Two HUGE upsets in round two!

WOS92

I'm sure you have but not from me. I'm too busy on the Lamar Forum. However, with all the great games last night and being a football nut I just had to make a few comments.

Sorry if I disrespected you in some way. That was not my intention. Being from Orange (LC-M grad) I always pull for WO-S in the playoffs because the Bears never make it!

Thanks for the congrats, and no hard feelings. From now on, I'll be sure to post according to your habits. ;)

Guest abovetherim

"From now on, I'll be sure to post according to your habits."

You lost me there. But, congratulations to you and the WO-S football community. They are the best in Orange County and probably in SE Texas over the past 30 years as I see you've noted in your signature. 

WOS you're starting to sound like some of them LM posters  ......... The thread read 2 upsets in round two ......to me and half the people in the state of TX would of said Lumberton game was the biggest upset.

You do seem to be a little jealous cuz we are getting more cudo's.  Come on be a CH like WOS should be!  Hope you win STATE since you beat the #1 team!

Yes, we WO-S fans are jealous of Lumberton. Why wouldn't we be?  ::)

YOU invaded a WO-S/Dayton thread to question why we didn't include you! Look, this stuff is nothing new to us. I realize that you're excited about something new for y'all and I'm glad you're able to enjoy it. But if you think I'd trade places with ya for a second, you've fallen off the "L-Train" and hit your head on something hard.

It's great that you and half the people in the state of Texas would HAVE said that the Lumberton game was the biggest upset (despite the fact that LaMarque came in third in district and already had two losses). Unfortunately for you, neither you nor half of the state started this thread. I did, and I didn't consider it an upset. The fact that you got so up in arms screams "jealousy."

Enjoy your kudos. Honestly, I could give a crap about kudos. In fact, I can't see the difference between "kudos" and "rankings," in which case, we're getting far more  :P 

I care more about our kids playing their best and continuing the 30-year legacy of WO-S that is outlined in my sig.

Abovetherim, sorry for losing you with my sarcasm. It's my nature. Let's move on.

Guest abovetherim

Good deal with me WOS92. Heck you probably know my brother-in-law and several others I've got the opportunity to know from WO-S due to playing athletic's in High School. I won't name them here but there is a bunch of great athletes I've know over the years in your part of Orange.

Best of luck the rest of the season and bring home another state championship to Orange County.

Guest gladiator2

Give WOS a break, I'm sure if he has been reading a lot of posts on this board in the last week than he probally would have gotten a lot grief about Lumberton was not a underdog. All week long the L-TRAIN'S fans have been saying that Lamarque could not hang with them. So either way he would have heard something if he would have included Lumberton's game as an upset. I know L-TOWN is extremely happy about how their team is doing but I agree that sometimes ya'll go overboard as well as some of the Dayton fan's. Both teams have a lot to be proud about and I'm excited for each of you and will try and be at both teams games if PNG ia not playing. What really annoys me is the constant back in forth between Dayton and Lumberton. I just hope that each of you win next week. I know that both of you will see different teams than ya'll saw in the first game. I kind of got off of the topic but I agree with some of what WOS had to say. Before the L-TOWN game just about all of you thought that you were going to win,so how was it a upset in ya'lls eyes. I thought that it was. No disrespect to anyone, I'm a fan of all of SE TEXAS!!!

Actually, even though we ran into a LaMarque buzzsaw a few times during their consecutive championship streak in the 90s before beating them last time we played, I hold LaMarque in very high regard. I've never disliked them.

Still, it was a game Lumberton should have (and did) won. The Raiders should win again this week.

DISCLAIMER: The above statement is merely an attempt to show pride in my two favorite local teams and is not a slight against any not explicitly congratulated in the body of the message, including (but not limited to) Lumberton, PN-G, Newton, Kirbyville, West Brook, The Dallas Cowboys, Texas A&M, the Houston Astros, the New Zealand All Blacks, the National Curling Team of Brazil, Johnny the World's Fastest Thompkins Gazelle and Burt (a very strong beetle).

can't stop laughing at this.  ;D

Congrats to WOS and Dayton!!

and everyone else.

Congrats to Dayton and WOS!

I don't think the LM game was an upset either...just check out my previous posts.

Oh, & BTW, WOS92, I fully understand what you're trying to say aout the thread hijacking.  Brace yourself though.  There's sure to be PLENTY more of that on here now.  :-[

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics