Lumberton's new Head Coach!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If things pan out as expected Alvin Creduer will be offically named the new Head Coach at Lumberton at the next school board meeting. The folks like him alot there and is undefeated at Lumberton as a JV Coach.

A lot of difference between JV and Varsity FB. Most schools pick their kids from all squads including JV and put the best players on the fields. To judge a secondary or JV squads performance is not the best for the varsity program. Now all that being said, if he continues to motivate and can adapt to the injuries and intensity that VArsity FB gives you, then maybe after his 3rd year or so we can see how this guy will work out. My guess is that until you match up on Friday night and go to the playoffs lets say....just once, then you can be considered a taleneted coach.

IMO....I think he was within the system and was cheap ($) for a program that is perhaps the worse in SETX.

There is talent in Lumberton. The school continues to grow' date=' in fact the new numbers they turned was quite an increase. I think in a couple of Years they'll be alot better.[/quote']

I hope you are right. They indeed have some big kids and should have some talent. I have seen these kids play baseball and some Pop Warner and they could be much better than they are. Time will tell.

Guest GoStangs

Well, we saw what happened in one year when Ozen promoted a sub-varsity coach to varsity... :)

Lumberton is what Nederland was in the 80s and early 90s, and can be what they are now -- all it takes is one good coach to get things going in the right direction. Having the players' respect goes a long way in turning things around. Without confidence in their leader, no program can achieve success. It goes without saying that if the players support him as a head coach and if he has some coaching ability, he's got the potential to get things going in the right way.

The Raiders have improved significantly by naming Credeur coach. He has moved up each year with the class of '08 starting in 7th grade. Between 7th, 8th, 9th and JV the teams were 35-1 or maybe 2. The kids love him and he runs a VERY disciplined team. My son played on the 7th-9th grade teams for him and was QB on varisty last year as a sophomore. Although he doesn't know if he will be QB next year, he is looking forward to playing for Coach Credeur and starting a winning tradition at Lumberton.

I assure you one thing! The Raiders are going to win some games next year.

Go RAIDERS!!

The Raiders have improved significantly by naming Credeur coach. He has moved up each year with the class of '08 starting in 7th grade. Between 7th' date=' 8th, 9th and JV the teams were 35-1 or maybe 2. The kids love him and he runs a VERY disciplined team. My son played on the 7th-9th grade teams for him and was QB on varisty last year as a sophomore. Although he doesn't know if he will be QB next year, he is looking forward to playing for Coach Credeur and starting a winning tradition at Lumberton.

I assure you one thing! The Raiders are going to win some games next year.

Go RAIDERS!![/quote'] Hopefully they'll turn things around.

This is a good hire. Coach C won alot of games with Coach Eskue at Kelly as his OC. He is a heck of a Coach and I am glad that Lumberton is making a move that rewards someone inside the program for hardwork. I would like to see oh Chuck Willams (of Kelly fame) come out and coach again!

• 3 months later...

Im one of the proud fathers of the 7-10th grade that Coach Credeur has formed into a winning machine. These kids have more heart that any group ive ever seen. Since I graduated Lumberton in 1971, I have seen a lot!!. Its true that JV does not equal varsity level, but lets give them all a chance and see what happens. Just for the record, because ive been in the middle of it, the outgoing AD and head coach took 6 of Credeur's best players off the undefeated team and moved them to help his 0-8 slate last year. Credeur STILL went undefeated...........Go Raiders!

Im one of the proud fathers of the 7-10th grade that Coach Credeur has formed into a winning machine. These kids have more heart that any group ive ever seen. Since I graduated Lumberton in 1971' date=' I have seen a lot!!. Its true that JV does not equal varsity level, but lets give them all a chance and see what happens. Just for the record, because ive been in the middle of it, the outgoing AD and head coach took 6 of Credeur's best players off the undefeated team and moved them to help his 0-8 slate last year. Credeur STILL went undefeated...........Go Raiders![/quote']

I would love to see Ltown have a good season but just cant see it...... If the JV was so good then those kids would have been on the Varsity! You coach to win at the Varsity level not the JV. Teams that have a great JV and a bad Varsity dont make much sense...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed