Your teams biggest rival and what created the rivalry?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laughing stock of 5A football yea ok...considering we have gon 3 games deep into the playoffs two years in a row and only losing to the teams that eventually go to the championship game...yea i guess we are the laughing stock of 5A football

ill leave you with this it is better to be the laughing stock of 5A than being the laughing stock of 4A

How are we the laughing stock of 4a when we took down an undefeated team in BH and ended up losing to the eventuall state champion Lamarque Cougars?  That's nothign to sneeze at.  Yall did go 3 rounds deep, I give yall that, but yall got pounded into dust by Cy-Falls, a team that got slashed by Cedar Hill.  lol

Well, dont' go crying to me or BISD.  If its on the schedule, it's on the schedule.  Dont' get mad because yall the laughing stock of 5a football for playing two 4a teams.  yea, The westfield players realy bussed a gut laughing.  :D :D :D :D 

central has a good team..dont get me wrong

BUT beleiev it or not, there is HUGE difference in the level of play between central and the schools wb plays in district

nobody has laughed at the bruins for several years now, and i dont recall ozen or central ever playing a team like spring westfield, fort bend, KATY, or even humble...so lets leave them out of it because that could be an entirely different thread

Whatever...They have to put the pads on just like we do.  No excuses.  I didnt' see the last westfield/brook game, but I did see the 2005 one, and brook could have won that game.  Too many mistakes.  Just like we could have beaten Lamarque, if we would have made adjustments early on in the game.

I have 2 agree with every1 else on here. Nederland-PNG is always a big game! I have friends that go 2 both schools and the rivalry is very intense, but i always like 2 pull 4 the Bulldogs!

On the other hand West Hardin-Hull Daisetta is a big game around here. The rivalry has been around a long time and it will keep goin 4ever!

• 2 weeks later...

Hamshire and EC is crazy.....hate each other in High school but after graduation become best friends. We were the same way with HJ.....IT GOES DOWN AT "THE CHEEK BOWL"

But back to the EC/HF rivalry....I mean EC has Hamshire Hick Day for cryin' out loud!  I remember at Hamshire we had EC Drug Dealin' Day once!  Leave school and go to Winnie High School..done that before!  Then you got to see them at the Rice Festival, many fights.....

for dayton i guess it would be crosby, it used to be liberty, but we don't play them anymore, we could get a good rivalry going with B.H. but doesn't look like that will happen

its hard to get rivalry going when you change districts every 4 to 6 years, we were in 19-4a with silsbee, jasper, etc. they dropped to 3a, so we got moved to 21-4a with crosby, king, now were back in beaumont in 22-4a

I used to be around Hardin when they played HD and WH. Those were always tough games.  Not sure what the series records are between Hardin and HD, Hardin has only won a few times in the last 20+ years  but I know it is always a very competitive game.  The Hardin/West Hardin series might be a little more equal but it usually is tough game too.

• 3 weeks later...

of course the biggest rivalry in this area is pn-g vs. nederland.  i also think that ned vs. wo-s was becoming a big rivalry too.  hopefully the stangs and bulldogs can find a way to play each other in the future.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder