Lamar ranks

UNLV

Guest coachacola

RPI doesn't mean much this time of year.  It's only important at the end of the year.  There haven't been enough games played for the RPI to be that accurate.

This is exactly what I expected.  Impatient Lamar Fans!!!!!!!!!!! What a shocker!! Here is the bottom line.  We have fired 80% of our coaches too quickly.  We see how Mike Deane has been able to start off in his 5th year at Wagner and his team is good and they are winning. Will they continue .................who knows.  Bottom line is Lamar hired Steve Roccaforte to BUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD a program and that is what he is doing.  He is setting a tone with his players and this is his SECOND year for God sakes.  Lets give this guy a minimum of 5 years please.  Our other ventures have not worked.  This guy can recruit and coach and he is a local product.  Lets support him and give him time.  No business becomes SUCCESFUL in 1 year but it can in five.  Lets invest time and patience in to Steve Roccaforte and maybe the last 20 years will be erased!

This is exactly what I expected.  Impatient Lamar Fans!!!!!!!!!!! What a shocker!! Here is the bottom line.  We have fired 80% of our coaches too quickly.  We see how Mike Deane has been able to start off in his 5th year at Wagner and his team is good and they are winning. Will they continue .................who knows.  Bottom line is Lamar hired Steve Roccaforte to BUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD a program and that is what he is doing.  He is setting a tone with his players and this is his SECOND year for God sakes.  Lets give this guy a minimum of 5 years please.  Our other ventures have not worked.  This guy can recruit and coach and he is a local product.  Lets support him and give him time.  No business becomes SUCCESFUL in 1 year but it can in five.  Lets invest time and patience in to Steve Roccaforte and maybe the last 20 years will be erased!

Ok then...312 sounds good.  Maybe after year 5 he'll have us all the way up to 301!!!!  Programs are supposed to make PROGRESS each year not go in reverse.

As far as Mike Deane is concerned...he made Bobby Knight look tame.  Also, his coaching was exciting as watching paint dry.  He could go 30-0 and we'd still only draw 2,500 because that's the only people that would be able to stand all the hollering and cussing and yanking of players every 30 seconds.

Guest abovetherim

Not to upset any other posters but I agree with you on this topic.

Guest coachacola

I agree with spinks on this one too.  It's way too early to say that the program is going in reverse with Coach Roc.  They've only played 9 games so far, That 312 ranking is bogus, how about a link to the website so we know which arbitrary computer ranking that is.

Lamar has the same record through nine games as last year, with wins over St. Gregory, Texas Southern and a bad La Tech team.  I thought this year the team would start off hot due to Dawkins joining DHop in the backcourt, with Brown and Nabors upfront, and a healthy Barrow.  I don't think anyone was expecting both Sanders and Dhop to get worse, or Brown not being a much of a factor.

But I will say this, I expect big wins over Rice and Utah Valley State.  Time is running out for this team to come together.  If this team ends up with around 12 wins at the end of the year and a 300 RPI, then it'll be time to start asking questions.

Guest abovetherim

I would hope the administration give the man at least years. It's not like Lamar was a national power yesterday. Many years they haven't even been competitive in the SLC. The head coach needs and deserves more than 2 years!

At least years? How many years are you talking about SD?

Guest coachacola

The Pomeroy rank is more accurate than the RPI this time of year.  LU jumped from 275 to 236 with this win.  They are also now 19 point underdogs to Tech instead of 29.  LU will jump even higher with a close game with Tech, even if they lose.  If LU can keep making progress then they'll be in the thick of things in the SLC.

I think if we can get a better rotation going I think that we will be ok. We get tired in the 2nd half and play crappy, but if we can get some decent bench play we wouldn't have that big lul. Barrow, Todd, Dhop, and Worrell must get going if we are going to start winning any games. I was so ticked off when we almost blew that lead. All that I could think was PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OFF YOUR A$$ and start playing some basketball like the 1st half.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami