La Porte (35) @ Barbers Hill (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

Pretty much as described, LP played well and BH just didn't. I said earlier (and was accused of sandbagging) that BH was a walking MASH unit. It was true. BH has been able to get by so far playing weaker opponents but that was not the case last night. That, and the uncharacteristic passing game difficulties was too much to overcome. LP was fortunate to catch a wounded BH this week. At full strength, or close to it I believe BH would have won. That's not an excuse, just an honest observation. Injuries are just part of the game. You deal with it and overcome them but BH did not on this occasion. 

Next week the Eagles will get back in the win column. ln time BH will get some healthy starters back. BH did have a a bad night, but its time to put LP in the rear view mirror and get back to business. I believe they will. Go Eagles!      

So no one has anything to say about the refs just giving BH that last TD to keep it interesting??? Ref throws a flag on #2 (as high as he can throw it) for a late hit and then waves it off! Unreal!

BH y’all have 9000 kids playing tackle football but can’t stop the run without 2 kids in the line up???

47 minutes ago, Old Ape said:

So no one has anything to say about the refs just giving BH that last TD to keep it interesting??? Ref throws a flag on #2 (as high as he can throw it) for a late hit and then waves it off! Unreal!

BH y’all have 9000 kids playing tackle football but can’t stop the run without 2 kids in the line up???

That was the only questionable thing I saw late by the refs. But it didn't matter, LP put on a masterclass in the 2nd half and cooked fresh bird on their rent-a-field. I went back and rewatched the whole game, that was that old school LP I saw after halftime. 

2 hours ago, Old Ape said:

Lord . Just win with a little character don’t be Crosby. Y’all just keep it together and don’t implode like last year. A lot of football left.

13 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Lord . Just win with a little character don’t be Crosby. Y’all just keep it together and don’t implode like last year. A lot of football left.

Not LP. I believe I’m the only LP poster on SETX posting, and I left this game and moved on to scouting KP already.

This one’s in the books. All that’s left now are excuses, and they don’t change the score.

By the way, I enjoyed our light-hearted jabbing. That’s what it’s all about. Nothing too serious. We’re not playing anymore.

Not sure why BHs offense stopped what they were doing on their first two drives?  Offense play calling went into the toilet and got conservative. In the 3q after the opening stop on 4th down by the D, that next offensive series had a chance to step on Lps throat and instead promptly turned it over. This game is on the piss poor offense after the 1st qtr.

7 hours ago, Old Ape said:

I told you before. If y’all play a half way good team you gotta score 40 or you lose.

I bet you turned backflips in celebration 5 blocks down the street. I know Haters gonna hate, congrats. I hope your life is somewhat better now. I just hope that meaningless last second TD that triggered you so badly won't wreck whatever is left of your life. 

GEEZE.