MAVERICK Lumberton's most hated fan on the net says.....

Guest maverick24

Guest maverick24

1st Thanks to Goose Creek for a great field and allowing us to tailgate.

2nd Where is the class in the 06 State Champs? It started when they came on the field making gestures to the Raidernation crowd, Then one cheap shot after another, Then after the defeat some layed on the field  crying and some walked off to the Locker room about half came across and shook hands! The Coaches were not any better they acted the same way, and never corrected the boys on the field. WHO is running that team anyway?

3rd Was this the worst Ref's ever at a HS playoff game??

4th Now to all you that said we had no chance WHO'sNEXT???

5th 22 4-A is not a weak district aske the Kitty-Cats from LM

7th Coach C and his staff THANKS for all your Hard work!!!!!

8th We have been told to win with class well every one  should jump on LM for losing with NO class

9th Tailgate on for next week Thanks for all the help this week!!

10th All aboard next some Houston Maverick told yall how good this team was and everyone told me our weak Pre-District schedule would not prepare us WELL THANKS to NewCanney,Cleveland and Bridge City

GREAT JOB MEN  4 More left!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you man, from now on when I think of La Marque I wont think Speed, Power, Pass or talent, two words will come to mind from now on ...NO CLASS. Starting in the parking lot, when the LM busses came rolling in . My wife and were sitting in the gas guzzling, politically incorrect, much painted up with Raider pride suv enjoying some tailgated boudan (which was great btw...super job guys!) Many of the LM player were pressing their faces against the windows of the busses, sticking out the tongues and yes, the classic ''Hawaiian Peace Sign'' was spotted more than once. During pre game warm ups the players taunted the Raider stands, during the singing of the Lumberton school song the LM mascot, the mascot...THE MASCOT!...held his nose and made hand gestures to the Lumberton crowd! Fifteen penalties for 150 yards against LM reflects their actions on the field. After their defeat, half the team as well as the coaching staff walked off the field instead of doing the customary handshake. I'm a parent of a kid that plays for Lumberton and if I had seen this kind of display from our kids and coaching staff I would be at the next school board meeting completely flipping out! Players represent the coaches, coaches the school, the school represents the city.  My friends in La Marque, you have very good reason to hang your heads this morning...and its not because of the final score.  Oh, by the way....WAY TO GO L-TRAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm with you man, from now on when I think of La Marque I wont think Speed, Power, Pass or talent, two words will come to mind from now on ...NO CLASS. Starting in the parking lot, when the LM busses came rolling in . My wife and were sitting in the gas guzzling, politically incorrect, much painted up with Raider pride suv enjoying some tailgated boudan (which was great btw...super job guys!) Many of the LM player were pressing their faces against the windows of the busses, sticking out the tongues and yes, the classic ''Hawaiian Peace Sign'' was spotted more than once. During pre game warm ups the players taunted the Raider stands, during the singing of the Lumberton school song the LM mascot, the mascot...THE MASCOT!...held his nose and made hand gestures to the Lumberton crowd! Fifteen penalties for 150 yards against LM reflects their actions on the field. After their defeat, half the team as well as the coaching staff walked off the field instead of doing the customary handshake. I'm a parent of a kid that plays for Lumberton and if I had seen this kind of display from our kids and coaching staff I would be at the next school board meeting completely flipping out! Players represent the coaches, coaches the school, the school represents the city.  My friends in La Marque, you have very good reason to hang your heads this morning...and its not because of the final score.  Oh, by the way....WAY TO GO L-TRAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

If what you're saying is true, it's really sad and the finger pointing goes to the coach.  Everyone on the team, including the asst. coaches, look to him for leadership, and if that's the way the LEADER acts, they heads should roll.

No one likes a sore loser, we've all been told that since child hood.  For LM's sake, I hope this is not true, or at least an isolated case.

If what you're saying is true, it's really sad and the finger pointing goes to the coach.  Everyone on the team, including the asst. coaches, look to him for leadership, and if that's the way the LEADER acts, they heads should roll.

No one likes a sore loser, we've all been told that since child hood.  For LM's sake, I hope this is not true, or at least an isolated case.

Oh, it WAS TRUE... they literally had to drag #9 off the field. He was hitting and kicking and bawling the whole time...

Mav, I agree with most of your statement, EXCEPT, the bad officiating. All I saw out there was that the officials were establishing their authority over the game, early and often. That's why you saw so many sideline warning/calls. It didn't help the fact that although this is one of the nicest stadiums, besides our own with the sideline walk (hint hint to other schools rebuilding their stadiums), that this field had the smallest sideline area for teams I think I've ever seen. But once the boys and coaches at least on our side got used to this fact they learned where they could stand. I sat with my brother who's been an official for some 20 years and I can't recall him yelling much about any missed calls OR bad calls. Generally he'd start to say where's the flag and sure enough up popped a flag. This crew were from the Austin area and my understanding is that unlike the southeast Texas area they don't work on regular crews all the time so these guys were brought together for this game. This also means that only the best from their chapter are selected for these games as are officials from our area for other playoffs. I know anytime we see a call, we naturally aren't going to agree with it just because we want to see our guys do well, of course the same thing happens on the other side of the field. I just got on so I haven't seen the usual loser rants about how we stole the game or the officials gave the game away for them yet, but I'm sure as I worl my way through the posts they'll be there in black and white. Oh well, I guess I better shut up on my officiating defense and just say....................................................................

GO RAIDERS!

Guest maverick24

Thanks but if you didn't see the Bad calls you were not looking! LM got more than 3 sideline warnings when we got one and a penalty. The Holding on our DE's was not just the norm but at times the DE's were pulled down by their Jerseys. Hanna was on the ground and kicked and kneed and a ref standing right over the top, when he jumps up to ask why a flag was not throw he got the flag. One Ref on the LM side threw a flag almost every time we kicked a Fg or EP  going Right to Left from the Raider side. I fully know from my coaching in the past that some teams and players when they are looked at as being the best or one of the best GET BY WITH THINGS others can't. It looked like all night the Refs were thinking that  this no-name team should not be playing the 06 State Champs this tuff and that there is no way they should beat them. I say sorry to the ref's they should have opened their eyes They missed a great game.

Yes it is true The Players and Coaches taunted the Raider fans and Players It was PRICELESS to see them beat and now they can break out the Roundball.

Guest tigersvoice

How about that new HORN! I think every body seem to like it but the people right there where the horn was at. What is the opinion of the L-Train crowd. Should it stay? I know the guy who had it. Lets let him know if we like it or not.

I know that I don't have a vote but I think the horn is awesome!  Might need to isolate it on one end of the stands or the other because I can definitely see (or feel) how it might affect others around it.

The guy should think about others around him.  this is not a regular airhorn.   I know it sounds great but not for those that sit around him.  The sad thing is he doesn't really care.  The horn is great maybe just not in the stands.  Ltrain is loud real loud but.....

Looks like you need to invest in some earplugs