7-5 DALLAS CARTER vs. 9-3 Pflugerville

CLASS 4A DIVISION 2

6-6 LUBBOCK ESTACADO vs. 11-1 WF Rider

CLASS 3A DIVISON 2

6-6 WIMBERLY vs. 10-2 Cuero

CLASS A DIVISION 2

5-6 WINDTHORST vs. 9-2 Goldthwaite

5-6 GRAPELAND vs. 9-3 Tenaha

one of the most dissapointing things in missing the playoffs last year was that we were 6-4 in maybe the toughest district in the state and we watched liberty waltz on in w/ a 3-7 record....rediculous

Ok don't blame us for putting yall in that hard district. We had a ok season last year. Yeah we lost to BC, HF, and Kirbyville but they came together when it was district time. Even though West Orange Stark beat us in the playoffs 60-0. And don't say Liberty waltz in...we were the 3rd place team

Anyways let me give you a little history. In 2004 we started of 0-5 and then when district came we went 4-1 and were district champs only lost was to Cleveland who upseted us. thats when we had Barbers Hill, Cleveland, Huffman, Splendora, and Tarkington....then we beat Hardin Jefferson in the Bi-District round of the playoffs, then went on to lose to the eventual State runner-up Jasper. Oh yeah that same year Huffman beat West Orange Stark in the Astrodome, Liberty beat HJ, and Barbers Hill beat yall (Bridge City) :o :o :o...

I like it.  You give the underdogs a chance to prove they deserve to be there.  It's unfortunate that some districts have 8 teams as some only have 6 (thus improving their chances) but that's the way it is.  In the case of the playoff teams COOP listed above, every week they win they prove they deserved the chance.

.500 or worse teams entering playoffs AND still in playoffs

CLASS 5A DIVISION 1

6-6 LAJOYA vs. 8-4 Converse Judson

CLASS 5A DIVISION 2

7-5 DALLAS CARTER vs. 9-3 Pflugerville

CLASS 4A DIVISION 2

6-6 LUBBOCK ESTACADO vs. 11-1 WF Rider

CLASS 3A DIVISON 2

6-6 WIMBERLY vs. 10-2 Cuero

CLASS A DIVISION 2

5-6 WINDTHORST vs. 9-2 Goldthwaite

5-6 GRAPELAND vs. 9-3 Tenaha

I'm surprised Carter finished 5-5 but they play a brutal non-district schedual and finally Skyline beat them is district for the first time in a while if ever

one of the most dissapointing things in missing the playoffs last year was that we were 6-4 in maybe the toughest district in the state and we watched liberty waltz on in w/ a 3-7 record....rediculous

I don't care what you people say DISTRICT 21-AAA NEEDS TO BE SPLIT UP NEXT YEAR.. in 21-AAA there's too many good teams missing out in the Playoffs. if 22-AAA would've won a game vs 21-AAA in the playoffs this year I would give them some credit...

I don't care what you people say DISTRICT 21-AAA NEEDS TO BE SPLIT UP NEXT YEAR.. in 21-AAA there's too many good teams missing out in the Playoffs. if 22-AAA would've won a game vs 21-AAA in the playoffs this year I would give them some credit...

I don't know about that... it was pretty polarized, with a few really good teams and a few really bad teams.  there wasn't too much middle ground.  If you break it up, then you might pick up one extra quality team in the playoffs and a couple of teams that probably have no business being there.

I don't know about that... it was pretty polarized, with a few really good teams and a few really bad teams.  there wasn't too much middle ground.  If you break it up, then you might pick up one extra quality team in the playoffs and a couple of teams that probably have no business being there.

I don't think so .. I can name at least 3 other teams thatw ould make the playoffs and whoop some 22AAA teams, Silsbee, Orangefield(this year) and Hamshire-Fannett

I don't think so .. I can name at least 3 other teams thatw ould make the playoffs and whoop some 22AAA teams, Silsbee, Orangefield(this year) and Hamshire-Fannett

i just don't see the point...

you'd have to find a way to split it evenly, and then instead of playing 22AAA in the first round of the playoffs, the two districts that split from 21AAA would probably just play each other in the first round, meaning that you're still going to end up with WOS, Kirbyville, and Jasper/Silsbee moving on.  It would really do no more than dilute the first round of the playoffs.

i just don't see the point...

you'd have to find a way to split it evenly, and then instead of playing 22AAA in the first round of the playoffs, the two districts that split from 21AAA would probably just play each other in the first round, meaning that you're still going to end up with WOS, Kirbyville, and Jasper/Silsbee moving on.  It would really do no more than dilute the first round of the playoffs.

Those diluted games would be more fun to watch than they are now.. :D....

Hey – ALLABOUTSTATE – Yes, we that support 22AAA are fully aware of the fact that in the last year or two 21AAA has had a superior overall district.  That is one of the problems of some of the posts – they are students of their schools and they post and support their school and they should but they only post about the years they have been involved in the High School – but it has not been that long ago that these two districts when playing each other were very competitive.

If you take the records of the top performers in 22AAA over the years (my opinion) and compare their records to the current teams from 21AAA you might be surprised at the results.  For example from 1995 – 2005 Liberty was 20 – 16 versus the teams from 21AAA and  Cleveland was 9 – 6 versus the teams from 21AAA.  Coldsprings and Splendora during the same time had a combined 5 – 12 record against 21AAA. :o

So the fact that 22AAA has had a few down years does – and should – not take away from the competitive history between the teams from these two districts. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    malir
    Newest Member
    malir