and HJ are two of the best teams in Region 3 no doubt about that.  Lets hope we meet up again down the road.

Best of luck to OF, HJ and Silsbee in the playoffs.

Oh yeah, nice talking with you Jdad.

Not only was last nights game a great high school basketball game, it was a show of some very good sportsmanship.  This was a physical, hard fought battle with both teams playing with so much heart.  In spite of the fierce rivalry,both teams displayed great sportsmanship.  I know both of these teams love to beat the other one but, after the game, I witnessed two players, Katelyn Bernsen from Hj and KK Little from Orangefield actually pat each other on the back.  They RESPECT each other.  That says alot.  These are 2 very fine players that have made such a great impact on their respective programs.  We have some of the finest players in the state in this district and one of the finest districts in the state.  Good Luck to all of them in the playoffs!!!

Thanks for the Kind words bleed your not to bad yourself, why no more eating bets, I told you I was about to dry up and blow away....lol. It was a great atmosphere for basketball and both teams got game. I just wish the media would recognize it. Both teams played very hard, congrats to Orangefield on the District Championship, hopefully we will meet again at Regionals. Glad to meet you Bleed I hope your daughter gets better soon, she played a great game last night.

I had the pleasure and I do mean pleasure of officiating the OF/HJ game last night.  I told coach Sims and coach Jost that they should be extremely proud of their junior varsity programs.  Last night I witnessed  two jv teams who were the most fundamentally sound that I have seen in my fifteen years of officiating.  Coach Riddick and Coach Davis deserve special recognition for what they have done with their players.

I have done many play-off games in my tenure as an official, but most of them paled in comparison to the game that was played last night.  Two teams whose young people gave everything they could on the court.  Fans for both teams supported their girls in a manner that should be seen by all people who attend basketball games.

I have called basketball games for Carol Sims for fifteen years. She is a class act and deserves everything she gets.  I wish her the best in the playoffs.

I just met Christ Jost this year.  To be quite honest with you I thought Sondra Ancelot was not replaceable.  I still think she is the finest coach in the area, but Coach Jost has proven to be a class act as well.  I will give you an example.  Last night I "possibly" missed a call that went against OF.  Coach Jost called me over and asked what his player did wrong.  I told him coach I may have just missed it.  He did not do anything but say ok.  A good coach knows when an offical is working hard, and understands that we are human too.

These two schools will always do well because of the quality of the young ladies, as well as the quality of their leadership.  Good Luck and God bless both teams.

Guest bleed orange

Both of us would have saved money by paying the 10 dollars. ;D Let's see, you married a coonass woman and I married a coonass woman. You know what that equals to? Pain and suffering, Just kidding. RICE AND GRAVEY OF COURSE.

Old ref I have been very vocal about some officiating this year in a negative manner ;D But untill I read your post I realized I forgot about the officials in our game. When the refs are in control and your attention is on the players then they did a good job. And instead of yelling I want to say good job.

I always say their are good refs but we seem to remember only the bad ones. So here's my at a boy, good job, you aint all bad, hope to see you again, keep up the good job, and remember it was bobcat05 who was keeping up with the foul count not HJ just incase we meet again. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder