Class 4A All-State/Hussey 1st Team; Johnson Defensive Player of Year

Gabe

Dayton had the #1 scoring defense in the state for class 4A.  Congrats to Mr. Hussey, quite a snub for AJ though.  He was the 2nd best player I saw this year behind that Jaquizz kid from Lamar (reminds me of Dante Hall with Barry Sanders moves).  Can't believe the Gilbert wasn't the all state QB though...almost 5000 yards, c'mon now writers.

I agree.  Man i've been to a thousand high school football games and have seen lots of kids play but you know how you can tell when there are some that are on the next level.  Yeah, that Gilbert kid will be playing on Sundays in the near future.  I hear that HP QB is something special as well.  Anyone got any info on the HP QB?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may explain why some of you feel like he didn't perfrom well

When he reflected back on an outstanding 77-tackle campaign, even Johnson admitted at the Super Team gathering that he could have delivered an even stronger senior season than he did.

“I had a partially separated shoulder in the Ozen game (at Lamar University) and I played the last four games but I played hurt,†he said. “I tried to be dominant on my side.

“I think I could have had a better year but I still was able to keep my side in shape.â€

I did not think that the forum rules allowed for any type of negative discussion about players. I have opinions about all this too and pretty strong ones. But I thought that comments that are negative in any way regarding specific players were out of bounds regardless of whether they are true or not.

I would think you could make an arguement FOR a kids selection or FOR an oversight, but to publicly put them down and say they don't deserve it... ???

I did not think I was on the smackattack board here.

Nothing against Johnson, I think he is a great player, but there's no way this guy should be defensive player of the year. There are too many players out there who had better years. Johnson didn't even make 1st team all district. It's not a knock on Dravantti's abilty, I believe he'll go on to be a good college player, but you just can't deny others with tremendous year's those kind of accolades. I have lost all respect for the AP voters, they are clueless.

If he didn't make All-District, perhaps there is a flaw in that list and how it is voted on.  Just a thought.  And, many of the posts on this thread do seem to "knock" Dravantti's ability.  JMO ???

If he didn't make All-District, perhaps there is a flaw in that list and how it is voted on.  Just a thought.  And, many of the posts on this thread do seem to "knock" Dravantti's ability.  JMO ???

i too realize there are ALOT of people that knock him, he accomplished so much but yet so many wanan bring him down, makes no sense, doesn't mean anything anyway, he'll make his own strides and we'll just be here again talking about how his collegiate career

Sporting news people have been making mistakes forever,so have fans & their fav picks.Coaches are the best talent evalueators[mp]they look at film all the time.I can only tell my opinion as well as yours.I will go on record to say "THE [HATER}AWARD OF THE YEAR- THE BEAUMONT ENTERPRIZE NEWSPAPER

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83