Voting Update

Guest abovetherim

Ha-ha, those are some funny comments. Now regarding the student vote so far. I'm confident about the student turnout today. I voted but I'm making sure my two nephews vote too. I'm at their apartment now and we'll head to the dinning hall in a few minutes. I talked to a few friends and even our AD and all indications are things are going well.

I'll be back on campus tomorrow early even though I don't have a class until 2:00. I'm making sure everyone I know who is a student votes. They might not all vote yes but the majority will.

I guess the only way to be 100% sure of the outcome is waiting for Kerry to post a video of the KFDM broadcast Wednesday or Thursday.  ;D

I am in favor of bringing football back to Lamar, but then I do not have any kids that are students there. However, I do have a son that is teaching there and he said that from what he is hearing is that the students in his classes are mostly against the return. But that is just a small part of the student body. I hope it returns. By the way, my son would like it to return.

Guest abovetherim

It could very well be close. But, I have a class with 3 Lamar basketball players. I also saw D-Hop in the Setzer Center and congraduated him on POW honors. None of those guys voted today while I was on campus. I think there will be a rally of all the coaches and athletes at Lamar to see it pass. That is a lot of votes from people who have nothing to lose by voting for the referendum. The majority of athletes except maybe baseball players are on full scholarship so they won't see a difference.

In a way I'm glad there is some negative talk tonight so Lamar's SGA members as well as the administrators at Lamar don't think the job is finished yet and end up losing the vote in the 11th hour.

Believe me, they are aware of this site and others and will monitor the situation.

I really hope this passes. I just graduated and cannot vote. If I was able I would vote for it. All those people who say we should raise tuition for improvements are missing the big picture. They need to understand that by the increase in students will give Lamar more money and would be able to make these improvements more quickly. Also how can we compete with the major Universities if we do not have all of the quality of life things that they have.

Guest abovetherim

I really hope this passes. I just graduated and cannot vote. If I was able I would vote for it. All those people who say we should raise tuition for improvements are missing the big picture. They need to understand that by the increase in students will give Lamar more money and would be able to make these improvements more quickly. Also how can we compete with the major Universities if we do not have all of the quality of life things that they have.

LUFAN, you are exactly right. The vast majority of people not voting for it fall into one of two groups. 1. They just don't care about sports. They don't support any athletic team Lamar currently fields so why would they support football? 2. They just aren't educated on the facts. How can you know of the items already approved by the TSUS which coachacola was kind enough to post and not realize there is a lot more money going for academics than there is for athletics? It isn't even close.

Guest abovetherim

Just left the Setzer Center and IMO there wasn't as many people voting today as there were yesterday. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing but I did get a few guys to vote for the referendum. I have a class a 2:00 so I'll be headed back to Lamar in a few minutes. Honestly, I'm getting a little nervous but I'll live with what the majority decide. Hopefully, there is enough for a majority but from what I've seen and people I've talked to it will not be a landslide either way.

I hope it happens but will people here support it?? Will people go out on a Saturday afternoon and watch? Things to think about.

I honestly think that there would great local support... And just imagine all of the athletes that were great football players in high school, that didn't get noticed or just gave up, this would give them another chance... Especially with the plethra of talent we have here in SETX... IMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami