Regional Quarterfinal Orangefield vs Central Heights Predictions

7 minutes ago, HomeTownKidd05 said:

Central Heights will take it in 3 games. OF doesn't have the pitching to beat CH in a 3 game series.  

Interesting take. Orangefield has beaten Carthage, Tatum and Buna just to name a few with someone other than their #1. All 3 of which are pretty solid teams, and 2 of them are still playing. So I guess we will see. 

3 hours ago, Gocats90 said:

From my understanding Orangefield and Central Heights have 6 common opponents being Carthage, Longview Spring Hill, Tatum, Sabine, Pollok Central, and Kountze. With Orangefield being 8-0 while CH being 5-3.

Hard to compare scores from some of those matchups… some could’ve been tournament play where a team runs out their 4th pitching option or vice versa 

14 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Hard to compare scores from some of those matchups… some could’ve been tournament play where a team runs out their 4th pitching option or vice versa 

This is true. But you have to start somewhere for comparisons. Most of these common opponents were on the same weekend in the same tournament. OF was 4-0 out scoring opponents 34-5. While Central Heights was 2-2 out scoring opponents 13-11. Playing 3 like opponents in 4 games. I do agree that comparing opponents means next to nothing. Kids could be in basketball still, pitchers were different, etc. But like I said, it’s the only thing we have to go by until we see them on the field against each other Thursday night.

4 hours ago, pine curtain said:

I was told he was 88-90 and has better off speed stuff than his brother when he was in high school.

CH has 4 better guys than that?

I’d say not better than that… I’d also be willing to bet he isn’t throwing 90 and better off speed than his brother… at this stage anyways

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I’d say not better than that… I’d also be willing to bet he isn’t throwing 90 and better off speed than his brother… at this stage anyways

Equivalent to his brother at that age.  Sits 84. Yes 4 better than that 

On 5/15/2023 at 1:11 PM, Sports10 said:

This is true. But you have to start somewhere for comparisons. Most of these common opponents were on the same weekend in the same tournament. OF was 4-0 out scoring opponents 34-5. While Central Heights was 2-2 out scoring opponents 13-11. Playing 3 like opponents in 4 games. I do agree that comparing opponents means next to nothing. Kids could be in basketball still, pitchers were different, etc. But like I said, it’s the only thing we have to go by until we see them on the field against each other Thursday night.

We can now start somewhere else and have something else to go by.