Thoughts On District 21 3A This Year?

Guest Orangeboy

Yep 2 district losses. It is too competitive, and I don't see anyone being good enough to run the table or just to be there with 1 loss.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure what jasper has returning, but is the kid that had a hurt elbow last year back or did he graduate?? if he is still in school, they will be a tough team however, i know that silsbee has schooling returning and from what ive heard a "stud" lefty, and bc has stringer and another good pitcher returning (cant remember his name but i believe it is stringer's step brother) so i see silsbee and bc fighting it out and if jasper returns its pitchers, i see a three way battle for first.

but you know, with as big as this district is and all the talent in it i think everyone has a chance, i wouldnt count anyone out until they begin district because remember no matter how bad a teams pre-district record is, when district rolls around, it's a whole new ball game

well there you go

BC Silsbee Jasper

Silsbee Jasper BC

Jasper BC Silsbee

clear as lakewater :P

question: how clear is lakewater? because sam rayburn isnt very clear, it leaves a brown stain on my boat. do you mean clear as creekwater maybe? because all of the creek water ive seen looks like tap water

why is everyone counting wos out?? i dont understand everyone says they sucked last year and blah blah but as you all may not know wos had about 3 chances to get in the playoffs last year and they beat silsbee once kirbyville 3 times barbers hill once and almost beat jasper so yall need to watch out for them with the new coach and all that because they got 2 good pitchers that will carry them and 1 is just a sophomore

Should be a district to rival the 4A, Mustangmom2007, if they win 5 games this year it will be overachieving.

1. Silsbee- Best Pitching in the District and a solid lineup.

2. Jasper- Only if the lefty can go, because he will face BC both times. They also have a solid lineup and great coaching.

3. Bridge City- Lost some strong players but still have Stringer and Meeks, Jackson will need someone very good behind him in the lineup or he will never see a good pitch. Look out for a Freshman!!! should start at SS.

4. HF- Landry can coach with anyone in the area and has that team climbing

5. Kirbyville- not sure how good the pitching will be.

6. HJ- Again lost a strong protion of lineup

7. Orangefield- some good underclassman coming in

8. WOS- Will take the new coach a year or two to get the other good ball players to show up on the diamond.

1. Bridge City

2. Silsbee

3. Jasper

4. Hamshire-Fannett

5. Hardin-Jefferson

6. Kirbyville

7. WO-S

8. Orangefield

:shock: Thanks for the support Bobcatfan4Life

Realistically predicting the standings and supporting your team are two totally different things. You've got to look at talent, history, and depth. Orangefield has some talent, but no depth, and their history in the last few years only included one good run. I'm sure Bobcatfan4life would like nothing better than to see Orangefield shock everyone and place higher, and will root for them every game, as all Bobcat fans will.

Exactly plus the coaching change doesn't help either. I'm not saying the new coach wont do a good job but sometimes it's hard on a team when they go through a coaching change. I hope OF wins the district, but I also know this is one of the toughest if not the toughest baseball district in the state.

In a nutshell BC has 4 players worth speaking of last time i checked u need 9 players for a team..i dont see bc even making a district title run

Well, I am not sure which 4 you mean (as opposed to who you are excluding) but the core of returning players at BC are very talented. Like most teams, they have some holes to fill due to graduation. With that being said, they have 2 good pitchers returning in Stringer and Meeks. Dishon will return in CF, Jackson behind the plate and Bolton (Newcomer of the Year) in the infield. They will (obviously) miss Angelle and Haymon on the mound, as well as Coleman and Sparks in their lineup.

Will they be as good as last year's team....maybe (probably?) not. But they will still be very good and will make the playoffs, with the District Championship being between them and Silsbee. Jasper should take the 3rd spot, and may compete for a higher spot. There is a lot of talent up there as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder