whs has the best tennis team in southeast texas

wut do u mean they r no good? i no ppl from wh that would make andre aggasy cry because they r just that good

obviously you dont even play tennis because if you did you would for sure know how to spell Agassi's name? "agassy"? yeah so dont come on here and say WHS is good cause they aren't  :);) 8)

Guest dogs334

Warren is not the best small school. they have one good player. scott. who really is good but when ur uncles a pro in humble and gives u lessons and stuff and have the money to really play u will surely do good. which is why kelly does so good. but alot of these kids live on the courts. kirbyville is same classification as warren next year and im SURE that if warren drove to kirbyville they would only win maybe that one singles match. they wouldnt even win the number one doubles. if warren has a good TEAM then let them prove it. and whs is NOT good. lmao. that is a joke and the KIDS from there just think its funny too  ;D ;D              8)

• 5 weeks later...

I'll clear it up for you guys... There is a big difference between a "teaching" pro and a "touring" pro.  Most teaching pros are 4.0-5.0 players. There are some exceptions to the rule, but most fall in those levels. Mr. Aranda is a very good coach, but probably a 4.0 tennis player. As for the local "pros", "coaches", etc you can look up ratings on USTA. com. For instance, local ratings of pros and coaches are as follows...

David Wong is an average 4.5 player

Lamar's head men's tennis coach Greg Davis is a low level 4.0 player

Jorge Lopez is a very good 5.0 player

Dean Clower is a high 4.5 low 5.0

Tony Fuselier is a 4.0 player last I checked

Pat Abshire is a 4.5 player

Tony Buagas is a very good 4.5 player

Jeff Herr is probably a 4.0 to low 4.5

Jerry Creamer is a 4.5

Aranda is probably a high 4.0

Russell Grogan is an average 4.5 player

Ron Wesbrooks is a 4.0 player

All these guys are good coaches. I am sure I left someone out. But, there is a big difference between "teaching" pro and "touring" pro. And just cause a guy is really good at tennis, it does not mean he is a good coach and vice versa.

• 10 months later...

This arguing is pointless. >:(

It is almost impossible to rank local tennis teams fairly unless you just had a local team tennis tournament or something like that because there are so many factors that you have to take into account. I mean just because your a super champ doesn't mean that your entire team can cream someone else's. Then you also have to take into account the people that can't afford to play USTA. I know some people who haven't played but maybe one or two USTA tournaments because they can't afford to travel all over the state of Texas so therefore they don't have the "rank" of Champ or Superchamp but I bet they could give them a run for thier money. On top of that there is also a limited number of coaches outside of Beaumont and Houston area that some players can't afford. So in the end it's all about determination. And I didn't read anything about Brentwoods girls team. You can't win with just three good boys, you have to take into account the WHOLE team both boys and girls. Tennis has too much politics and too many "bigheads", whatever happened to people playing for fun. ???

playing for fun thank you i mean i play with my girl friends some times but not much and the reason i said its for losers earlier becuz people always get to wrapped up in it and BIG HEADED over a few game so i agree with wut you say

That you Billy Dean, and are you playing tennis this year?

This arguing is pointless. >:(

It is almost impossible to rank local tennis teams fairly unless you just had a local team tennis tournament or something like that because there are so many factors that you have to take into account. I mean just because your a super champ doesn't mean that your entire team can cream someone else's. Then you also have to take into account the people that can't afford to play USTA. I know some people who haven't played but maybe one or two USTA tournaments because they can't afford to travel all over the state of Texas so therefore they don't have the "rank" of Champ or Superchamp but I bet they could give them a run for thier money. On top of that there is also a limited number of coaches outside of Beaumont and Houston area that some players can't afford. So in the end it's all about determination. And I didn't read anything about Brentwoods girls team. You can't win with just three good boys, you have to take into account the WHOLE team both boys and girls. Tennis has too much politics and too many "bigheads", whatever happened to people playing for fun. ???

Well put baller...just like when you and I get out there and play for fun...even if you can beat me now....i think I can still hold my own with you!  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Warren isnt the only good little school there are lots that havent been heard of yet. Because the are so small.

not because they are so small, its because they are no good. warren has went to regionals the past 10 years and state the past 2 years. and last year tyler word and scott carnley got 2nd in state. if you think that your little school is SO good then play them cause they are probably the best small school team in this area.

I agree with Napolean, Cody Almond and Joseph Uher from Sabine Pass (1A) won state two years ago in doubles, and then the year before that in singles. I know, I know, "that was two years ago," but I'm just letting you know that there is some talent in the smaller schools.

alright Lefty but I think you need a handycap for your age. How about say ....30-love. Just kidding.

I take no gifts of sympathy!  You forget young one that with age comes wisdom  ;)  I promise you I can give you all you want on the court...I will win at any cost!  ;D

alright Lefty but I think you need a handycap for your age. How about say ....30-love. Just kidding.

I take no gifts of sympathy!  You forget young one that with age comes wisdom  ;)  I promise you I can give you all you want on the court...I will win at any cost!   ;D

Just like the owner of my company says at the company golf tournments..."If you ain't cheatin', you cheatin' youself"! lol  Remember that when we play again.

Win at all costs...Ha...well I guess if you ain't cheatin you aint tryin but cheating or not you still have to get the ball over the net. lol

From watching you play that's all that needs to be done!  You will beat yourself, and that young one is all it takes!

Do you remember what almost happend to you the last time you approached the net against me?  You might want to protect that pretty little head of yours!  I'd hate to have to explain that to a certain someone...and you know who that is!  Your "boss"! :D

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn