Texas/Texas aTm predictions?

Hah, I don't mind.  He seems like a nice guy.  I sure hope the Ags can get past Mizzou tho, their down by a little bit at the half.

Not looking to bad.  ;D

humiliation on a public thread possibly...I mean a guy with a name like bullet corrects me on a thread, not only am I humiliated, but now I'm scared. Not many tougher names than bullet.

i don't know that i did anything that would humiliate the guy, although if it does, he can always remove his post.  as for the name bullets, well, i'm just a big teddy bear :).  there, i fixed it. 

Doctor Samson why even enage or fall into his trap? Bullet is always the hero of his own stories have you not noticed? He is trying to one up Bh89-2 so let him alone. Besides Gig'em is about to win their third in a row.  ;D

You've never been so right.

If UT can't shoot any better than they did against IS, ATM wins this one big.  UT is one of the most over-rated teams in the country.

That's laughable, even from someone who is an Aggie fan. 

Texas is 20-4.  One of those losses came to a team currently ranked in the top 10, and two of the remaining three losses came to teams who were in the top ten at one point, and are still at least in the top 20.  their only loss to a "bad" team was to 13-11 mizzou, and what team doesn't lose to a bad team once in awhile (i.e. A&M's loss to Tech)?  Of their 20 wins, 3 have come against teams currently in the top 6 of the nation, #3 Kansas, #6 UCLA, and a solid thumping of current #4 Tennessee.  They also beat St. Mary's by 19 points, who is currently ranked 21st in the coaches poll.  So a 20-4 record,3 top-ten wins, another top-25 win, and only one loss to an unranked team, and you say they're overrated.  Let's disect A&M's record and ranking.

Keep in mind, I have enough sense to know that the aggies are a very good team, and are in fact not overrated, but I'm going to crunch these numbers for you anyway.

A&M's record is identical to the longhorns, however, they have: one win against a team currently in the top-25 (and that team is apparently overrated).  of their 4 losses, only one is against a team that is currently in the top-25, k-state, and only one team in the top 25 has more losses than k-state. 

you take two teams who have identical records, but one has beaten better teams, and their losses have also come to better teams.  how do you justify the statement that the team who has played the more difficult schedule, and won against better clubs is the overrated team out of the two.  Now, I'm not saying that the aggies are overrated.  I think they have top 10 talent, and without a little hiccup at the start of conference, there's no doubt that they'd still be in the top 10.  i also like their odds of ending the season in the top 10.  Just don't let your dislike for the horns blind you to the fact that they're a damn good team, and take more into account than their mascot before deciding you think they're overrated. 

If UT can't shoot any better than they did against IS, ATM wins this one big.  UT is one of the most over-rated teams in the country.

Behind Kansas

I'll agree with you that kansas is overrated.  They've certainly got top-5 talent, but they've played a weak schedule, and now that they're getting some tougher opponents in conference, they've had two losses in a pretty short timespan.  I still think they are capable of a deep run into the tourney, but that doesn't mean they aren't a bit overrated.

Texas is not overrated and they will win games down the road. The only thing that really hurts them is not having a good selection of big men. Augustin and abrams are amongst some of the best in what they do. When the horns came to CS the ags were able to play their game. We were in reed and their performance was top notch, which is exactly what i expect to see texas do when we go to austin..............but we'll win ofcourse ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba