Two HUGE upsets in round two!

WOS92

Argue whether whichever was an upset if you'd like, but if you go by statewide expectations and rankings, WO-S and Dayton both made headlines this week. Unranked Dayton knocked off 4A's #8-ranked team, and the eighth-ranked Mustangs knocked off NUMBER ONE Giddings!

GREAT week by both teams!

Go Mustangs and Broncos (and everyone else, of course)!

Guest tigersvoice

Argue whether whichever was an upset if you'd like, but if you go by statewide expectations and rankings, WO-S and Dayton both made headlines this week. Unranked Dayton knocked off 4A's #8-ranked team, and the eighth-ranked Mustangs knocked off NUMBER ONE Giddings!

GREAT week by both teams!

Go Mustangs and Broncos (and everyone else, of course)!

Guess you don't consider Lumberton over LaMarque an upset.  And frankly, neither do I.

Guest abovetherim

I do just because of the traditions of the schools. This could be a game that changes the way people look at Lumberton Football.

As good as the Raiders are, I hope no schools came calling for your head coach. He appears to be a very good one.

Guest abovetherim

I don't think Lumberton/LaMarque was an upset. You had an unranked 10-1 team tied for first in district beat an unranked 9-2 team that came in third in district.

I don't mean literally it was an upset. I just know people around the state know about LaMarque's football success and I'm not sure those people thought the Raiders would win tonight. I'm as happy as can be for those guys. They deserve all the good things coming their way. In the summer I stated Lumberton and LC-M were going to surprise people. Well, I was obviously wrong about the Bears but I was right on regarding the Raiders.

Guest tigersvoice

I don't think Lumberton/LaMarque was an upset. You had an unranked 10-1 team tied for first in district beat an unranked 9-2 team that came in third in district.

Oh!

Guest abovetherim

You're right the game is 25% physical and 75% mental. You show up to play focused and with heart anything can happen on any given day. Just ask Michigan. However, the further you get into the playoffs I think you'll find the people who rank the teams are pretty good at what they do.

Ratings don't mean anything .....I've seen WOS ranked and didn't do a thing! Some people get rated high by their name and are not worth a darn! ...... #1 LSU was beat by unranked Arkansas.  Ratings don't mean squat!

Well, thanks for hijacking a thread congratulating Dayton and WO-S on their wins over two top-ranked teams and making it into a Lumberton/LaMarque thread. It's nice to know that while you can have 50 "congrats Ltrain" threads, but God forbid we have a thread congratulating the other teams out there without including Lumberton in the mix. While I do feel genuinely happy that you guys are finally able to enjoy some success, it's pretty annoying that we have to be on our tiptoes to make sure we don't leave out the raiders. Lame.

I heard the Lumberton score and was not surprised. I was surprised by the WO-S win (pleasantly) and by the dominating fashion by which Dayton disposed of a Top 10 team. I understand that you don't give any regard to rankings. How about this: WO-S beat an UNDEFEATED #1 team. Dayton beat the team that swept the same district that dealt LaMarque two losses.

Yes, Lumberton beat a good team. Dayton beat a better one. I wasn't going to point that out, but, since you brought it up...

Not only did you take a congratulatory thread and turn it into a whine-fest, but you tried to get a little "dig" in by using WO-S as an example. Classy! Yes, we're typically ranked at some point every year and don't always blow everyone away. We do, however, win an average of nine or 10 games a year, so it's probably a fairly safe gamble by those divvying out the rankings.

Back to the topic at hand  ::)...

Congrats to the Stangs and Dayton on two huge upsets!

DISCLAIMER: The above statement is merely an attempt to show pride in my two favorite local teams and is not a slight against any not explicitly congratulated in the body of the message, including (but not limited to) Lumberton, PN-G, Newton, Kirbyville, West Brook, The Dallas Cowboys, Texas A&M, the Houston Astros, the New Zealand All Blacks, the National Curling Team of Brazil, Johnny the World's Fastest Thompkins Gazelle and Burt (a very strong beetle).

Guest tigersvoice

Well, thanks for hijacking a thread congratulating Dayton and WO-S on their wins over two top-ranked teams and making it into a Lumberton/LaMarque thread. Better yet, you tried to get a little "dig" in by using WO-S as an example. Classy!

Oooh, you're a little touchy tonight.  Man, I'm sorry that you had such a bad day.

Guest tigersvoice

Well, thanks for hijacking a thread congratulating Dayton and WO-S on their wins over two top-ranked teams and making it into a Lumberton/LaMarque thread. It's nice to know that while you can have 50 "congrats Ltrain" threads, but God forbid we have a thread congratulating the other teams out there without including Lumberton in the mix. While I do feel genuinely happy that you guys are finally able to enjoy some success, it's pretty annoying that we have to be on our tiptoes to make sure we don't leave out the raiders. Lame.

I heard the Lumberton score and was not surprised. I was surprised by the WO-S win (pleasantly) and by the dominating fashion by which Dayton disposed of a Top 10 team. I understand that you don't give any regard to rankings. How about this: WO-S beat an UNDEFEATED #1 team. Dayton beat the team that swept the same district that dealt LaMarque two losses.

Yes, Lumberton beat a good team. Dayton beat a better one. I wasn't going to point that out, but, since you brought it up...

Not only did you take a congratulatory thread and turn it into a whine-fest, but you tried to get a little "dig" in by using WO-S as an example. Classy! Yes, we're typically ranked at some point every year and don't always blow everyone away. We do, however, win an average of nine or 10 games a year, so it's probably a fairly safe gamble by those divvying out the rankings.

DISCLAIMER: The above statement is merely an attempt to show pride in my two favorite local teams and is not a slight against any not explicitly congratulated in the body of the message, including (but not limited to) Lumberton, PN-G, Newton, Kirbyville, West Brook, The Dallas Cowboys, Texas A&M, the Houston Astros, the New Zealand All Blacks, the National Curling Team of Brazil, Johnny the World's Fastest Thompkins Gazelle and Burt (a very strong beetle).

Good Lord, man!  You've got a problem.  Lighten up.  Have you been to a Doctor lately?  Are you considering a shrink yet?

I understand. However, you do realize that it wasn't an outright slight. It was a difference in perception. I don't see beating a team that you SHOULD beat as an upset. That's a compliment to you.

The problem I have is that this thread turned from a message to our players into a "WHAT ABOUT US?" thread. That's pretty crappy, guys.

Tigersvoice, I wasn't talking to you when I said that stuff. Your question was legitimate - I just didn't like that it became the focus of the thread.

Bad day? My team just knocked off the NUMBER ONE RANKED TEAM IN THE STATE! I had a great day :)

Good Lord, man!  You've got a problem.  Lighten up.  Have you been to a Doctor lately?  Are you considering a shrink yet?

Nope. Perfectly stable. I just get annoyed that I can't congratulate my team on a big upset without it turning into a "fishing for compliments" tournament.

wos no hijack here man. im not shocked that the stangs won. read my posts

i picked wos to win. i picked the broncos to win. little biased of u guys ,yes

but these two teams r tough .congrats on a huge wins over high ranked teams,again 92 hope u guys win state. ;D

We're cool. My inlaws live in Lumberton and called us from the game. I was excited for y'all. Not an upset, but I was excited nonetheless.

WOS92, I saw some of your fans/coaches at the mt. Belvue convenience store and got the score. I was truly shocked that WOS beat the # 1 3A team in the state. However, I was not shocked that Dayton took TC behind the woodshed. Congratulaions and good luck in the next round from the L-Train.

Guest abovetherim

So you use this forum to congratulate the player's from WO-S. Why not join the booster club and speak with them and their parents in person.

I thought I was communicating via the web on local High School games which I was happy to see the majority of local teams win and congratulate their (fan's).

Guest abovetherim

I'm sure you have but not from me. I'm too busy on the Lamar Forum. However, with all the great games last night and being a football nut I just had to make a few comments.

Sorry if I disrespected you in some way. That was not my intention. Being from Orange (LC-M grad) I always pull for WO-S in the playoffs because the Bears never make it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed