Is Dayton capable of winning the State Championship?

Can dayton win if the play Texas City in the second round of the playoffs?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Can dayton win if the play Texas City in the second round of the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

Last year when we played Texas City, the game speed was much quicker.

The Bronco offense just couldn't get in sync.

This years team has much more over all speed.

If we are in the ball game at half I say we take the game.

We need to play one game at a time and don't look ahead.

If we don't win Friday this poll is insignificant.

Class 4A

Team Rec Pts Pvs

1. Dallas Highland Park (13) 10-0 187 2

2. CC Calallen (1) 10-0 159 3

3. Waco (4) 9-1 158 4

4. Everman (1) 10-0 136 8

5. New Braunfels 10-0 120 5

6. WF Rider (1) 9-1 111 6

7. Stephenville 9-1 89 1

8. Texas City 9-1 37 10

9. Copperas Cove 8-2 27 7

10. Waxahachie 9-1 17 -

Others receiving votes: Keller Fossil Ridge 15. Alamo Heights 8. Kerrville Tivy 6. Wolfforth Frenship 6. Aledo 6. FW Southwest 4. Whitehouse 4. EP Austin 3. Dayton 2. Houston Yates 1. Sulphur Springs 1. Canyon Randall 1. New Braunfels Canyon 1. Austin Lake Travis 1.

According to AP, there're 18 teams better than Dayton.  That's hard to believe.

Guest maverick24

Capable yes! Will they probably not. To win state you have to have a team that has NO NONE NADA weakness and then you have to get a little lucky. They have a good team but not a great team. They have to many other powerhouses in their region,  It will wear (whatever) team out that wins this Region. I wish them Luck and Pray they get to play that RAIDERNATION one more time this year!

Guest PurplePride

.... :DToo Coogtalk.......you wish...... ;)

poor little maverick........ ;D....bless your heart........God loves little ones like you.........you THINK we Need to MEET AGAIN??No little one...we KNOW we need to MEET AGAIN! Go little big boy.....smack talk......it makes you feel BIG ! While you do that smack talking, go out to practice, work the work that your football players work.......walk the walk like we do......THEN and ONLY THEN can you get your lazy bottom on here and smack talk...........

.... :DToo Coogtalk.......you wish...... ;)

poor little maverick........ ;D....bless your heart........God loves little ones like you.........you THINK we Need to MEET AGAIN??No little one...we KNOW we need to MEET AGAIN! Go little big boy.....smack talk......it makes you feel BIG ! While you do that smack talking, go out to practice, work the work that your football players work.......walk the walk like we do......THEN and ONLY THEN can you get your lazy bottom on here and smack talk...........

I have buddy... I don't play anymore but i have and i would gladly suit up with my brothers if i could but thats not how it works, i couldn't afford/have the time to play ball, so when you talk censored on a website. And as for Rivalry, the Highway 90 shootout is always a big deal in both Crosby and Dayton, and this is the best team we've had since 99 and 02 (whatever team beck and them were), and if you boys from 22-4a remember what happened to yall both those years you'd be a little scared. As for Dayton i got nothing but respect for those guys, because if they lose there aren't excuses.

I have buddy... I don't play anymore but i have and i would gladly suit up with my brothers if i could but thats not how it works, i couldn't afford/have the time to play ball, so when you talk censored on a website. And as for Rivalry, the Highway 90 shootout is always a big deal in both Crosby and Dayton, and this is the best team we've had since 99 and 02 (whatever team beck and them were), and if you boys from 22-4a remember what happened to yall both those years you'd be a little scared. As for Dayton i got nothing but respect for those guys, because if they lose there aren't excuses.

In 1999 we played Stephenville for state and beat Lamarque that year ;D You must have meant another year. Mark it down Lamarque will lose to Dayton or Lumberton this year. I don't remember which one would play them in the second round, but 22-4A will take LM this year.

Dayton is the best team in our district, and should go a few rounds. You can beat LaMarque but seeing so few backup players on the side lines, I don't think you have enough depth when the injuries start coming. One or two key injuries will end your run. I saw every PNG game in their 1999 state run, and after 2 rounds, the teams only get stronger and bigger. We had injuries to a couple of key players and still made it to the championship game,without those injuries maybe we could have won.I do believe Dayton will go farther than anyone in our area.Good luck to Dayton, S.E. Texas will be supporting you!

Class 4A

Team Rec Pts Pvs

3. Waco (4) 9-1 158 4

5. New Braunfels 10-0 120 5

6. WF Rider (1) 9-1 111 6

7. Stephenville 9-1 89 1

8. Texas City 9-1 37 10

10. Waxahachie 9-1 17 -

Others receiving votes: Keller Fossil Ridge 15. Alamo Heights 8. Kerrville Tivy 6. Wolfforth Frenship 6. Aledo 6. FW Southwest 4. Whitehouse 4. EP Austin 3. Dayton 2. Houston Yates 1. Sulphur Springs 1. Canyon Randall 1. New Braunfels Canyon 1. Austin Lake Travis 1.

That # 1 and # 2 team is a beast.  If Dayton can beat one of those, my hats off.  Being "West of the Trinity", they may have a shot.  :o

Guest Orangeboy

Class 4A

Team Rec Pts Pvs

3. Waco (4) 9-1 158 4

5. New Braunfels 10-0 120 5 6. WF Rider (1) 9-1 111 6

7. Stephenville 9-1 89 1

8. Texas City 9-1 37 10

10. Waxahachie 9-1 17 -

This poll even has the Unicorns being better than the Broncs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476