BROWN VERBIALLY COMMITS TO UT!!

Guest mffl

J'Covan Brown update (Updated Wed afternoon 2:20 p.m.) Reply

Gerry drove to Port Arthur yesterday with the understanding that J'Covan was going to make a commitment. As you all know, nothing happened.

Last night, after their game against Beaumont Ozen, J'Covan's father told Gerry that J'Covan was ready to get the whole thing over with and was going to commit and sign on Wednesday, the first day of the early signing period.

Then this morning, Gerry left at 7 a.m. for an apparent commitment and signing. He talked to J'Covan at 7:35 this morning and he was intending to commit and not sign. Fifteen minutes later, J'Covan's father told Gerry that J'Covan will not commit or sign today, and will probably wait until spring.

So Gerry is dang near in Beaumont and nothing is going to happen ... again. Instead, he's going to Beaumont Kelly to check in on Kheeston Randall.

This has been an incredibly frustrating to follow.

Update: J'Covan is saying that he is making his commitment today no matter what. Stay tuned.

1 p.m. update: There is a possible press conference set up for 2 p.m. at which J'Covan will announce his decision. Nothing is official yet, but the commitment may go down at 2 p.m.

2 p.m. update: Port Artur Memorial head coach just said there will be no press conference. Stay tuned. As always, this is subject to change.

Update 2:20 p.m.: They're now saying a press conference will be held tomorrow.

Just my opinion here, only saw this kid play as a soph.  I know his skills are D-1 material but is his head, meaning is his attitude, able to cope with big time college BB?  I hope so and I wish the best for this kid, from what I understand, one of the best in country.

His attitude has improved ALOT since his sophomore year... i know he got into it a little bit with his coach last year, but i've seen him play the past 2 years and it has improved.

He goes to UT= National title within the next 2 years if they sign a big man next year.

I know he's a great player from all that i've heard about him, but i haven't gotten to see him play.  if brown + a big man= a national championship, you're saying he's going to be one of the best college players in the country.  is he really that good?  i'm not trying to hate, i haven't seen him play.

I know he's a great player from all that i've heard about him, but i haven't gotten to see him play.  if brown + a big man= a national championship, you're saying he's going to be one of the best college players in the country.  is he really that good?  i'm not trying to hate, i haven't seen him play.

been watching him since middle school, Kelly and watched a few of his PAM games, UT will still have James and the other guards. If UT gets a good dominant big man to off-set people from thinking its a guard oriented team then yes he'll be one of the best in the country and UT WILL win a title.

been watching him since middle school, Kelly and watched a few of his PAM games, UT will still have James and the other guards. If UT gets a good dominant big man to off-set people from thinking its a guard oriented team then yes he'll be one of the best in the country and UT WILL win a title.

sounds fantastic  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont