Your teams biggest rival and what created the rivalry?

Don't call your self a low life tvc184. Take this for what it is. That there mite just be big archrivals here in Southeast Texas that is just as good as Ned/PNG. This is Southeast Texas football, no where in the state do you have a 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A as tough as these. No where. Our 3A class has gone down to the wire in football, volleyball, now girls and boys basketball, and i'm sure in softball and baseball, as well as the rest of the sports. There is some really good football played north of I10 and east of the Nechus River. There really is. Southeast Texas football teams have to beat there brains out just to make the play off. There is no slack week. This is what makes Southeast Texas football so great. This is why there are several archrivals in this area.

Thanks for the tips. I might have to drive outside of the Nederland city limits next season.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that Jasper's biggest rival historically is Silsbee and I believe that the series is pretty close to even and it does go back to the mid-1920's. As for the most intense in the past 20 years, it's probably WO-S. They lead the series by quite a bit, but most of the games have been pretty close.

I would say that Jasper's biggest rival historically is Silsbee and I believe that the series is pretty close to even and it does go back to the mid-1920's. As for the most intense in the past 20 years, it's probably WO-S. They lead the series by quite a bit, but most of the games have been pretty close.

the jasper vs. wos game is always a good one.  i would have to agree that jasper is one of wos biggest rivalries.  even though we are about 70 miles apart, the intensity is very high when these two teams get together. 

Guest EagleFan01

Newton and Kirbyville go way back these two teams are what about 15 miles apart and have been playin since forever. Also Newton and Jasper big game when those two meet up.

when i was going to vidor back in the 60's, our biggest rivalry was nederland. unfortunatly, we never beat them lol. they finally beat them in 1969, a year after i graduated. was some good games though. alot of black and gold on the field. but that's now in the past. now it's dayton and crosby. a good rivalry. hope it continues.  ;D

Besides the obvious MCM game... I think a current rivalry brewing is Nederland/Dayton... Nederland got the better of Dayton in the playoffs a couple of times a few years ago, but Dayton has a great program now and took out Nederland last year and they are obviously tough contenders in 22-4A... I look forward to that game every time we play them...

Guest WBFan09

Port Arthur and West Brook has become a great rivalry game...It is simply because they are the only 5a schools in the area and when you watch the game you can tell the players are always ready to come prove themselves on that Friday...it has become a great game over the past few years and with the talent on both sides of the ball its plain to see

Besides the obvious MCM game... I think a current rivalry brewing is Nederland/Dayton... Nederland got the better of Dayton in the playoffs a couple of times a few years ago, but Dayton has a great program now and took out Nederland last year and they are obviously tough contenders in 22-4A... I look forward to that game every time we play them...

I have to agree.   Crosby is our bigget rival and in the past few years it has gotten more intense......But I can definitly see a rivalry brewing between Ned. and Dayton.

Guest Penny

Ned/Dayton has replaced our old rivalry with WOS... wish it would come back.  But Dayton is a great program and will provide a solid rivalry into the future... just hope realignment don't get us.

Guest ECBucFan

Not technically rivals, but EC & OF have played some incredibly entertaining games the last few years. Lots of contrast in styles. Been some very good games.   

Guest ECBucFan

Oh yeah, thats a given. The Rice Bowl! Great game this year, but wow, a short time later, EC and H-J was "one for the ages"! That had to be game of the year. Can't wait til H-J visits us!   

Guest ECBucFan

I think at one point EC was up by 22, then got VERY tired. Eugene Leday was out with injury, and fresh H-J had a remarkable rally to take the lead. With less than minuite to go, H-J fumbled, then Tremaine hit Brock Williams with a 35 yd pass down to the two. Tremaine scores with 17 Secs. left. H-J despiration pass intercepted. Exhausted EC wins. Unbelievable. 

Central/Brook...They was puttin a whippin on us for a while, till we served a 56-0 shutout.  ;D ;D

can we say idiot?

i was at west brook during the craig stump turnaround, and although central has been doing quite well in their own district, they are quite a ways from west brook. Wb wishes BISD wouldt force them to play ozen and central becuase they dont want their "rivals" to be 4a schools.  Brook gets more from losing to quality 5a schools than spanking area 4a schools

can we say idiot?

i was at west brook during the craig stump turnaround, and although central has been doing quite well in their own district, they are quite a ways from west brook. Wb wishes BISD wouldt force them to play ozen and central becuase they dont want their "rivals" to be 4a schools.  Brook gets more from losing to quality 5a schools than spanking area 4a schools

Well, dont' go crying to me or BISD.  If its on the schedule, it's on the schedule.  Dont' get mad because yall the laughing stock of 5a football for playing two 4a teams.  yea, The westfield players realy bussed a gut laughing.  :D :D :D :D 

Guest WBFan09

laughing stock of 5A football yea ok...considering we have gon 3 games deep into the playoffs two years in a row and only losing to the teams that eventually go to the championship game...yea i guess we are the laughing stock of 5A football

ill leave you with this it is better to be the laughing stock of 5A than being the laughing stock of 4A

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami