Will LUMBERTON and DAYTON see each other again in the playoffs..

WarPaint

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree with PNG Proud.  If this re-match happens, I would think more than 17,500 SE Texans would come out to see it in an extremely local venue.  How many fans from other 22-4A teams would come to see two of their own in a quaterfinal match-up?  Not to mention WB, PAM and local "small" school fans.  17,500 capacity would probably be okay if it was a 2 hr drive.  But with 200,000 people less than 45 minutes away, doubtful.  Also, it seems that the coaches would prefer turf over grass.  Is this true?

Maybe this is something we could look for in the future with area team playoff rematches.  I read that LU is giving the students a vote on reinstating Cardinal football.

Right now, I think Lumberton has its hands full again with Waller much as they did with La Marque.  Dayton should take Livingston as long as they don't look at them too lightly.  I'd put the odds at 50/50 for the rematch.

I tend to agree with PNG Proud.  If this re-match happens, I would think more than 17,500 SE Texans would come out to see it in an extremely local venue.  How many fans from other 22-4A teams would come to see two of their own in a quaterfinal match-up?  Not to mention WB, PAM and local "small" school fans.  17,500 capacity would probably be okay if it was a 2 hr drive.  But with 200,000 people less than 45 minutes away, doubtful.  Also, it seems that the coaches would prefer turf over grass.  Is this true?

Maybe this is something we could look for in the future with area team playoff rematches.  I read that LU is giving the students a vote on reinstating Cardinal football.

Right now, I think Lumberton has its hands full again with Waller much as they did with La Marque.  Dayton should take Livingston as long as they don't look at them too lightly.  I'd put the odds at 50/50 for the rematch.

Dayton's odds of winning are about 9 out of 10.

Lumbertons odds of winning are about 6 or 7 out of 10, I say closer to 7 out of 10.

That puts the odds of a rematch....

9/10 x 7/10 = 63/100

or about a 60% to 70% chance.

All of this talk is for naught if either of these teams don't take care of business this week....

I also have been thinking of the stadium...

It's not like Lamar is in Lumberton's backyard.

It's probably about a 20 minute drive (or maybe more) from Lumberton HS to Lamar, and it's about 60 minutes from Dayton High School to Lamar.

If the game were held at Lamar it would easily sell out.

I think the game would be better at Baytown due to the turf and the seating capacity is only slightly smaller than Lamar's, the press box is also vastly improved.

Guest TravelingBandsman

If Lamar University brought back football, that'd be great. Not great for my university because then we'd play them and that never goes well for my college's team. However, they would almost certainly spend a lot of money on stadium repairs...

1. refurbish the press box

2. clean the stadium from top to bottom

3. take up the grass and put in a track and some RealTurf.

4. Put in a Jumbotron, if they don't already have one.

After all that, it would definitely be a great playoff spot.

The article was in a recent (last Sat. maybe) edition of the Bmt Enterprise.  Two collumns written by Rush Wood.  I seem to recall about $8 per credit hour in student fees if approved.  Plus, the Dean and AD would need to get some major external financial backing.  The field is grass & would need to change.  I think Lamar could put a good team together from local recruits with talent and heart but "size challenged".  The big problem I remember with the program was lack of fan interest.  Golden Triangle fans don't historically support pro or semi-pro sports.  Look at the Golden Gators, The Exporters and the Wildcatters (to name a few).  Maybe times have changed (at least for Lamar football).

Okay now, what was the topic again?

I've read alot of these threads and have to comment that I've seen alot of smack talk from the L-Train crowd. Rightfully, they have earned it and I can relate to how exciting this ride is. One thing that I want to bring to everyone's attention is how many miles Dayton is from all their competitors. I was walking up to Bronco Stadium at our last home game against PNG and commented to someone in purple about the kids. They made a comment about how far they had to drive. Well, I can tell you we drove to every out of town game and they were all FAR!  Dayton was one long trip for half the district. What made it all worth while was the great Dayton Broncos. This has been so FUN! This is my son's senior year so we are probably in our last season of attending every game. As we get further into the playoffs, we may resolve to attend every game NEXT YEAR TOO! We really appreciate the opportunity to be part of this exciting season. I wonder what the mileage is per team in the District 22 4A commuter miles to games. I know someone out there has that stat?? But really, we are having a great time. I can't schedule the rest of my vacation this year until I know what Friday's I need off!

TO THE BRONCO PLAYERS AND STAFF - THANKS FOR THE GREAT RIDE SO FAR! THE FANS ARE READY TO SUPPORT YOU TO THE NEXT LEVEL! ONE LEVEL AT A TIME!  ;D

I've read alot of these threads and have to comment that I've seen alot of smack talk from the L-Train crowd. Rightfully, they have earned it and I can relate to how exciting this ride is. One thing that I want to bring to everyone's attention is how many miles Dayton is from all their competitors. I was walking up to Bronco Stadium at our last home game against PNG and commented to someone in purple about the kids. They made a comment about how far they had to drive. Well, I can tell you we drove to every out of town game and they were all FAR!  Dayton was one long trip for half the district. What made it all worth while was the great Dayton Broncos. This has been so FUN! This is my son's senior year so we are probably in our last season of attending every game. As we get further into the playoffs, we may resolve to attend every game NEXT YEAR TOO! We really appreciate the opportunity to be part of this exciting season. I wonder what the mileage is per team in the District 22 4A commuter miles to games. I know someone out there has that stat?? But really, we are having a great time. I can't schedule the rest of my vacation this year until I know what Friday's I need off!

TO THE BRONCO PLAYERS AND STAFF - THANKS FOR THE GREAT RIDE SO FAR! THE FANS ARE READY TO SUPPORT YOU TO THE NEXT LEVEL! ONE LEVEL AT A TIME!   ;D

This is what Friday Night Lights is all about....

It's more than a football game, it's about the entire community coming together to support some young men to do their best.

The ride in Dayton and Lumberton this year has been just AWEsome...

It is ashame that in almost all likelyhood, next week, one of the teams will have their season come to an end.

For this week...

ENJOY THE RIDE, TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS, AND WHAT A TREAT NEXT WEEK WILL BE!!!

Sam Houston College

I've heard the same thing....

I have also heard that Saturday is the likely day and not Friday.

There really isn't anything between Lumberton and Dayton.

Lamar is not a turf field.

Baytown seats more than Sam Houston....

Curious selection...

THIS WON'T HAPPEN UNLESS....

THE BRONCOS STAMPEDE THE LIONS

AND THE L-TRAIN PULVERIZES THE BULLDOGS!!!

Go Raiders and Go Broncos!!!!

When I heard the score of 21 Waller 0 Lumberton at half, I was dissappointed.

Looks like the anticipated rematch will never happen.

Sure, last night was a downer... but we have so much to be proud of. I have only missed one game in the past three years... I've seen Lumberton go from being completely defeated two years ago to making it to the third round of playoffs this year. I'm so flipping proud of our boys. Everyone is. I want to thank the guys for holding their heads high after the game and congratulating Waller. You showed true pride in the game.

To Dayton, sorry the rematch won't happen.

But I can honestly say that Lumberton wants nothing more than for y'all to completely stomp the Bulldogs.

Good luck, Broncos!

Being originally from Dayton, I've been thoroughly impressed with ALL the teams in the Beaumont area.  When we moved to this district I didn't understand it because of the distance between the schools and because we're really an outsider to the greater Beaumont/Orange area.  Even after somewhat dominating the district for the last two years as the new team, I haven't seen much in the way of any ill will demonstrated by any of the teams or towns and I'm THOROUGHLY impressed with the sportsmanship of everyone I've come across.  To hear and see as many people as I've seen promoting and rooting for Dayton from outside our town, I feel like we've been embraced by the entire area even though we're no-where near any of the other schools.  I really hope we stay in this district regardless of the long drives and even with the proximity of the Galena Park/Crosby district.  Let's just say their sportsmanship falls far short of this district.  Of course, the lack of sportsmanship shown by Texas City in defeat and what I heard from LaMarque after they lost to the Raiders, I'm not impressed by them either.  For those of you that didn't see the game, Dayton could have scored 70 on Texas City and they still had to nerve to say "we'll remember how Dayton ran up the score."  They stopped throwing the ball after the 99 yeard drive in the third quarter.  Good luck to all of you in all the other sports, I will be rooting for you.  From what I remember, Lumberton always has a good baseball team.

Go Broncos

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder