Tiebreaker!!!!! Dayton please stop!!!!

Guest gladiator2

Guest gladiator2

These mathematical rules that you Dayton fans are going on about are false and ignorant on ya'lls part to keep bringing up. The mathematical #'s would have been used if PNG would have beaten Dayton and Nederland would have beaten Lumberton. Their would have been 3 teams with 5-2 records and one team at 7-0. The rule change was from a couple of years ago when PNG lost  A COIN FLIP. Myself and another coach are talking about this and we have went to the UIL rules and just as we knew the Dayton people misinterpreted the rules. Yes, ya'll are correct on the mathematical system if their would have been more teams than playoff positions available, but that is not the case here. All you have to look at is the Nederland and Lumberton game, the winner of that game had a playoff spot. If Nederland would have won than both teams would have been 5-2 in district so why would Nederland go to the playoffs and Lumberton would have stayed home. EASY=== HEAD TO HEAD MATCHUP!!! And this is how it went Dayton beat PNG therefore there was two 6-1 teams and whoever won the NED-LUM game, that is who went to the playoffs but if PNG and Nederland would have won than Nederland would have had to win by 9 points or more.

Guest gladiator2

This was not the only district that this took place in. If what I showed everyone did not explain everything than ya'll are just trying to make yourself look better than everyone else. High School Football is for the kids and it is just entertainment for us, everyone needs to be proud of their teams instead of bashing each other. Ya'll know most of the kid's get on here and it it is not right to either team to have to see this because they don't know any better. The post that I wrote is correct and I'm not for either side, so root for each other and lets go and try to win a State Championship!! I can see how the Dayton people could have misinterpreted the rules but next time pay attention to the details and don't just listen to a bunch of BS. Every team needs their props for making the playoffs from this district instead of talking trash on each other. Both teams fans has showed little respect for each teams accomplishments. Now if all 3 teams would be in the same bracket than ya'll would be right but that is not the case. Therefore HEAD-TO-HEAD was the answer!!! If you ask me who do I think is the best team, it is a very easy answer and no disrespect to Lumberton but Dayton is by for the best team right now but Lumberton caught ya'll early after the QB injury and ya'll did not have the Charles kid playing QB. I wish that I could say that we all were going to dominate in the playoffs but that is not a reality. I believe that it's possible that we all make it to the 2nd round but after that the size and speed will take affect on LUM and PNG but DAYTON has a very good shot. Dayton will beat Lamarque and after that you never know. 8 out of the top 10 teams are in D-2. We've been to the playoffs pretty often and the one year that we made it to state we had a great QB with alot of weapons,heart,and determination and we had a lot of luck go our way but you never know in this game. What I posted about the rules are the facts, Lumberton was not even in the playoffs whenever this ALLEGED meeting took place, so lets start talking positive things about our teams from our district instead of bashing them. Remember it is all about the kids!!!! Good Luck To All!!

Guest gladiator2

Lumberton fans handle this with class instead of what ya'll are doing. I know it is frustrating that ya'll finally made it and then ya'll have to hear this. In the years to come I believe that ya'll are going to be the team to beat unless ya'll get bumped up to 5a due to all the influx of people moving over there. The youth program over there is awesome and they are in the Super Bowl every year. They have very good coaches over there in the youth program. As for as next years varsity, ya'll might struggle due to all of seniors leaving. No matter what anyone says you have made history and your team has a very good team. GOOD LUCK INDIANS,BRONCOS,& RAIDERS!!!!!!

I can't wait to find out the whole story on this.

The fact is most people in Dayton could really care less, but the whole principal of everything is why did a vote take place on game day to change the way the seeding occured.

According to the rules passed when the district was formed...

The final placement of the teams should have been....

#1 Dayton -1 +18 = +17

#2 Lumberton +1 -7 = -6

#3 PN-G +7 -16 = -9

If only one team were to make the playoffs it would have been DAYTON!

During the call in show, they tried to get me to comment on that mess.  If they cant resolve it, dang, just be  happy your in the playoffs poised for a state championship run.  District championships are watered down anyway!

The district championship means nothing more than a trophy and being able to say that you were the district champion. At one time that was the sole criteria for going to the playoffs. That obviously is not true today. Now it means another addition to the trophy case and nothing more.

The district championship is insignificant to this...

What this all boils down to is...

Why was there a meeting called on Friday to vote to change the way the seeding would take place.

From what I understand the rules stated that in a three way tie that the seedings would take place according to point differences.

Dayton would be seeded #1, Lumberton #2, and PN-G #3.

PN-G would be the division 1 team then Dayton would be the top seed and Lumberton the #2 seed.

I just want to get to the bottom of it and find out why the meeting was called.

You do not change the rules at the end to promote one school or the other.

If that was the case, it was done in very very poor taste.

I don't know about the meeting but I posted this very scenario a couple of weeks ago in this forum. It has been decided that way in the past in 22-4A. Once a team is removed from the three way tie (such as PN-G going Div I), then it is back to head-to-head. That is the way it has worked in this district in the past.

I don't know about the meeting but I posted this very scenario a couple of weeks ago in this forum. It has been decided that way in the past in 22-4A. Once a team is removed from the three way tie (such as PN-G going Div I), then it is back to head-to-head. That is the way it has worked in this district in the past.

Yep.  There has been a 3 way tie before in this district.  This realy should be a big deal though.  it's the playoffs and it win or go home time.

Yes, the school with the largest enrollment will be Division I and the two smaller ones will be Division II. With those two teams being tied, it will be head-to-head on which one goes as the Div II champion and which is the runner up.

I found this from October 27th when beaumontballer44 asked what happens in a three way tie. Two weeks ago I stated exactly how it would play out.

Guest beards_bro

As far as the statement about if this were the old district rules and only 1 team would make the playoffs then it would be Dayton, well guess what...this is not based on the old rules and not only 1 team makes the playoffs but 3 make the playoffs at this time. So we can talk about all of the IF THIS and IF THAT all we want but that is not reality. Reality is that 3 teams make the playoffs so there is no need to even discuss that. As far as I'm concerned if there needs to be a tiebreaker for the 1 & 2 seed in the smaller division then it should be L-Train just because we beat Dayton head-to-head. Forget the point spread...who beat who. I don't think the point spread should matter in this case. I don't think Lumberton should be penalized for not running the score up on other teams in this district to get their point spread way up.. I think all that matters is the fact that we beat the same team that is competing with us for the top seed in the smaller division. As far as having a meeting on gameday or whatever to determine seeding.. I can't speak for the officials but I just figure they may have gotten together and determined that L-Train should be seeded higher due to head to head victory.

.................... I don't think Lumberton should be penalized for not running the score up on other teams in this district to get their point spread way up.................

LOL..... come on beards_bro. I agree with Lumberton being the winner head-to-head... but Lumberton being penalized for running up the score?

Lumberton was tied with two teams, PN-G and Dayton. Those are the only scores that count. PN-G beat Lumberton so there was no chance to run up any score as you lost. Then the game with Dayton, Lumberton scored and then got a two point conversion on their last play of the game to win by one point. How would they have run up the score?

Congrats on Lumberton and good luck in the playoffs.. but running up the score??  ;D

Guest BIG HOUSE

TO Dayton & Lumberton, lets just keep winning until the PLAYERS not FANS can settle it on the field.........Let it go........

I'll still take the Raiders in a rematch.......see you guys in a few weeks,hopefully...

If the rules were changed at the last second, Dayton has a legit gripe.  If they weren't then they don't.  It's as simple as that.  I'd like to know what the meeting was about before we weigh in on this issue anymore.  Also, be careful what you say on here.  The admins have already said that they'll give out warnings if you say the wrong things about the wrong people, and three warnings means you're off the site. 

I wish someone would vote us out of this district, i haven't been to an away game in 2 years, i refuse to pass through barbers hill to go to an away game.

Hwy 90 might be 1/2 a mile closer to the away games (according to the uil), but guess what, no stop lights on I.H. 10

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.

lmao i gotta story for ya while at the meeting on gameday where we voted to change the rules we also voted on giving dayton the boot from our district see some people know ahead of time what true crybabies the bronco fans are we dont need them

Wouldn't surprise me if that were true. As bad as Dayton has rolled the teams in this district, I'd vote them out too. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami