22 3A

Hawks18

18 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

so club volleyball has been prevelant for 6-8 years or so?  and what about the 18 years prior to that ?  thats kind of what I am getting at here

I don't know.  Maybe they work on it all year.. even before the takeoff of club volleyball.  Are they not regularly sending kids to the next level? I don't believe that's a recent thing and it proves to me that they have better players.

Regardless playing volleyball year around probably has a ton to do with it. Especially when they are playing on the same club team. Take Bellville for instance…. Yes they have Coach Brewer who I believe is second or third on the all time wins list. But these girls are playing club together from like 4th or 5th grade to 12th. My cousin is gonna be a freshman next year and she has played club since 4th grade. She has played with the strictly Bellville club team since 6th grade. Bellville is coming off back to back state semi final appearances. Yes club ball is a major contributor but having a expectation to win and be successful in a sport also plays a huge role IMO. Hardin and Huffman are great examples of that. 

Guest mrtomcat
42 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I don't know.  Maybe they work on it all year.. even before the takeoff of club volleyball.  Are they not regularly sending kids to the next level? I don't believe that's a recent thing and it proves to me that they have better players.

i'm not disagreeing with your take.  i'm just scratching my head at it more than anything.  they have figured something out over there, whereas the rest of us are trying to play catch up.

19 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

i dont know exactly how long its been, it seems like 25 years hardin has been winning at volleyball and i can't wrap my head around it when they get destroyed in all other sports

I wouldn't say "destroyed."  Hardin's girls basketball has had some playoff basketball teams and same in softball. Matter of fact, Hardin won district in softball last year. 

Hardin Baseball made playoffs a few years ago but ran into a buzzsaw of a pitcher, Grayson Rodriguez of Central Heights.  Rodriguez was drafted high in the MLB draft after the season.  

But yeah, Hardin volleyball has been rolling for a long time and it's due to the Snells. 

19 minutes ago, highsky said:

I wouldn't say "destroyed."  Hardin's girls basketball has had some playoff basketball teams and same in softball. Matter of fact, Hardin won district in softball last year. 

Hardin Baseball made playoffs a few years ago but ran into a buzzsaw of a pitcher, Grayson Rodriguez of Central Heights.  Rodriguez was drafted high in the MLB draft after the season.  

But yeah, Hardin volleyball has been rolling for a long time and it's due to the Snells

Ages long debate.. Not taking anything away from the Hardin volleyball coaching staff, as what they're doing is obviously successful.  However, do coaches create players?  Or do players create coaches?  Or a mix of both? It's apparent that Hardin's girl volleyball players are much more talented than the ones they play against.  And huge from what I hear.  How did that come to be? Did the Snells create them out of thin air? Are there transfers helping? Do these kids play basketball and softball? I'm not doubting that something is happening but I would bet that it's a combination of factors. 

Guest mrtomcat
22 minutes ago, highsky said:

But yeah, Hardin volleyball has been rolling for a long time and it's due to the Snells. 

ok ok.  destroyed in football.  there i said it !  i guess their girls program has been in good shape after i went back and looked at the results of the program.  i guess i just assumed it was like the boys program with the exception of volleyball.  i got to looking and yall had several years of softball success and i am quite familiar with the state basketball titles yall have in basketball.  like i said, i was at one of the games at the regional tournament in 82 or 83, vs Troy.

i should have done more studying on hardin lady hornets.

• 2 weeks later...