SFA/ Sam Houston

no-look

12 hours ago, no-look said:

Last night New Mexico State lost to Sam and Grand Canyon lost to SFA both by 25 points. Same score, same night and both games were at a Johnson Coliseum. GC and NMS were leading the league at 6-0 in conference play. 

Two big wins for the Texas teams.  Crazy night of basketball.  Sam held Jabari Rice and Teddy Allen to a combined 2 points ( two of the best guards in the league).  

On 1/22/2022 at 5:20 PM, TxHoops said:

Yep lol.  Like clockwork, they score 26 & 21 today against the jacks.  No idea what happened against Sam. 

Sam beat NMS like a drum. Game wasn’t as close as the score.  Watching NMS play Saturday I had to wonder what happened. Teddy Allen was draining NBA threes as shot clock winding down. They killed SFA on the boards. Couldn’t miss. I think Allen had two points at Sam. ???

14 minutes ago, no-look said:

Sam beat NMS like a drum. Game wasn’t as close as the score.  Watching NMS play Saturday I had to wonder what happened. Teddy Allen was draining NBA threes as shot clock winding down. They killed SFA on the boards. Couldn’t miss. I think Allen had two points at Sam. ???

Yes and Jabari had 0.  Last season, Jabari was the consensus preseason player of the year before he had an injury that hampered his season.  This year they have him at the point even though the 2 is his natural position.  Think he had 21 & 8 against the jacks. 

43 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Yes and Jabari had 0.  Last season, Jabari was the consensus preseason player of the year before he had an injury that hampered his season.  This year they have him at the point even though the 2 is his natural position.  Think he had 21 & 8 against the jacks. 

Yep. He played the 2 Saturday mostly. Buried a couple threes first two shots…His emotions  wants to get the best of him sometimes but that should get better 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 6:46 PM, no-look said:

Yep. He played the 2 Saturday mostly. Buried a couple threes first two shots…His emotions  wants to get the best of him sometimes but that should get better 

Must have had some kind of lineup issue.   Normally has played the point most of the year.  It’s not his natural position but makes sense with the personnel they have.  Took over first place tonight with a pretty convincing win over Seattle.  Allen scored 33.  Rice with 7 assists and only 1 turnover. 

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Must have had some kind of lineup issue.   Normally has played the point most of the year.  It’s not his natural position but makes sense with the personnel they have.  Took over first place tonight with a pretty convincing win over Seattle.  Allen scored 33.  Rice with 7 assists and only 1 turnover. 

Allen is a scoring machine. That was a heck of a recruit. Rice is a player for sure and looks to be playing solid ball.  Honestly they look like they may be the best team…Jacks are starting to gel. Gonna be battle to finish in top four. Top four gets a double bye in tourney. Top two a triple bye I think.