The Lady Bucs are on the move

They're playing very well and are much improved over last season. However, their 4-0 consists of wins over Anahuac, Warren, Hardin and Kirbyville. Arguably those are the 4 teams likely to miss the playoffs in the district. Tonight against Kountze and next week against OF and Buna will be a good indicator of just how improved EC is this season. Either way, it's a very strong start to district play for the Lady Bucs!

On 1/6/2023 at 9:21 PM, gogo1734 said:

True. Kountze beat Buna by 23 and only beat EC by 8 tonight. I think we have 3 really solid teams in the district this year. 

Yeah I get that but that was bunas first district game I think they have gotten a little better since then but we will see 

32 minutes ago, Hawks18 said:

Yeah I get that but that was bunas first district game I think they have gotten a little better since then but we will see 

They definitely have. I’ve seen every game Buna has played this season. They’ve improved greatly. It took a bit to get used to what the new coach wanted out of them, but they’ve caught on now I believe. Also, along with the 2 girls from Kountze, I think Reese Sherman is one of the few front runners for district mvp. To this point in district play anyway. We’ll see how it goes the rest of the way. 

6 hours ago, gogo1734 said:

They definitely have. I’ve seen every game Buna has played this season. They’ve improved greatly. It took a bit to get used to what the new coach wanted out of them, but they’ve caught on now I believe. Also, along with the 2 girls from Kountze, I think Reese Sherman is one of the few front runners for district mvp. To this point in district play anyway. We’ll see how it goes the rest of the way. 

Reese Sherman is a game changer both on the basketball and volleyball court! 

37 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I think Warren beat Buna

They did. 43-39. Nice upset win for Warren, and a bad loss for Buna. Give Warren a lot of credit. They shot very well from 3 in the 1st half and built a 13-point lead at halftime. Buna came back in the 2nd half and took the lead at one point in the 4th. Good ballgame.